What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: 2/15 9 PM on Pac 12 Network: Beating the Cougars tonight

This isn't directed at you in a negative way @Sykobuff , but I'm guessing if you'd taken a poll after George's Freshman year asking what the most ppg he'd score in any season in his career, I bet no one would have said over 10. He made the leap during his redshirt year, and reached his ceiling. I guess I most want to point that out to once again disprove the ridiculous common troll notion around here that no one has gotten better under Tad.

He's not actually a good defensive player. I didn't want to give that impression.

He's an exceptionally good defensive rebounder for his position.

He has lapses on defense, but has played harder this year and hasn't lost his guy anywhere near as often. Mostly, though, he's someone who better outscore the guy he's guarding. He's not the guy you put on the other team's top scorer. King's a positive to winning on that side because he is a versatile defender, helps control the defensive glass, and holds his man (usually a secondary option) in check for that guy's averages without fouling.
Yeah I hear ya there man, didn't want to be too hard on him. Dude plays his ass off.

This isn't directed at you in a negative way @Sykobuff , but I'm guessing if you'd taken a poll after George's Freshman year asking what the most ppg he'd score in any season in his career, I bet no one would have said over 10. He made the leap during his redshirt year, and reached his ceiling. I guess I most want to point that out to once again disprove the ridiculous common troll notion around here that no one has gotten better under Tad.

Good point

I don't think so. Arizona, Ucla and Gonzaga were. He had a nice offer list.

Wow. That is just shocking. If he'd gone to any of those places, he wouldn't have played a bit and would have transfered in one year.

Seriously, is there one Pac12 starting guard that Dom can beat off the dribble? I doubt it. That's saying a lot. I admit, he's turned into a good spot-up 3pt shooter (when he's open and given a clean pass.) But otherwise, his overall game is nowhere near what those schools (or the majority of power conference schools) expect in a guard.

Back