What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Day - University of Louisiana Monroe

Peters has that kind of confident swagger you like to see.
He's got that "make plays" ability I really like to see.

So nice to see our team driving to the basket and getting fouls called for us again. Been a few years.

Um... we went up 30 and coasted. Found open guys, made shots, defense was stout in the first half. I suppose you just want less Repine? He got a board!

I'm certainly being a bit unfair, the first half was a thing of beauty. My gut says this team will have a bit of an awakening against P5 competition in Brooklyn. I love the aggressiveness but we won't have the physical advantage that we enjoyed tonight in many more games, and the guys showed an inability to finish easy buckets around the rim, which has seemed to be one of the few weaknesses of Tad's teams (along with 3-pt defense).

Also, I really hope this is the last game all year where DW and Wes combine for only 9 FG attempts.

What I learned at the game last night.

1. ToreroBuff left too early, he missed seeing Michael Westbrook....who still appears as if he might kick some poor linebackers arse at any second.
3. Five other people other than ToreroBuff and I made the drive to Boulder to watch the game.

Naw, I saw Westbrook, he was in front of the (sad) student section in the first half. He does looks like a beast though. And I work in Boulder, so I won't be accepting any awards for making the drive. Ha.

Tad fiddles with lineups and rotations during OOC play. I'm sure all coaches do. I wonder how big a part the freshmen will play when conference play starts? The ND game should give us a clue.

I'm certainly being a bit unfair, the first half was a thing of beauty. My gut says this team will have a bit of an awakening against P5 competition in Brooklyn. I love the aggressiveness but we won't have the physical advantage that we enjoyed tonight in many more games, and the guys showed an inability to finish easy buckets around the rim, which has seemed to be one of the few weaknesses of Tad's teams (along with 3-pt defense).

Also, I really hope this is the last game all year where DW and Wes combine for only 9 FG attempts.
You could be right, after all, Notre Dame beat Seattle by 43...CU only beat them by 12.

The Buffs also missed a lot of open shots vs. Seattle. ND didn't.

So nice to see our team driving to the basket and getting fouls called for us again. Been a few years.

I only saw the highlights on the official site, but it seemed that our players are a bit better at taking contact and still finishing, at least compared to the last few years.

I'd be interested to hear from others who saw the game - did you notice this as well? If not, what did you see?

I only saw the highlights on the official site, but it seemed that our players are a bit better at taking contact and still finishing, at least compared to the last few years.

I'd be interested to hear from others who saw the game - did you notice this as well? If not, what did you see?
I'm still disappointed in the bigs being able to finish through contact. Tory and Wes need to make stronger, deliberate moves near the hoop and be ready for contact. They've both missed multiple point-blank shots while being bumped in the first 3 games.

However, others have made improvements in finishing through contact. Fortune has seemed stronger taking it to the hole, as has King and especially Akyazili. And White is Spenceresque in absorbing contact and finishing. I've also been impressed with Deleon's strength through contact.

Definitely agree with '99, guards have improved but the bigs need that swagger on put backs still.

Who am I kidding, the Buffs will be stoked to not play a pattycake and show up against ND.

Loving this 2016 class so far. The 2017 class coming in & Dallas coming off the redshirt (plus Namon for 2 years) has made me very confident that Tad has the program to the point where it's able to reload every year.

Whayt Ive taen fro the first three games is the guys look bored, waiting for legit competition. Me thinks once real bullets start flying you'll see a very assertive White and King. The rotation will tighten up, but I honestly think all the guys will still get minutes. We have 11 guys who can play and not be too worried about.

Back