What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S bball hosts Oregon (Thurs., 1/5/23, 7:00 MT; ESPN2), and OSU (Sat., 7:30 PM MT, Pac 12 Networks)

I had a long response written out, but the ****ing computer ate it. So let's try it again with less patience.

1.) Yes, if there's an athletic upperclassman big man who has a solid game we should bring him in. Good ****ing call! I'm also keeping an eye on Kate Upton in case she wants to be an au pair.

2.) Your lineup is ****ing awful. Hadley isn't in the backcourt. Williams isn't in the front. Diop is probably redshirting. Quincy probably wont' be in the rotation. Hurlburt isn't a center. Where's Clifford? Where's Smith? Where's numerous other guys that have shown more than players whose names you've heard of so you threw them on there?

3.) Williams might only be a one year player?!? HOLY ****! Have you shared that with Tad? I'm sure in the three ****ing years he's been recruiting him and discussing his future plans. Not only that, but I'm thinking Tad may want to start trying to recruit good players. He hasn't thought of that at all.

4.) Finally, and I can't believe how many times people have to point this out to you - FINAL FOURS ARE INCREDIBLY HARD AND INCREDIBLY LUCKY. You can have the best damn team in the nation but it's a single elimination tournament. Lightning strikes. Our goal next year is to make a S16. Our goal is to win a regular season title. With that lineup, are those things possible? **** YES. That's a GOOD LINEUP. You have scoring (KJ). You have playmaking (Williams). You have grit (Hadley). You have defense (Lawson) and you have an all around player (TDS). Could that lineup make the F4? Considering some of the teams that have made F4's in the last few years, yes. No one is saying we shouldn't be trying to improve. We're saying you have to be realistic.

You coming in and saying "We should improve on Lawson with a legit big man who is athletic and has a solid game" is like saying "The Buffs should have avoided Lewis and Shrout last year and gone for that Caleb Williams guy. What was the staff thinking?"
I hope Kate comes through for you

Tad is in love with Lawson, he has a close relationship, he roots for him to be great, he gives him a ton of leash, and I do believe he wants him to be the Josh Scott of this team or better

My Lineup sucks, Hadley is a 6-6 Guard, but he is not in the backcourt? He plays way above his size, and is the most physical guy, because he has to in this current roster, but technically he is still a guard. TDS, Allen, and Williams are Guard/Forward combos that are all built for scoring, and if they play defense they can be amazing. Last night TDS played the best defense, and according to REAL GM Advanced Stats, TDS has the best Defensive Rating on this team. Hurlburt is not technically a center, just like Hadley is a guard, we are ill-equipped to throw any big athletic bodies at people. Is that guy a unicorn that we cannot find, or that we do not want to find? Looking forward to seeing Smith play, but he will be a depth piece for 24 and a contributor in 25. Right now Nique is not playing very well, and with LOB and TDS playing better defense than him, along with more rebounding and scoring, he is getting bumped down.

Sweet 16 would be amazing and super special, but your goals are always the mountaintop, with the milestones along the way. 25 wins, P12 Title, S16, and hopefully F4

Cody Williams is currently tearing it up and is a Top 5 NBA prospect for 2024, so 1 and done, or G-League Ignite is not out of the question. I pray to baby Jesus that he comes and stays two years at least, but he is blowing up.

I am only 5'6" tall, so everyone has dunked on me my whole life.

Go Buffs

Love our basketball fanbase. 30 ****ing point win against Dana Altman, who everyone anoints as the best ****in coach in the conference, and we're yelling about Lovering.

Tad obviously loves him, so we're going to be seeing a lot of him over the next two years. I think that's a great thing, but I see why people don't. If he caught half of the pocket passes Hammond gave him last night, he has 10 points.

Next year's team has TONS of potential. Very excited for it. I also think that Diop will play next year, but I'm bullish on him. I also think we will see Courtney Anderson steal some of Clifford's minutes, but I digress.

