What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Game Week! (Exhibition Style)

still a maybe for me if I go or not tomorrow. curious what those who follow the team and roster moves closely will be looking for against Mines.

still a maybe for me if I go or not tomorrow. curious what those who follow the team and roster moves closely will be looking for against Mines.
Point guard play, end of shot clock situations, and who can drive into the lane in half court situations. Basically how replacing Kin is actually going to look. Tad has said 3 headed monster. I really doubt Kee, KJ and Julian get equal minutes.

Gane day!

Mine's gave us a run last year and are a legitimate program. Kobi Betts and Brendan Sullivan were both low level D1 recruits out of high school and are seniors and Mines best players. Sullivan is a DII All American and before you scoff remember Derrick White. Will be a challenge for our young players! Don't be surprised if it's a 10 point game or less and don't panic if it is. We are young!

Mine's gave us a run last year and are a legitimate program. Kobi Betts and Brendan Sullivan were both low level D1 recruits out of high school and are seniors and Mines best players. Sullivan is a DII All American and before you scoff remember Derrick White. Will be a challenge for our young players! Don't be surprised if it's a 10 point game or less and don't panic if it is. We are young!
Mines played us tough, but it was in 2018. Sorry to nit pick. Also, they are #5 in the preseason D2 poll.

Buffs up 23-12 at the 8 min TO. Battey, Kee, DaSilva doing most work. I think I’m in “Lovering” with Lawson. Too much?
Let's see what happens in Lincoln first. That's D1 competition (I know they're the only team in D1 that hasn't actually won an NCAA tournament game, but whatever) at least.

In the house. Early observation - it’s evident our Frosh have played in good programs (HS and AAU) and are so much better prepared for this level. Unfortunately, some Sophs we are counting on do not look ready. Still.
Define "counting on"... If it's Clifford you speak of, then I'm not surprised.

66-43. 4:24 left. Very impressed with the PG by committee.
@Goose :
jonah hill GIF

My deep analysis of the highlight clip: The multiple shots of the cheerleaders was a nice touch.

In all seriousness, looking at the box score, going 2-17 from 3 will kill you most nights. The entire point differential (20) came from the free throw line where CU outscored Mines by 21.

Good morning all. Here's a brief recap of what I witnessed first hand last night. Take it FWIW because it was against a D2 school, but also remember that it was against a D2 school.

Mines
- Mines is a good team. Good system. Smart players. Can shoot.
- Kobi Betts could play D1, no problem. Quick, savvy, tough, can create shots
- #42 Paul O' Leary is a GD spaz. At some point this year he'll either hurt himself or another player.

Colorado
- DaSilva grew! 3 inches and 20 lbs. His game is very solid. I'll definitely double down on saying he could easily be a 8pt, 5reb, 2ast guy who does all the little things and plays nasty D. And anybody thinking that's his ceiling would be wrong.
- Kee has definitely matured. Looks quick and confident. I feel a lot more reassured that he can handle running the team this year. Showed good touch inside and out and was even scrappy on the boards on ocassion. I actually think he showed some Kin type flashes.
- Battey is Battey. All good.
- Walker - Got the ticky tack calls on him that Battey used to get. Three of the fouls he picked up would never be called in conference play. Felt like he could've flipped the switch at any moment and taken over but didn't. Tad kept him in even after he picked up #3 and #4 early, so that might held him back a bit. Not too worried because he showed flashes of explosiveness. Took one shot from outside 15 feet.
- Parquet is Parquet. All good.
- Simpson - Didn't realize he was so quick. On both ends. Ran the point confidently for sure and definitely looked like college ball was no big deal. Needs some lbs to bang with some of the guards in this conference, but that will come. He's got that Big Baller confidence already.
- Clifford. The progress we hoped would be there seems to not be there yet. Got the quietest 6pt 7rbs you'll ever see. Half the rebounds were other guys banging and tipping it around and the ball fell to him. Very slow on the dribble and very slow/hesitant on D. Did not seem to have any real confidence.
- O'Brien - Nope. Just no. No idea what's going on here. Sloooow on D. Lacks confidence on both ends. Won't bang inside, not quick enough outside. Shot 2 threes and both BARELY drew iron. Got 3 of his 4 points backing down a 6-3 backup guard late in the game and got an And1. You can tell Tad & Co. may be wondering what they have here as well.
- Hammond - Delightfully surprised by his game. Wasn't sure about him coming in TBH. Not at the same level as Simpson, but defintely not afraid to assert himself on both ends. Will give us some spark minutes this year for sure.
- Ruffin - Played minimal minutes, but definitely looked hindered by the knee or the large brace or both. Hard to tell what he's got.
- Last but not least...Lovering. Love this dude. He is going to be what we hoped to have in Walton and more. Great feet for a big. Works hard, not afraid to bang inside, altered shots. Showed some great post moves, just needs to fine tune his touch a bit. Man, once he adds another 20+ lbs in the weight room this kid will be a 14pt, 7rb guy easy. Will probably be a 8-10pt, 6rb guy this year if he gets the minutes simply because he works so hard and he gets to the line.

Saturday will give us a better sense of things, since Tad rolled out every lineup combo you can imagine and we were playing a (very good) D2 school.
I'm sticking with my assessment that this can be an 18-20 win season if the freshman continue to progress and we get ANYTHING from a couple of other players. I am VERY optimistic about the future though. If Walker were to stay, I would say 2023 could be UNREAL.

Beat Nebraska.

Last edited:
Outside shooting may be a concern, but everything else was a positive other than bari picking up the same dumb fouls
I'd honestly love to see Eli shoot 3-4 a game! He showed such great form last year and hit at a high rate. He definitely is more of a catch and shoot player though so somebody needs to help create those opportunities for him.

Back