What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GAME THREAD: Dick-Chards @ Buffs

Just curious. I only have Pac 12 National and none of the refional channels. I’ve got Dish Denver. I’d assume the Mountain Region IS showing replays. All I get, between now and next week’s games, are: UCLA at Stanford (6 times); Oregon at Oregon St.(4); Arizona at Utah (4); ASU at Utah (5); USC at Stanford (5). Really Pac 12? This is what I signed up for with your ****ty, California centric crap network?

I only get Pac 12 national and I don't understand why this game is not being rebroadcast and the others are being shown numerous times.

Just curious. I only have Pac 12 National and none of the refional channels. I’ve got Dish Denver. I’d assume the Mountain Region IS showing replays. All I get, between now and next week’s games, are: UCLA at Stanford (6 times); Oregon at Oregon St.(4); Arizona at Utah (4); ASU at Utah (5); USC at Stanford (5). Really Pac 12? This is what I signed up for with your ****ty, California centric crap network?

Jesus, DBT, learn how to stream already. If you get the Pac12 network with dish, I believe you can access the app and each of the networks.

Last edited:
No wonder Ashley Adamson, host of Pac 12 Final Score, knows how to pronounce Arvada. She went to Mullen.

Last edited:
22bw7y.jpg

R (as in art)-vad (as in bad)-uh (as in duh)

Woot. Same with Nevada. The dolts from New York incorrectly call it Ne Vaahhhh Da. But the 2nd syllable in "Nevada" rhymes with "bad", just like Arvada, as you point out.

Another weird thing. When I was a youngster here a lot of the locals (natives) used to call Westminster "West-MIn-i-Ster" adding a nonexistent syllable and inadvertently branding themselves as mega-rubes. My Mom and Dad pointed this out to us often. I think if we'd said "West-Min-i-Ster" we might have been kicked out of the house into a blinding snowstorm.

The one that gets me is when out-of-staters mispronounce “Broomfield”. They invariably assume the spelling is wrong and change it to “Bloomfield”

Bastards.

Woot. Same with Nevada. The dolts from New York incorrectly call it Ne Vaahhhh Da. But the 2nd syllable in "Nevada" rhymes with "bad", just like Arvada, as you point out.

Another weird thing. When I was a youngster here a lot of the locals (natives) used to call Westminster "West-MIn-i-Ster" adding a nonexistent syllable and inadvertently branding themselves as mega-rubes. My Mom and Dad pointed this out to us often. I think if we'd said "West-Min-i-Ster" we might have been kicked out of the house into a blinding snowstorm.

Wayminny!

Doesn't happen very often.

It’s like have a hot dice at the craps table. You gotta keep rolling when it comes to these game threads.

Scotch is on fire. Looking forward to your work on 1/10.

I'm with the Arvada rhymes with Ar-bad-uh crew.

And even though I grew up in Denver and still don't know what exactly constitutes the dead space know as Westminster...I will say that Wheat Ridge and Arvada are no longer black holes of darkness. In your late 20s or early 30s and want to by a house? Join your friends and head northwest of Denver.

Wheat Ridge Bike Shop is the best in the biz, and Old Town Arvada is becoming a nice little strip.

I'm with the Arvada rhymes with Ar-bad-uh crew.

And even though I grew up in Denver and still don't know what exactly constitutes the dead space know as Westminster...I will say that Wheat Ridge and Arvada are no longer black holes of darkness. In your late 20s or early 30s and want to by a house? Join your friends and head northwest of Denver.

Wheat Ridge Bike Shop is the best in the biz, and Old Town Arvada is becoming a nice little strip.
I grew up in and around Denver and that's how I always pronounced Arvada.

Yep, I know several people that are moving around Old Town. The School House is owned by a CU grad and they always show the games. Good whisky bar.

Back