What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at Utah (Saturday, 2/11/23, 8:00 PM MT; FS1)

AztecBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Men's basketball (14-11 overall; 6-8 in the Pac 12) hits the road for a short 1 game swing this coming weekend, facing off against the Utah Utes (16-9, 9-5) this Saturday night.

Note - As I type this, the current NET rankings (dated 2/8/23) have CU at #67 while Utah is at #54.

The game is scheduled to be shown on the FS1. (More info and links near the bottom of this post.)

Go Buffs!!!

(Cubuffs.com preview(s) not available as I type this. )

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Links to more information on the Utes:

Roster
- https://utahutes.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats - https://static.utahutes.com/custompages/stats/mbb/2022-23/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND
Schedule - https://utahutes.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2022-23
Their game(s) preview article - https://utahutes.com/news/2023/2/7/...t-homestand-with-colorado-saturday-night.aspx
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Media links:

Live video
- Game is scheduled to be shown on the FS1 channel. For anyone with a subscription to that channel, I'm guessing the game will also be viewable on the Fox Sports App, or through a link at https://www.foxsports.com/live .

Live stats - http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=429049

Live audio - In addition to being available on 850 or 630 AM in the Denver/ Boulder area and maybe other stations in the Buff radio network, looks like a free audio stream will be available at https://cubuffs.com/watch/?Live=2776&type=Live .

Games notes - Not available as I type this.

Preview for tomorrow's game - https://cubuffs.com/news/2023/2/10/...n-three-game-road-swing-at-utah-saturday.aspx

"
THE SEASON: Colorado is 14-11 overall and in seventh place in the Pac-12 Conference at 6-8 after gaining a sweep of the Bay Area schools at home last week. The Buffaloes cruised to a pair of double-digit wins, taking down California 59-46 on Feb. 2 and then Stanford, 84-62, on Feb. 5.

Colorado's 84 points against the Cardinal marked its most in a conference game this season and the most since scoring 86 against Southern Utah on Dec. 21. The Buffaloes opened the second half of that game on a 16-0 run, its longest run of the season. The Buffaloes improved to 82-5 in the Tad Boyle era (since 2010-11) when scoring at least 84 points. Colorado shot 52.7 percent against the Cardinal and a season-best 94.4 percent from the line (17-18).

The Buffaloes will look to flip the script on the road, having dropped their last five and are just 1-7 in true road games this season. Colorado is averaging 65.3 points per game on the road compared to 73.8 at home. The Buffaloes are shooting 40.4 percent on the road compared to 47.1 percent at home. Colorado has allowed 72.1 points on the road while the hosts are shooting 45.7 percent. At home, the Buffaloes have held opponents to 60.7 points on 40.7 percent shooting.

On the Pac-12 leaderboard, Colorado is second in steals (8.2), rebounding margin (+4.9) and offensive rebounds (11.7 orpg), third in scoring defense (65.6 ppg), turnover margin (+0.8) and rebounding (37.8 rpg), fourth in scoring (71.2 ppg), scoring margin (+5.6) and defensive rebounds (26.1 drpg) and fifth in field goal percentage (.442) and rebounding defense (32.9 rpg)

ABOUT THE UTES: Utah is 16-9 overall and fourth in the Pac-12 at 9-5. The Utes have dropped two of their last three after splitting with the Bay Area schools last week. Utah averages 70.4 points per game, hitting 44.2 percent from the field. The Utes are the best field goal defense team in the Pac-12 allowing teams just 38 percent and boast the second-best scoring defense at just 61.8 points per game. Utah has the second-best rebounding offense in the league at 39.3 per game.

Senior center Branden Carlson leads Utah at 16.5 points, 7.7 rebounds and 2.2 blocks per game while hitting 53 percent from the field. Sophomore guard Lazar Stefanovic averages 10.6 points and leads the Utes in steals with 30. Junior guard Rollie Worster tops Utah in assists (130) while averaging 9.0 points per game.

