What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Buffs @ Wildcats

Miller's first words in the post-game were that they had to hit 2 circus shots to win it. Gave the Buffs a ton of credit.

I actually like Miller. I think Tad does, too.

Altman and Enfield are a different story. Hurley is moving into the mix with them. Nothing but hate for those guys.

Same here. Always liked Miller. Dude can coach and he usually takes the high road.

Good Game Buffs, you are making us proud with your fight!
Good Night, Stay Classy Tempe

6486a425-0c23-4e70-999b-3bff2ff090d2.sized-1000x1000.jpg

I just don't understand how it's accepted and basically expected that you're going to get ****ed on the road in the Pac-12 - except in Boulder (and maybe SLC, I don't know).

We've been in the conference long enough, the refs need to stop treating us like interlopers.

I'd be a little more accepting of the constant ass raping we take on the road if we knew that we'd get equivalent treatment at home.... but we don't.

**** Miller. I don't give a **** how much he praises our guys. Fact is, he's the most underachieving coach in the "elite" programs. No Finals Fours. And he's the head of a cheating program. That says it all.

Great start by CU at beginning...weren't intimidated by the scene, played D, rebounded, made shots.
Bey and King really stood out to me...Bey crashing boards again. King scoring and hustling.
NWright.....wow, got quick foul/s in each half and just didn't see action after that. Coach with perma-trigger on him tonight.
I put the az win on those two huge threes at the end with a CU hand in the face. Wow.
Great heart by CU, closer game than the final score. But a loss is a loss. Keep you head up and go beat sparky and their entitled-acting coach.

Announcer just brought up the Chen Robbery Game and said that it was just barely on the tip of his fingertip.

No.

Sorry.

That was a bad call that I will never forgive.
That one should go down as one of or thee biggest travesties of justice ever in college hoops. I get fired up every time I am reminded of that play. Zebras went to replay and should of saw what the rest of the world saw - it wasn't even close to borderline; the ball was a good foot or two out of hands when the clock still read 00.1. The refs saw this same replay (see the 35 second mark). Just find me one legit referee at any level that would agree with that call, just one..

That one should go down as one of or thee biggest travesties of justice ever in college. I get fired up every time I', reminded of that play. They went to replay, it was even borderline, the ball was a good foot or two out of hands when the clock was at 00.1. The refs saw this same replay we did (see 35 second mark); just find me one legit referee at any level that would agree with the call after seeing the replay, just one.

Definitely got that **** off.

I just don't understand how it's accepted and basically expected that you're going to get ****ed on the road in the Pac-12 - except in Boulder (and maybe SLC, I don't know).

We've been in the conference long enough, the refs need to stop treating us like interlopers.

I'd be a little more accepting of the constant ass raping we take on the road if we knew that we'd get equivalent treatment at home.... but we don't.
Yep. You'll notice that I don't complain about road calls. I expect every single 50/50 call to go against us and then for it to be a bit worse than that when playing at Arizona & UCLA due to their status. But the other side of that coin is that I get crazy pissed when CU isn't even getting the majority of 50/50 calls in a home game.

Last edited:
I can't believe we out rebounded zona playing zone half the game
Went to Tucson without Miller & Battey, Siewert goes down early in the 2nd half, Walton's minutes got limited due to foul trouble, Ayton & Ristic played great... and CU still out rebounded UA in their building in a game that got decided in the final 3 minutes with George King having to try to guard Ayton 1-on-1 much of the 2nd half. It doesn't make sense. There is no reasonable explanation for that to happen except that our guys played their ****ing guts out.

Yep. You'll notice that I don't complain about road calls. I expect every single 50/50 call to go against us and then for it to be a bit worse than that when playing at Arizona & UCLA due to their status. But the other side of that coin is that I get crazy pissed when CU isn't even getting the majority of 50/50 calls in a home game.
The road games I get. I don't see why CU still gets jacked with at home, no excuse for it really.

Last edited by a moderator:
The broadcast tonight was FS1. I saw a bit of their pregame "college basketball report" style show. That plus the game and how the post game was handled seemed like a total AZ home town show. I get it the game was in Tucson. I get it that Arizona is one of the better teams. But the whole broadcast seemed to be produced straight out of the Arizona athletic department or local station. Not so appropriate for a national network like FS1.

The broadcast tonight was FS1. I saw a bit of their pregame "college basketball report" style show. That plus the game and how the post game was handled seemed like a total AZ home town show. I get it the game was in Tucson. I get it that Arizona is one of the better teams. But the whole broadcast seemed to be produced straight out of the Arizona athletic department or local station. Not so appropriate for a national network like FS1.
Pfffft.

Went to Tucson without Miller & Battey, Siewert goes down early in the 2nd half, Walton's minutes got limited due to foul trouble, Ayton & Ristic played great... and CU still out rebounded UA in their building in a game that got decided in the final 3 minutes with George King having to try to guard Ayton 1-on-1 much of the 2nd half. It doesn't make sense. There is no reasonable explanation for that to happen except that our guys played their ****ing guts out.

As frustrated as Tad has been the last couple years it seems like now he has "his" team.

He has a bunch of guys who will play defense, who work hard, who overcome adversity and don't let themselves go into funks.

This is an easy team to root for even when they don't win.

Miller's first words in the post-game were that they had to hit 2 circus shots to win it. Gave the Buffs a ton of credit.

I actually like Miller. I think Tad does, too.

Altman and Enfield are a different story. Hurley is moving into the mix with them. Nothing but hate for those guys.

Hes the P12 basketball Bob Stoops. You could poke fun at him, and always suspect he cheated, but he never got caught

Isn't Higgins more of a Big 12 guy? We've had him four times IIRC....

Was at the game tonight. CU played really well. Arizona hit a few big low percentage shots down the stretch, and the FT shooting was the difference. Didn’t seem like CU was getting jobbed by the refs (sans the Boyle tech, didn’t see any reason for that).

Ayton is unreal, and they did well against the mismatch of talent.

Was at the game tonight. CU played really well. Arizona hit a few big low percentage shots down the stretch, and the FT shooting was the difference. Didn’t seem like CU was getting jobbed by the refs (sans the Boyle tech, didn’t see any reason for that).

Ayton is unreal, and they did well against the mismatch of talent.
It’s much easier to get a sense of the calls in person. Actual fouls called were pretty even. It’s just that our fouls sent them to the line. But hopefully the refs on Saturday will feel a bit of pressure to be more “even handed” on Saturday.

Last edited:
Wish the team could read what you posted.

Deal with it. That’s what comes with playing with the big boys, sucka!!

Boom!

Back