What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosts Utah (Sat., 2/24/24; 7:00 PM MT; Pac-12), Cal (Wed., 2/28, 6:00 PM; Pac-12) and Stanford (Sun., 7:00 PM; FS1)

Really good game from Hadley. And KJ was just the dude again.

Not to sound gay or nothing, but I always thought TDS is a devilishly handsome dude in a Puss in Boots kind of way. Confirmed on senior night - mom is hot.

Great end to the home slate. Stanford might have the worst guard play I’ve seen all year. 42 is a pretty darn good player in the post, but their guards stink. Really happy that TDS balled out on senior night. One of his best games all around.

It’s a tremendous disappointment that Tony Padilla works Big 12 games too. The man is an embarrassment to a profession that already has a low rating.

He was screamed at by numerous fans as he went into the tunnel. So much so that he started to come back out and engaged with a couple of them. Fvcking rabbit ears, short man syndrome, SDE Biyotch.
From The Athletic, here are a couple of anonymous coach’s opinions of Tony Padilla:

“Never been a fan. I can’t stand, at a high level, the phantom calls. The calls I don’t agree with are one thing. It’s the out-of-nowhere calls. And this dude has never been wrong about anything, ever.”

“Never feel great when he’s on a game. Never know how the game will be called.”

Tonight’s other ref, John Gaffney, received generally positive comments.

Last edited:
Fire Tad.
Drew Goodman the announcer said he talked to Tad about some type of conversation about the pressure to make the tournament, but Tad loves his team, but making the tournament is just a lot of blah blah blah. Tad is just about participation trophies and that type of conversation is from a guy that just does not feel institutional or media pressure to be great. He is a good coach, he does things right, he is not costing us a ton of money, and 20 wins without any tournament success is just good enough.

Media after last night's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/3/3/mens-basketball-buffs-vs-stanford

"

Da Silva, Simpson Propel Buffs Past Stanford​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

BOULDER
— Colorado's Tristan da Silva celebrated Senior Night with a 27-point, 11-rebound double-double Sunday to lead the Buffaloes men's basketball team to an 81-71 win over Stanford at the CU Events Center.

Tad Boyle's Buffs won their fourth straight game to improve to 20-9 overall and 11-7 in Pac-12 play. Stanford lost its sixth straight game to fall to 12-17, 7-12.

Colorado also improved to 16-1 at home this season as the Buffs cliched their 10th 20-win season in Boyle's 14 years in Boulder.

Along with da Silva's second double-double of the season, KJ Simpson added 22 points and seven assists for the Buffs, J'Vonne Hadley scored 15 and Eddie Lampkin Jr. chipped in 11.

Maxime Raynaud led Stanford with 26 points and 12 rebounds.

Colorado trailed at the midway point of the first half but used a 23-6 run to take control and the Buffs led by seven at the half, 44-37. Stanford briefly cut the lead to just three early in the second half but Colorado quickly responded to push the lead into double digits and led by as much as 20 down the stretch.

The victory moved the Buffs into a tie for third with Oregon in the Pac-12 standings, with the top four in the league earning a first-round bye in the conference tournament. The win also guaranteed the Buffs a winning conference record, Boyle's ninth winning conference mark in 13 Pac-12 seasons.

The Buffs were once again without the services of starter Cody Williams and key reserve Julian Hammond III (injuries), but the Buffs had more than enough firepower to dispatch the Cardinal.

Colorado shot 53 percent from the floor (33-for-62), including 11-for-25 from long range. CU also had a 38-27 edge on the boards and tallied 13 second-chance points.

Stanford shot 25-for-57 (44 percent), but the Buffs limited the Cardinal to just 11-for-29 shooting in the second half, including a dismal 3-for-18 effort from long range.

Da Silva finished 11-for-18 from the floor (5-for-10 from beyond the arc) while Simpson shot 8-for-17, including a 5-for-9 night from long range.

"KJ and Tristan were phenomenal," Boyle said. "Our guys believe in each other. They've overcome the injuries. It's next man up … That's what makes me most proud of this team, is all of the injuries that we have overcome. It hasn't gotten us down. We haven't made excuses, we just keep chugging along and we've won 20 games. That says a lot for all the adversity that we've had to fight you know as a group, players and coaches."

DECISIVE MOMENT: Stanford made a brief run early in the second half to cut Colorado's lead to three. But the Buffs answered with a 9-2 run to regain control and the Cardinal never threatened again.

WHAT IT MEANS: The Buffs remain solidly in position for a first-round conference tournament bye while also improving their NCAA Tournament resumé.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado shot 53 percent from the floor (33-for-62), including 11-for-25 from long range … CU had a 38-27 edge on the boards and tallied 13 second-chance points … The Buffs limited the Cardinal to just 11-for-29 shooting in the second half, including a dismal 3-for-18 effort from long range.

NEXT UP: The Buffs hit the road next week for a pair, beginning with a 7 p.m. game Thursday at Oregon (ESPN2), then a 3 p.m. game March 9 at Oregon State (Pac-12 Network). After that, it's the Pac-12 tournament in Las Vegas running from March 13-16.
"
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/stanford/boxscore/16617

Through all of next season, unless he takes that NIL bag from Kansas or North Carolina
I worry that if this is the direction it takes, Tad and Rick will be nice guys and simply shrug, thank him for all he'd done and wish him all the best while lamenting how much the game has changed. Rick should be hitting up donors right frickin now to put some money in the kitty to at least try to entice Cody and KJ that it would be worth it financially to come back for one more year. Not holding my breath given the second our final MBB game hits 0.0 Rick's attention will immediately turn 100% back to football.

I worry that if this is the direction it takes, Tad and Rick will be nice guys and simply shrug, thank him for all he'd done and wish him all the best while lamenting how much the game has changed. Rick should be hitting up donors right frickin now to put some money in the kitty to at least try to entice Cody and KJ that it would be worth it financially to come back for one more year. Not holding my breath given the second our final MBB game hits 0.0 Rick's attention will immediately turn 100% back to football.

Meh. Da Silva was offered a bog to go elsewhere and Tad was able to keep him around.

On the spectrum of how it goes down, Tad simply shrugging is not how it will go.

No. What happened?

Something was said, they kind of got in each others face a bit, then walking away Eddie seemed to fling a hand at his face, not sure if he hit them or not, but they all scrambled, words were said, etc. I would say bad blood brewing, but well, unless we somehow see them in the P12T, it doesn't matter.

Just generally, this game seemed a bit more heated, both on the court and in the stands, with some hatred towards Stanford. Interesting, but I will admit I normally struggle to hate on them.

Reactions: GRM
Not to sound gay or nothing, but I always thought TDS is a devilishly handsome dude in a Puss in Boots kind of way. Confirmed on senior night - mom is hot.
As a straight woman, I think TDS is the best looking guy on the team (I think Ruffin is #2). But that wasn't TDS's mom - he said his family was all back in Germany. The people with him were "surrogate" family - I think he said the "Reys" (?) and the O'Briens were his substitute families.

Back