SERIES RECORDS: This will be the 58th meeting between Colorado and Utah with the Buffaloes holding a 32-25 edge. The Buffaloes have won two-straight and five of the last seven. Utah holds a 17-10 lead in Salt Lake City, but the Buffaloes have won the last two.
"

I really like the MJ player interview, they give us a glimpse into their personalities. Lukes steady evolution from a talented but maybe soft mostly perimeter player I saw in HS to a more hardnosed one, good rebounder and solid defender (except against bigger post players) has been fun to watch. Wonder if he will want to use the extra covid year to play 2 more years.

Star Wars GIF

That is all...

Knew this was gonna happen. You know…It would be cool to have a PF on this team.

I see we get road TDS tonight.

Also, someone should tell Tad that opponents have figured out our switches, and that having you pg guard their PF may not be a good ****ing look

Also, the next one of you ****ing morons who says college basketball doesn't need bigs anymore can lick my ****ing taint

Tad Boyle is in danger of becoming the new Lorenzo Romar of the PAC 12. Romar lasted too long at UW - 16 years. He recruited very well at the end of his tenure, just failed to produce wins and had to be fired. If next year does not result in an Tourney bid, which I think is very likely, the vast majority of CU fans will see what I think is obvious now - it’s time to move on after 13 years.

Tad Boyle is in danger of becoming the new Lorenzo Romar of the PAC 12. Romar lasted too long at UW - 16 years. He recruited very well at the end of his tenure, just failed to produce wins and had to be fired. If next year does not result in an Tourney bid, which I think is very likely, the vast majority of CU fans will see what I think is obvious now - it’s time to move on after 13 years.
Oh FFS shut the **** up with this crap.

This team is dog **** bad.

Tad has done a God ****ing awful job with them this year.

He's not going anywhere, he shouldn't be fired, he's not going to be fired.

SHUT
THE
UP
WITH
THIS
BULL****

SHUT
THE
UP
WITH
THIS
BULL****
A little emotional are you? LOL. I could give a **** what you think.

The reality is Tad Boyle needs to move on when this is your team in year 13. It’s completely and totally unacceptable to recruit this garbage team this far into his tenure.

SHUT
THE
UP
WITH
THIS
BULL****
This team is not that bad!

All of you think LL is god and he cannot even face up and shoot a 10-foot jump shot, or show any threat of a shot. Is that his fault, or is there anyone coaching him to at least be a threat to shoot the ball? When he gets the ball out above the key, his defender goes and defends the lane and does not even bother with him. Bad Coaching

KJ Simpson is an All-Pac12 PG, and he has been completely figured out by defenses and has to do everything on his own. Where is a solid Pick and Roll game for him to work with, and where is a Chris Paul mid-range game that he can go to?

And while I agree that we get a Road TDS, he is the BEST pure shooter we have had in a very very long time, and we run ZERO plays for him to get a clean and open shot, once again he has to do it on his own, and on the road, he is super tentative. Our offensive plan is to treat everyone the same, and whoever has the open shot can take it, even if it is Clifford over Da Silva, which is dumb. Jaquez is UCLA's best player, and everyone knows it, and he takes the most shots, but not just on his own, he runs off multiple designed screens, so he can get a shot. Then, once defenses over-commit, others can get involved. But no, we run the same vanilla swing it around, try and dribble drive, then kick it out offense.

Then there is Allen sitting on the bench rotting away

Oh, and don't worry about helping them shoot a better FT percentage

And finally, why bother with getting some good Transfers Tad

Tad should not be fired, but he screwed up this season by about an 80%-20% margin over the players

This is the worst coaching job ever by Tad, and he likely knows it.

Last edited:
A little emotional are you? LOL. I could give a **** what you think.

The reality is Tad Boyle needs to move on when this is your team in year 13. It’s completely and totally unacceptable to recruit this garbage team this far into his tenure.
Tad needs to "move on" - with the highest ranked recruit, IN CU HISTORY, coming in, on top of 2/3 recruiting classes in the top 20.

Sit down, shut up and let the adults have a legit conversation.

Back