Great win last night, love seeing TDS take over. His offensive game just looks effortless

I realize at this point that we might as well change Lawson's position to PG for all the cheerleading I do for him. I also realize that everyone should take my comments about him with a grain of salt. But I'm at the point where I don't care if he provides 3 turnovers a game, goes 0-3 from the field and basically causes us to play 4 on 5 on offense - he's THAT valuable on D. I don't care how you look at it, it's obvious. If you need the numbers - look at what he did to Oregon's bigs last night (with props to LOB and TDS for the help there as well). If you think that math is too simple, look at his advanced numbers - dude is leading the team in offensive rebounding percentage (397th nationally) and in block percentage (125th nationally). If you think all math is dumb, watch the game - he's out there calling all the defensive alignments and other team's plays out. He shoves guys into position.

It's not nineteen ninety-****ing-six guys. No one dumps the ball in the post and watches guys play. The only guys I can think of off of the top of my head that are focal points for their teams offense while being low post bruisers are Edey and Timme. Guards win! In Tad's scheme, bigs are expected to body up and rebound. Guess what? LAWSON DOES THAT! You want a big man that sits in the post and you can run the offense through? Well, first you'd better get one hell of a bag to get the one kid every 2-3 years who can do that for the one season he'll be in college (and that's going away soon). And you'd better get ready for the quality of our PG's to go down because no PG wants to come and throw the ball in the post and play with themselves while a 7 foot dude bodies up for 10 seconds before making a move.

There are legit complaints/criticisms about both Tad and Lawson's game that can be made. Unfortunately, it's drowned out by the stupidity because people don't realize that Shaquille O'Neal retired. I can't believe this is still a talking point. I'd rather read posts about ****ing kickers at this point.

Sure, but I still think Alcindor would start over LL.

His hands are terrible, but believe it or not they have improved immensely since last year. Hopefully he takes another step next year. His Defense is solid although last night he kept jumping at outside pump fakes from big men. He exposed himself a bit, but Oregon was terrible and didn't take advantage of it.
He needs to walk around dribbling a racquetball

Can anyone explain to me how a 7' 1" man misses a dunk? I'd like to know how many opening tips LL has won...I figure he's good for 3 sheets of paper on the opening tip.
LL's positioning on D & mechanical footwork on O makes me wonder how a 4* was attached to baller from Wyo.
If I see it I'm sure Tad does...round peg in a square hole.
Don't get me wrong...I like the kid...I want to see him grow into what he can be.

Can anyone explain to me how a 7' 1" man misses a dunk? I'd like to know how many opening tips LL has won...I figure he's good for 3 sheets of paper on the opening tip.
LL's positioning on D & mechanical footwork on O makes me wonder how a 4* was attached to baller from Wyo.
If I see it I'm sure Tad does...round peg in a square hole.
Don't get me wrong...I like the kid...I want to see him grow into what he can be.
I asked that question about LL getting blocked last year. Couldn't immediately find it but i think either Goose or Lama replied that he starts his dunk motion holding the ball really low compared with other 7' players.

Edit: found it

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF
LL was pulled because he had 3 fouls in the 1st half.
Tad has a better handle on his team, than you do. I think.

I asked that question about LL getting blocked last year. Couldn't immediately find it but i think either Goose or Lama replied that he starts his dunk motion holding the ball really low compared with other 7' players.

Edit: found it
I asked the question then and I’ll ask it again now - who coaches our bigs? Does anyone? And if we do have someone doing it, I’m not convinced they’re good at it.

Goddammit.

I have tix for tonight, but I'm getting after flying last weekend, and I'm thinking the better part of valor is to stay home. If anyone wants two tickets, dm me and I'll transfer them. Hopefully someone has no plans for a Saturday night and can use them.

Offense has been in the tank for an extended amount of time yet we are up by 20 after that fantastic bucket by TDS

Team may be starting to figure it out.

Playing exceptional defense, valuing the ball, and the offensive movement is beautiful.

This upcoming trip to LA is huge.

Back