What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBall hosts Utah (Sat., 2/24/24; 7:00 PM MT; Pac-12), Cal (Wed., 2/28, 6:00 PM; Pac-12) and Stanford (Sun., 7:00 PM; FS1)

He's literally a projected first round pick on some mocks, dude...this board continues to show it's lack of knowledge on basketball.

This thread read was absurd. A blow out the whole way, but we're apparently soft, playing **** defense, etc. etc.

Some of y'all need to just watch the game.
The point of the board is to exchange thoughts/opinions. Even have some fun.
Y'all need to be less self-important.

While Lampkin can make me nervous when he is dribbling and with some of his passes, I thought he had a great game last night in his 30 minutes. 13 points on 4-5 FG and 5-6 FT. 7 REB, 3 AST, 2 TO and 3 PF.
Would liked to have seen more Diop and Dak minutes to help them progress instead of limping Williams and bleeding da Silva.

I missed the game and didn't read the thread but judging by the score, I'd retain Tad for now. We'll need a coach for the conference tourney and it would be disruptive to bring in Battey now.
UBL take on Battey. WTF is floating that disaster of an idea? CU should replace Prime with Dave Logan if he fails with 2 this year.

CU played one of there better games, maybe their best in P-12 play. Bummer on Cody's ankle, but he toughed it out. It is just win baby win. It stinks that our NET is going down, since many of our opponents are dropping tiers. Wash State beats Zona Thursday, and gets beat by the fighting Hurleys. Ore losing helps, but not losing to Cal, I think they drop to Q3.

If Zona wins, the schedule sets up decent for CU. If we win out or 3 of next 4 beating Ore, we are probably 3rd in PAC. UCLA has Zona and @Wash St. Ore has Zona and then CU. Drop a game, and we have to win 1-2 tourney games.

Last edited:
Lovering is a giant puss. Getting treated with the disdain he and his soft a$$ dad deserve.
Why Lovering left is not documented, but seriously . . it's not because he was mistreated while here. My inside info was he played with a lot of Utah player during the summer camps and decided to transfer. What ever the reason, when you commit to a team, receive all help and any accolades and you transfer after 1 year. . .you kind'a deserve to be treated this way. Someone shoud point out, he started here, he's from the bench there. The two turn-over passes to no one is a bit of a indiction, of his prowess.

Eddie is at least trying. That’s about all I can give him though.
I'm getting frustrated with Eddie. . he's become the Battey-wannabe and failing. He can't jump (note: doesn't do tip off, doesn't line up for rebound opposing free-throws, and have you ever watched him "slam dunks?" He barely can get the ball above the rim. . we sit under the basket and see this. He's missed a lot of dunks too. He's a widebody, but without "altitude" he can't defend. He holds on to the ball too long (been stripped many times). He helps, he tries, he somewhat of a factor, but we need to get Diop and Dak experienced to fill-in/take his place. Note: he was pulled after USC was trashing CU there, and never put back and we won.

Not really sure why they felt the need to put Cody back in.
wow TOTALLY agree! They were leading by only 9 at the half, but increased that to a sold 15+, and kept Cody in. He was still limping some. . WHY push this envelope with Hammond out for a few games(season?) and all the injuries he's had this year?! Even leading by over 20+ he put him back in. "Practise" has injured more Buffs, and that's not competion. This was risky of Boyle. Disappointing.

Seriously, why do we still have 3 starters on the floor?
1) because scores matter we were pressing on a 30pt margin, pulled the starters, and fell to 24 margin in literally minutes. 2) to gain "experience", 3) Utah is one of the best 3pt teams in league, not enough time to win, but. .

Why Lovering left is not documented, but seriously . . it's not because he was mistreated while here. My inside info was he played with a lot of Utah player during the summer camps and decided to transfer. What ever the reason, when you commit to a team, receive all help and any accolades and you transfer after 1 year. . .you kind'a deserve to be treated this way. Someone shoud point out, he started here, he's from the bench there. The two turn-over passes to no one is a bit of a indiction, of his prowess.
Hey I mean no offense with this so please don't take it the wrong way, but what is your story? Your writing is completely intelligible but something just seems a little bit off in some of your phrasing . It's very subtle so it's hard for me to even point out what I'm talking about. Anyway, again, everything is fine, and I mean no offense. I'm just curious.

While Lampkin can make me nervous when he is dribbling and with some of his passes, I thought he had a great game last night in his 30 minutes. 13 points on 4-5 FG and 5-6 FT. 7 REB, 3 AST, 2 TO and 3 PF.
Would liked to have seen more Diop and Dak minutes to help them progress instead of limping Williams and bleeding da Silva.
Lampin has becomed the designiated "Battey-type" fan favorite, but he's not performing well. Yes, good numbers last night, but all dunks, free-throws, in the paint. Watch him. he can't jump. Doesn't do tip-offs, doesn't refound on opposing free-throws, and when he gets opportunity to dunk he barely can clear the rim. . why we see him miss a lot of tip ins?

