What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at Utah (Saturday, 2/11/23, 8:00 PM MT; FS1)

This team is not that bad!

All of you think LL is god and he cannot even face up and shoot a 10-foot jump shot, or show any threat of a shot. Is that his fault, or is there anyone coaching him to at least be a threat to shoot the ball? When he gets the ball out above the key, his defender goes and defends the lane and does not even bother with him. Bad Coaching

KJ Simpson is an All-Pac12 PG, and he has been completely figured out by defenses and has to do everything on his own. Where is a solid Pick and Roll game for him to work with, and where is a Chris Paul mid-range game that he can go to?

And while I agree that we get a Road TDS, he is the BEST pure shooter we have had in a very very long time, and we run ZERO plays for him to get a clean and open shot, once again he has to do it on his own, and on the road, he is super tentative. Our offensive plan is to treat everyone the same, and whoever has the open shot can take it, even if it is Clifford over Da Silva, which is dumb. Jaquez is UCLA's best player, and everyone knows it, and he takes the most shots, but not just on his own, he runs off multiple designed screens, so he can get a shot. Then, once defenses over-commit, others can get involved. But no, we run the same vanilla swing it around, try and dribble drive, then kick it out offense.

Then there is Allen sitting on the bench rotting away

Oh, and don't worry about helping them shoot a better FT percentage

And finally, why bother with getting some good Transfers Tad

Tad should not be fired, but he screwed up this season by about an 80%-20% margin over the players

This is the worst coaching job ever by Tad, and he likely knows it.
LL in the past 2 game has had 3 legit passes in the PnR. He has buried all of them. Funny thing, he isn't good at turning passes to his ankles into pts.

KJ is an all Pac-12 PG and he has been completely figured out - a dumber sentence has never been written. If he is all pac-12, doesn't that imply you can't "figure him out"? Or are you implying that that pac-12 is a dumpster fire of pgs, none of which are any good? Also, shouldn't an all pac-12 pg be able to get more than 1 pass to his 7-1 center on the PnR?

TDS outside of 1 or 2 outliers is 2 different players, home vs away. And they ran multiple sets to get him open, but surprisingly enough, Utah has watched tape and knows this. He had several open shots, and either didn't take them or didn't make them.

The real issue on this team, as it has been from the start, is a massive lack of leadership, both on and off the court. That is where everyone's angst, anger, disappointment should be. No one stepping up. Tad not fixing it.

Edit - we shot 92.3% fts tonight.

2nd edit - give up on QA - he's not it, will never be it, and will never play meaningful minutes for us this year, if ever. Accept it, it's a fact. Stop trying to make it a thing.

Last edited:
When TDS scores in single digits, we're going to lose. If the other team was keying on him, got to wonder how that resulted in him not having a single assist. And to top it off, he only pulled down 2 rebounds. When the team is constructed to go through one guy like CU is this year and he plays like that, there is no hope.

When TDS scores in single digits, we're going to lose. If the other team was keying on him, got to wonder how that resulted in him not having a single assist. And to top it off, he only pulled down 2 rebounds. When the team is constructed to go through one guy like CU is this year and he plays like that, there is no hope.
We need Williams to be the truth and KJ to continue to improve. Those things happen and TDS is suddenly option #3 and is looking DAMN good. Dudes just not a #1 option.

Tad needs to "move on" - with the highest ranked recruit, IN CU HISTORY, coming in, on top of 2/3 recruiting classes in the top 20.

Sit down, shut up and let the adults have a legit conversation.

LOL - you were the one screaming in all caps for me to shut-up.

I have been following the CU basketball program closely for 30 years, and have been a season ticket holder that entire time.

Most of Ricardo Patton's teams could run circles around this team talent-wise. Boyle's 2022 recruiting class was ranked #76, and the 2021 class was ranked #13, but was stunningly overrated.

Other than de Silva and KJ, this team does NOT have talent at all. All of Hammond, Lovering, O'Brien, Wright, Gabbidon and Hadley are low level or non-PAC 12 players. Lovering to his credit is at least a good defensive player, but has virtually no offensive skills. Clifford is a good athlete, but also has little offensive skill. Quincy Allen will never be a factor here. Hulbert and RJ Smith are unknowns, but neither is likely to be big contributors next year.

This team is the result of very poor talent evaluation. Unless CU makes the Tourney next year, I think Tad Boyle's time is up in Boulder. He's going to hit the transfer portal very hard to have any chance of a good team next year.

I have been following the CU basketball program closely for 30 years, and have been a season ticket holder that entire time.

Most of Ricardo Patton's teams could run circles around this team talent-wise. Boyle's 2022 recruiting class was ranked #76, and the 2021 class was ranked #13, but was stunningly overrated.

Other than de Silva and KJ, this team does NOT have talent at all. All of Hammond, Lovering, O'Brien, Wright, Gabbidon and Hadley are low level or non-PAC 12 players. Lovering to his credit is at least a good defensive player, but has virtually no offensive skills. Clifford is a good athlete, but also has little offensive skill. Quincy Allen will never be a factor here. Hulbert and RJ Smith are unknowns, but neither is likely to be big contributors next year.

This team is the result of very poor talent evaluation. Unless CU makes the Tourney next year, I think Tad Boyle's time is up in Boulder. He's going to hit the transfer portal very hard to have any chance of a good team next year.

Are you trying to say the program was better under Patton?

QA was a big recruiting miss in a sport where a major recruiting miss hurts a lot.

Are you trying to say the program was better under Patton?

No. Boyle is certainly a better coach than Patton. But, Patton had no practice facility during his entire tenure, and many of his teams had more talent than this team. Also, Patton had to play road games before very passionate and raucous fan bases in the Big 12. It's much easier to win on the road in the PAC 12, and Boyle has certainly benefited from that, too.

How many schools would allow the head men's basketball coach to go into year 14 with two wins TOTAL in the NCAA Tourney? Also, Boyle's teams made the tourney 5 of his first 7 years, and has only made the tourney once since then (I recognize they may have made the tourney in the COVID year).

No. Boyle is certainly a better coach than Patton. But, Patton had no practice facility during his entire tenure, and many of his teams had more talent than this team. Also, Patton had to play road games before very passionate and raucous fan bases in the Big 12. It's much easier to win on the road in the PAC 12, and Boyle has certainly benefited from that, too.

How many schools would allow the head men's basketball coach to go into year 14 with two wins TOTAL in the NCAA Tourney? Also, Boyle's teams made the tourney 5 of his first 7 years, and has only made the tourney once since then (I recognize they may have made the tourney in the COVID year).
@Scotch - did you get drunk and log in under the wrong account?

That 2002-2003 team was really fun and obviously 96-97 was an amazing team, but outside those two, I'm struggling to find any other team that was undeniably better.

That 2002-2003 team was really fun and obviously 96-97 was an amazing team, but outside those two, I'm struggling to find any other team that was undeniably better.
If you wanna talk about let down players/performances David Harrison has to be close to the top of that list

No one on this roster can match the mental enigma that dude was

Back