What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosts Utah (Sat., 2/24/24; 7:00 PM MT; Pac-12), Cal (Wed., 2/28, 6:00 PM; Pac-12) and Stanford (Sun., 7:00 PM; FS1)

As a straight woman, I think TDS is the best looking guy on the team (I think Ruffin is #2). But that wasn't TDS's mom - he said his family was all back in Germany. The people with him were "surrogate" family - I think he said the "Reys" (?) and the O'Briens were his substitute families.
As a straight man, I'd offer that TDS is way too tall for me.

Something was said, they kind of got in each others face a bit, then walking away Eddie seemed to fling a hand at his face, not sure if he hit them or not, but they all scrambled, words were said, etc. I would say bad blood brewing, but well, unless we somehow see them in the P12T, it doesn't matter.

Just generally, this game seemed a bit more heated, both on the court and in the stands, with some hatred towards Stanford. Interesting, but I will admit I normally struggle to hate on them.
Anyone else catch the extracurriculars between Eddie and 22(?) on Stanford in the handshake line? I am pretty sure its the guy who hacked him resulting in Eddie's T.
We saw that too - as much as I'd love to see Eddie flatten the douche, we kinda need him for the next 3-4 games.

For the most part, I thought Furd played pretty clean, but I think it was 23 who got into it with Eddie.

Another article, this one covering more the Senior Day aspect - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/3/4/mens-basketball-senior-night-perfect-end-to-historic-home-season

"

Senior Night Perfect End To Historic Home Season​

By: Colin Wagner, Athletic Communication Associate

BOULDER - Colorado's Tristan da Silva and Luke O'Brien were celebrated at the CU Events Center for Senior Night here on Sunday, capping off a historical regular season for the Buffs at home. The victory over Stanford marked Colorado's 16th home win in the 2023-24 season (16-1), matching the most regular season home wins in team history.

"Another good win," head coach Tad Boyle said. "Especially on a night where we honored two young men who are, to me, what college athletics is all about. They haven't ever given up. They've gone through tough times, each in their own way, and to see them honored tonight and given the love that they deserve tonight from our fans and their teammates warms your heart as a coach. To me that's what Colorado basketball is all about."

Da Silva put together a huge performance in his final home game as a Buff. He recorded a double-double with 27 points and 11 rebounds while knocking down a career-high five 3-pointers, moving into 10th all-time on the Colorado 3-pointers list. Da Silva's points and rebounds were both season highs.

"Playing against Stanford was full circle," said da Silva, whose older brother Oscar was an All-Pac-12 player for the Cardinal. "It has been crazy. The first season was awkward with the artificial crowd noises and stuff like that. But yeah, it's great to play in front of this crowd and I told them after the game how much they've impacted this experience and how much I valued every moment in front of the crowd."

Up to this point in his career, da Silva has scored 1,332 points, pulled in 448 rebounds and dished out 180 assists.

O'Brien put in solid minutes for the Buffs in his last game at the CU Events Center, scoring three points and recording two boards and a steal in 24 minutes of playing time. He has been a force for Colorado all season long and was a big contributor in CU's long home win-streak this year.

"It was surreal," O'Brien said of playing his final game in Boulder. "I didn't think it would ever come to this. It just went too fast for us, but we enjoyed it. Tristan is my best friend. We've been through many ups and downs, so it's tough to sink in that this was our last year."

In the 2023-24 season, O'Brien has recorded 172 points, 99 rebounds and 29 assists. He has improved in each year as a Buff after seeing just 46 minutes of playing time in 10 games as a freshman to now averaging 22.7 minutes per game in year four.

Both da Silva and O'Brien have repped the Black in Gold since stepping foot on campus in Boulder in 2020 and they have created a special bond in their four years.

They saved their best year at home for last, winning their first 13 games in Boulder for the first time in team history. The 13-0 home start surpassed the team's previous best of 12-straight wins to start a season which happened in the 1968-69 season when the Buffs went on to win the Big Eight Championship.
"

Back