If there's any issue with the Tad Boyle coaching system. . it's the high rate of turnovers. WHY can't this be coached to fix? Cross court passes over the defense, telegraphing passes. . Any other team that got a win and only 4 turnover, the turn overs marging wouldn't be noted. . So why CU? BECAUSE THIS IS THEIR BIGGEST PROBLEM! Fix it Tad!

Watchiing the first (away) game I recognized Utah was a good shooting team #55 they're hot'est (3) shooter. I was rather baffled, their guards would drive the lane and usually undefended for a easy layup . . and they toss it out for a perimeter 3pt shot. . . . and miss it. Maybe a good strategy when you have a lot of pts to make up, but trading a solid 2 pts for a "iffy" 3?? Bad strategy. Utah is a hot-shooting team, and have talent (sans LL ;o). . They were a threat the first half. . but then CU played "their" game and the 4 turnovers proved it.

Hey I mean no offense with this so please don't take it the wrong way, but what is your story? Your writing is completely intelligible but something just seems a little bit off in some of your phrasing . It's very subtle so it's hard for me to even point out what I'm talking about. Anyway, again, everything is fine, and I mean no offense. I'm just curious.
Russian Bots, man. They're everywhere these days.

I'm getting frustrated with Eddie. . he's become the Battey-wannabe and failing. He can't jump (note: doesn't do tip off, doesn't line up for rebound opposing free-throws, and have you ever watched him "slam dunks?" He barely can get the ball above the rim. . we sit under the basket and see this. He's missed a lot of dunks too. He's a widebody, but without "altitude" he can't defend. He holds on to the ball too long (been stripped many times). He helps, he tries, he somewhat of a factor, but we need to get Diop and Dak experienced to fill-in/take his place. Note: he was pulled after USC was trashing CU there, and never put back and we won.

Eddie is no Battey. Battey was special with those soft hands and played better defense. They need Lampkin, as their bench is thin. I think we played about 6 1/2 players (starters + O'Brien) last night. Diop did some nice things in his 8 minutes. Ruffin played 10 minutes, but sat mostly after he was dunked on, until we were well ahead. If Lampkin can just rebound decent, minimize turnovers, and stay out of foul trouble, he can eat up some minutes. Diop and Dak are averaging less than 8 mins a game.

KJ, Hadley and O'Brien all had great games. I would say Cody played great, as he gutted it out. Eddie played relatively good last night. DeSilva had another tough shooting night, but he battled through and it did not impact the team. We need Hammond back, Cody to get healthy and just stay healthy in general. Hopefully, Hammond's knee comes along, he can eat some key minutes.

Last edited:
We were struggling with their height for a bit in the second half, Tad put Diop in and it was no longer a problem. I was impressed with how much Diop has grown.
For stretches, we had KJ on the court with 4 guys tall enough to be the center on a low-major conference team.

Lampin has becomed the designiated "Battey-type" fan favorite, but he's not performing well. Yes, good numbers last night, but all dunks, free-throws, in the paint. Watch him. he can't jump. Doesn't do tip-offs, doesn't refound on opposing free-throws, and when he gets opportunity to dunk he barely can clear the rim. . why we see him miss a lot of tip ins?

I personally loved Battey for who he was as a person, not because of his body type. It's kind of unfair to Lampkin to throw that expectation on him for his one year here. No one made him a designated fan favorite or mayor - those things are earned, not designated. Obviously Lampkin has a similar body type and plays below the rim. I don't recall Battey getting too far off the ground or donut dunking either. Battey constantly improved and became a shooter his final year which really opened things up for his offense. No one respects Eddie's jump shot, but he gets a ton of rebounds, draws fouls, is a good FT shooter, and is the only big body we've got to match up against the Bellos, etc. We have never been able to get a Bello type of player, so we have to take what we can get. Lampkin replaced Lovering, not Battey. From that angle he's a definite upgrade and gives us a roster piece we didn't have last year.

For stretches, we had KJ on the court with 4 guys tall enough to be the center on a low-major conference team.

Dude is a baller.

Thinking of what TDS could be if he just had an average first step. There were a few times last night where the lane was his if he could have started off quicker.

TDS is gonna do great in Spain ACB or Germany BBL next year.
He's literally projected in the first round, dude.

