What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Thread

Again. there is no cash to buy out his contract. The AD cannot afford to pay another coach to come in and replace Hawkins. Unless some Boosters step up, hawk is our coach for the next two years.

That simply is not true.

A $500k buyout is certainly manageable by this athletic department.

More than likely it would not be a total up-front payment, anyway.

Again, sorry guys. This game really suprised me...I thought for sure you'd smear these guys.

I didn't watch or listen just following the stats and game cast via my cell....

Why the **** does your idiot coach keep his ****ty son in the whole game? He sucked. No offense but your coach is an idiot

Again. there is no cash to buy out his contract. The AD cannot afford to pay another coach to come in and replace Hawkins. Unless some Boosters step up, hawk is our coach for the next two years.

Please, they will lose money with attendance next year if Hawk is brought back after a 3-9 season..

Its one game, so I don't want to go jump the gun but this performance in the 1st half along with some questionable coaching decisions in the 2nd half by Hawk is really embarrassing.

Hawkins and his be nice mentality is killing this program. This is worse than montana state. Where were our DB'S? Brown,smith burney? Our GREAT OL ? Hawkins and staff are a JOKE and it's time some of you realize this.

CU is the joke of the big 12, hawk can say whatever he wants, he's a clown and should be gone with bohn.

Come on tough guys, let's hear your excuses :lol:

I said it after the UT drubbing (70-3)...need to make a change....we are better than this.....the bad thing is, we will have to now wait years to get us back to where we belong...

In****ingexcusable!!!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I saw absolutely NO comprehensible gameplan. Scott picks up 8 ****ing yards on his first carry .. and then we went to the passing game?!?!? WTF!!! And we hardly saw Scott the rest of the game?!?

And Espinoza returning punts by running laterally on every ****ling punt!!! WTF have these guys been doing all August?!?

Bohn needs to have a SERIOUS ****ing sit-down with Hawk ... and give him a ****ing ultimatum. :sad2:

They will not have a hard time coming up with 500K if we get another losing season. Bohn also needs to realize the Bzdelik better win big or his a$$ might also be on the line, so to cover is own Arse he will attempt to save face and own up that its time for a coaching change.

Bye-bye Hack. We need something different because it just isnt working with this guy. He lost me last year anyhow, but I beleived that maybe that talent he recruited would bring us through. Despite the cupboards NOT being empty now, his and his staffs' pisspoor coaching has managed to make us an even worse team than Barnett's last season.

Hawkins staff can NOT pass the ball because that's all they try to do with a high school caliber (if that) QB. Why the **** your alums and boosters haven't demanded Hawk Jr to be a 2nd or 3rd sting qb is beyond me.

You have depth at the running game. RUN THE ****ING BALL!

But the **** call by the officials changed and decided the game./
Correct...that was the end of the game....had we held on to the ball, things may have been completely different.....

I think Hawkins gameplanned from the beginning for a chance at an onside kick to get the ball back with a chance to win. At least that's what it looked lilke. Go for it on 4th down in your own territory in the 3rd quarter, then kick the ball away with 6 minutes left and 2 scores down. And with Cody eating up the clock for CSU, it was executed almost to perfection.

Scott had 1 rush from scrimmage. Rodney had six, although he averaged almost 7 yards per carry. Two yard summler had 8.

Can we just fire Hawkins already.
I am so disgusted. I was at CU from 1993-1998. I remember when we used to beat the bejesus out of CSU by just showing up. Today, it is actually being called a rivalry. I cant believe my ears.

This man has been coach for years yet every year we under-achieve. What have we got to look foward to when we cant even beat CSU at home? Cody Hawkins (bless his heart) couldn't quater back a high school team talkless of a Division one Big 12 team. He cant throw the ball without having it tipped. He has no arm strength. He is too short. And as a result, our offense is anemic. Even our suppossed vaunted running game is laughable.

Hawkins is making Barnett look like a world beater. I truly miss the Nuehisal days. (cant believe I am saying it) Back then we would lose the occasional game we weren't suppossed to lose. But at least we were competitive year in year out and a thrill to watch. Our skill players were fantastic.

Now, you put on CU football and it is a snooze fest. I really dont know where we go from here.

Correct...that was the end of the game....had we held on to the ball, things may have been completely different.....

What call was that?

It was pretty clear on the replay that McKnight caught the pass, turned, took two steps, got leveled, and fumbled before he hit the ground.

I suppose you could fault the referees for not throwing a flag on the CSU safety who de-cleated McKnight with his helmet-first hit.

But it was clearly a catch / fumble.

