1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For those of you watching the QB comp... Guess who is winning?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

:bang:
    http://www.timescall.com/sports-college/sportscollege-story.asp?ID=21307

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Still think we are going to see a healthy dose of both, just as we have the last couple seasons.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Why was Cody inserted to finish Tyler's drives? Intentional move to pad Cody's stats and QB rating? I really don't understand this. When the field shrinks near the goal line, that's where you need your strong-armed QB who can run.

4. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

If Hawk is gonna go down, he is sure as hell going down his way. We will never have any consistency at the position until we settle on ONE qb.

5. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Cody was inserted so that they had shared time from within the 25 yd line. This is Tyler's job.

6. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Ha ha.

Daddy making sure his son pads the record books.

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I hope you're right. You should be right. It shouldn't even be a discussion. But what scares the hell out of me (and I don't think I'm alone here), is that the one person on the planet who seems to think that Cody Hawkins is a viable BCS quarterback happens to be the head coach of the football team Cody plays on and is his dad.

8. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

9. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

What's the over/under on Cody's career INT totals? He's already got the record, but does he put it out of reach forever?

10. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

The snaps were pretty close between the two (56 snaps for Cody, 47 for Tyler), but they ran the ball 18 times when Hansen took the snap, and only 12 when Cody did, so the difference in the snaps plus the difference in running plays really makes it look like Cody is taking over the offense because of the passing stats.

It looks like we are going to have to set up the run by passing this season. We are still thin across the board at nearly every position so losing guys like McKnight really changes how effective any practices really can be for the offense.

11. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

aw hell. i just refuse to invest any emotional energy in being pissed about this whole thing any longer. i have no confidence in this staff at all. given our crappy program karma, i figure they'll win 7 games, limp into the weed-wacker bowl, get crushed, and then get retained. we'll then have a stellar class ranked somewhere in the 60s or so and at or near the bottom of the b12. it is going to be awesome. not.

the staff has made a ton of really bad choices and they haven't show any ability to build a program at all. but, probably the single worst decision they made was to bring the coach's kid here. he's a gamer and a good kid and i have nothing against him at all. but, his presence has cost us at least 2 bluechip qb for sure in landry jones and jordan wynn. so, now, we've got a qb competition between 2 guys who, as of this date, have not been able to demonstrate that they are capable of pulling the team onto their backs and willing it to a win when all else fails.

great.

12. SCB

SCB Well-Known Member

So the nightmare will continue until one or both hawks fly the coop. Cody is a nice kid but I will lose my sh*t if he is the game one starter.

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

If there were any logic involved there would be no question that Tyler is the starter. Unfortunately we are dealing with "Hawk logic" and that means unfortunately that he will still do everything in his power to prove himself right including giving his son every opportunity to be the "Hawkins on the field." In other words we are going to see Cody play a lot, I am stating it here that he will probably start at least 4 games this year and Hawk will justify it with a straight face.

The good news (if we can call it good news) is that Hawk is so stubborn that he will go down in flames making it much harder for the administration to justify keeping him yet another year after this one.

I hope in many respects that I am wrong but after four years of watching Dan Hawkins try to explain the unexplainable and excuse the unexcusable I am getting that ugly feeling in my gut that we are in for more of the same an maybe even worse.

14. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

that's why i'm not buying a ticket to the csu game until we know the starter. if cody trots out there, i will physically assault someone or jump from the concourse.

15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Keep some fresh shorts with you because from all indications Hawk will be Hawk until the administration finally grows a pair and fires him.

16. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Still 84 other scholarship kids to root for out there!

17. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

i'll root from my apartment where others cant feel the effects of my actions. :thumbsup:

18. CUwhit21

CUwhit21 Club Member Club Member

Hawk will never learn. Get this guy out of Boulder.

19. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I'm going to say the over/under is 7.5

It has to be somewhat tempered because we really don't know how many games Cody will play in.

20. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I don't care who plays QB, as long as we win

21. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

I question your use of the word "healthy".....

22. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you say except the 7 wins - no way - the road schedule is brutal.

23. Idot Buff

Agreed...we will be lucky to win 4 games....

24. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

It's not bad, I wouldn't say brutal. If we see both, 6 wins will be tough. If Hansen is the starter from day 1, I see a chance at 7 wins.

25. Bolond

Bolond Member

Four to five wins top. We do have to play on the road, and Hawk and his merry men have proved that they habitually unravel (or put the blame on others) when put in a hostile environment.

26. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I've read the reports and posts, but my question is this: were the QB's live? If they weren't I don't know how any sane person could say CH did better than TH. CH struggles mightily when he has pressure. TH has escpability. If CH knows he can sit and not worry about being hit, he probably is the better short to mid range passer. Problem is every DC from Bangor, Maine to Nome, Alaska knows what to do when CH is under center.

27. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

fyi...

http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_14705571#axzz0ie5fJaGj

28. Idot Buff

I am as analytical as they come, but why does Kiesau deem it necessary to keep.....

Unless Hansen gets injured, there is no decision to be made....Hansen is the starter. This open competition will only screw the team in its preparation for the season....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  29. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Deja vu all over again.

Except this time Miller and McKnight are dinged up, Sumler and Scott are off the team, and Simas is on the thinnest of ice.

30. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member