What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread-MEN'S bball hosts CSU (Thurs., 12/8/22 7:00 MT, ESPN2), No. Alabama (Thurs., 12/15 6:30 MT, Pac 12 Net.) and UNC (Sun.,3:00, Pac 12 Net.)

Tad says they have 3 very good offensive players and guarding the 3 point line will be crucial.

It's easy to think of UNC as an easy win. May be hard this year.

Yeah. That should have been a no-call imo.
Not even that. The cylinder is designed to keep guys from diving under airborn players to take a charge. It’s a great rule, in fact I think the cylinder should be moved further out. It does not give you free rein to swing your elbows high (not maliciously fwiw, it was a normal basketball play). You can still get offensive fouls in the cylinder. Also, I’m sick and grumpy watching this game at home, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Lol.

No defense from either side in that first half. Almost every miss and turnover was unforced by the defense.

I hate the first shot of the half being a 3 early in the clock without any ball movement or paint touches.

I like all of our backup guards for like 15 minutes. Like Hammond is good for about 15, imo, and Ruffin continues to grow into that role. But man, it'll feel good to have a guy like Cody Williams enter that rotation next year

Significant improvement on the defense in the second half.

Our wings are so disappointing, I’d like to see Ruffin get more and more run on the wing. He isn’t any better than the other wings on D, but he shoots the ball well.

Good win, but unsatisfying at the same time.

We're not a good team yet, but we're getting closer. Guys seem to be figuring out their roles.

I'm just gonna say it again...our ceiling is a lot lower if Allen isn't playing and Wright and Gabbidon are getting all these minutes.
I think that's fair. Allen is someone who can score every time he touches the ball from anywhere in the half court no matter what type of player is guarding him. Firepower wins championships.

Whatever is currently holding him back, we should all hope that it gets worked out.

Tristan makes scoring look easy. He isn't going to take someone from the top of the key and dunk on them. But he can make a shot from almost anywhere, and it's always so damn smooth.

Any game that hey and KJ decide they want to win, we're going to win

We would be so much better if Lovering was a threat. He is bricking point blank layups. Someone show him a baby hook as well. This is ridiculous.
Have to agree, especially regarding the 'baby hook'. That should be so easy for him. I think Tad got a little fed-up with it.

We would be so much better if Lovering was a threat. He is bricking point blank layups. Someone show him a baby hook as well. This is ridiculous.

@Buffnik did a mini bwalk by saying this should be a breakout game for LL

it seems like he is still getting used to the fact that it’s ok to be as tall as he is at this level. the axis of his offensive game is too low to the ground

Good to see that the constant bitching about LL's offensive game is back. Here is where the real bitching belongs.

The combined per game stats of the players who are truly disappointing this season (2 grad transfers and a player in his 3rd year with the program, second as a starter).

58 mins/game
17 ppg
9 rpg
4 apg
4 TO pg
39/30/58 slash line

It's the wings, folks. The 58 mins/game that Clifford/Gabbidon/Wright are getting should be more like 38 minutes. I'd account for the additional 20 minutes as follows:

+5 to Hadley (from 25 to 30 mpg)
+10 to Ruffin (from 12 to 22 mpg)
+5 to Allen (give him 5 mins of run per game)

@Buffnik did a mini bwalk by saying this should be a breakout game for LL

it seems like he is still getting used to the fact that it’s ok to be as tall as he is at this level. the axis of his offensive game is too low to the ground
I don't think that was me.

Anyway, I love his defense, communication and effort. I see improvement with his rebounding. But until he fixes his FT shooting, he's too much of a liability to have on the court at the end of games.

Back