I said it after the UT drubbing (70-3)...need to make a change....we are better than this.....the bad thing is, we will have to now wait years to get us back to where we belong...
i was actually content with barnett. noone could argue against the fact that his teams were very fundamentally sound. i wasn't thrilled with him after 70-3, but i would not have been upset if he had been extended after that season. but now i have absolutely no faith in the coaching staff's ability to coach. it's very demoralizing

i was actually content with barnett. noone could argue against the fact that his teams were very fundamentally sound. i wasn't thrilled with him after 70-3, but i would not have been upset if he had been extended after that season. but now i have absolutely no faith in the coaching staff's ability to coach. it's very demoralizing
Ahhh. It all makes sense now. :thumbsup:

I am so disgusted. I was at CU from 1993-1998. I remember when we used to beat the bejesus out of CSU by just showing up. Today, it is actually being called a rivalry. I cant believe my ears.

This man has been coach for years yet every year we under-achieve. What have we got to look foward to when we cant even beat CSU at home? Cody Hawkins (bless his heart) couldn't quater back a high school team talkless of a Division one Big 12 team. He cant throw the ball without having it tipped. He has no arm strength. He is too short. And as a result, our offense is anemic. Even our suppossed vaunted running game is laughable.

Hawkins is making Barnett look like a world beater. I truly miss the Nuehisal days. (cant believe I am saying it) Back then we would lose the occasional game we weren't suppossed to lose. But at least we were competitive year in year out and a thrill to watch. Our skill players were fantastic.

Now, you put on CU football and it is a snooze fest. I really dont know where we go from here.

rep.. :thumbsup: Welcome to the board..

:yeahthat:

If CU had a band it would be called "Dropped Passes and the 20 yard sack" not featuring any runningbacks.

A change needed to be made. That's why Barnett was fired.

Now, it looks like a change needs to be made, again.

Hawkins has done some very nice things for CU. He has certainly cleaned up CU's image and from a PR standpoint he is a godsend. He also understands his situation at CU and I have never heard him complain that CU doesn't have the things that other schools do.

But -- that all being said -- Hawkins appears over his head to me. There is only ONE coach on this entire staff who I have ANY confidence in, and I have that confidence because his players, game in and game out, have been prepared to play for the past twenty-something years.

this has not done crap with this team. What excuses is he going to come up with now? He cant say no depth. He didnt even play the best players like DS, or Hansen.

WTF?!

What call was that?

It was pretty clear on the replay that McKnight caught the pass, turned, took two steps, got leveled, and fumbled before he hit the ground.

I suppose you could fault the referees for not throwing a flag on the CSU safety who de-cleated McKnight with his helmet-first hit.

But it was clearly a catch / fumble.
Agreed.....it was the correct call...no fault with Scotty...only saying that had we held on to the ball at that point and gone on to score, things may have been different.

Are we sure our offense isn't exactly the same as last year? Oh wait, we didn't use the shotgun much. Other than that it looks like the exact same crap. Hagan needs to man up and pick a RB and by god don't let it be Sumler. Tell Cody to hand off to Stewart or Scott for 20+ carries a game and let the other one get 10+ carries. If we absolutely must go with Hawkins we need to go with nothing but timing routes so he can use his endless hours of practice to his advantage, him making plays on the fly is not something he can do. I actually liked whichever announcer it was that seemed to be saying everything I was thinking. He said on numerous occasions that rotating RBs is just like rotating QBs, it's just not good. Let one stay in there and get in a groove. Right after Scott makes a hell of a play on the screen pass he just immediately gets replaced? Stupid.

Thanks for the welcome. I come here all the time but never registered. Today's loss was the tipping point. I had to voice my frustration.
Even with the off field drama, I cant believe we have fallen this far. Hawkins is a good man no doubt. And I appreciate some of the things he has done for the program. But CU has to decide if it wants to be Northwestern or CU.
Personally, I follow CU football with the hope that we can become dominant. Understandably, that takes time. But after four years, it is clear that we are going to be mediocre under Hawkins.

We need a nasty football coach who wants to win-period.

this has not done crap with this team. What excuses is he going to come up with now? He cant say no depth. He didnt even play the best players like DS, or Hansen.

WTF?!

It is absolutely clear to me that they intend to redshirt Hansen - or he would have played tonight when Hawkins wasn't getting it done.

I would guess that Hawkins/Hansen have an agreement that Hansen will redshirt (barring injury to Hawkins, Jr.) and so Hansen probably doesn't have much role in game prep.

I had several people tell me that Seth Labato was taking snaps with the #2's in the week leading up to the CSU game.

Back