27. Cleveland Cavaliers: Tristan da Silva

• Previous mock draft spot: No. 25
  • School/Team: Colorado
  • Nationality: German/Brazilian
  • Position: SF/PF
  • Size: 6-foot-9, 220 lbs
Positional size, projectable shooting, a high skill level, smart passes and consistent production help create a high floor and sense of safety around Tristan da Silva. The questions ask about how much limited explosion and physicality will limit him inside the arc as a scorer, rebounder and defender. While those questions can make it tough to detect upside, there will be certain teams in the 20s and 30s willing to settle on a high-IQ, 6-foot-9 shotmaker, even if the post offense and drives don’t translate.

Last edited:
Media after yesterday's win:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/2/24/mens-basketball-buffs-vs-utah

"

Buffaloes Roll Past Utah​

By: Neill Woelk, Contributing Editor

BOULDER — Colorado's KJ Simpson scored 28 points Saturday and the Buffaloes' men's basketball team rolled to an 89-65 win over Utah at the CU Events Center.

Tad Boyle's Buffs improved to 14-1 at home this year while bumping their overall record to 18-9 and their Pac-12 mark to 9-7. The Utes fell to 16-11, 7-9.

Colorado led by nine at the half and the Utes were still within 10 with just under 14 minutes to play. But the Buffs used a 9-0 run to boost their cushion to 19, then quickly pushed the margin into the 20s and Utah never shaved the margin below 20 again.

Simpson led four Buffs in double figures while shooting 10-for-15 from the floor, including a 5-for-8 night from long range. J'Vonne Hadley added 20 points and nine rebounds, Eddie Lampkin Jr. scored 13 points and grabbed seven rebounds and Tristan da Silva chipped in 12 points.

Gabe Madsen led Utah with 18 points, but he scored just two in the second half thanks to stellar defense from Hadley.

Colorado had an outstanding shooting night, connecting on 54 percent of its shots (32-for-59), including a 10-for-21 effort from 3-point range. The Utes shot 44 percent (27-for-61) but hit just four of their 23 attempts from beyond the arc and were just 12-for-31 in the second half.

But perhaps the most important statistics for the Buffs came in the turnover department. Colorado entered the game dead last in the Pac-12 in turnovers, but gave the ball away just four times against the Utes — a season low and tying the fewest ever by CU in a conference game. The Buffs also forced 10 Utah turnovers that led to 10 CU points.

The turnover number produced a big smile on Boyle's face.

"That was fantastic, and 19 assists to go with it," Boyle said. "If you do that, you're going to win a lot of games. We were efficient offensively, we showed great patience, we shared the ball and defensively we cranked it up in the second half. KJ did what he's been doing for us all year and J'Vonne was phenomenal both offensively and defensively."

DECISIVE MOMENT: After Utah pulled to within 10 early in the second half, the Buffs put together a 9-0 run, part of an 18-4 surge that gave Colorado a 24-point cushion. Utah never came closer than 22 again.

WHAT IT MEANS: The win keeps the Buffs squarely in contention for a top-four conference finish, which would mean a first-round bye in the Pac-12 tournament.

KEY STATISTICS: Colorado committed a season-low four turnovers, which also tied the program record for fewest turnovers in a conference game. … CU shot 54 percent (32-for-59), including a 10-for-21 effort from 3-point range … The Utes shot 44 percent (27-for-61) but hit just four of their 23 attempts from beyond the arc and were just 12-for-31 in the second half … Colorado also had 19 assists, tying their season high in Pac-12 play.

NEXT UP: The Buffs wrap up their home schedule for the season next week with a pair at the Events Center. CU plays host to Cal on Wednesday in a 6 p.m. matchup (Pac-12 Network), then welcomes Stanford to the Events Center on Sunday for a 7 p.m. game (FS1).
"
______________________________________________________________________________________

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2023-24/utah/boxscore/16615

Quotes -

He's literally projected in the first round, dude.

27. Cleveland Cavaliers: Tristan da Silva

• Previous mock draft spot: No. 25
  • School/Team: Colorado
  • Nationality: German/Brazilian
  • Position: SF/PF
  • Size: 6-foot-9, 220 lbs
Positional size, projectable shooting, a high skill level, smart passes and consistent production help create a high floor and sense of safety around Tristan da Silva. The questions ask about how much limited explosion and physicality will limit him inside the arc as a scorer, rebounder and defender. While those questions can make it tough to detect upside, there will be certain teams in the 20s and 30s willing to settle on a high-IQ, 6-foot-9 shotmaker, even if the post offense and drives don’t translate.

I agree with Da Lama, he can get drafted, and he can make a team as a bench player, a G-League guy, but I think he will end up in Europe. He has never shown the killer instinct to be a great NBA player. I hope like hell he gets it, but I think he will slip to the second round once the Combine or Team Visits are done.

I agree with Da Lama, he can get drafted, and he can make a team as a bench player, a G-League guy, but I think he will end up in Europe. He has never shown the killer instinct to be a great NBA player. I hope like hell he gets it, but I think he will slip to the second round once the Combine or Team Visits are done.
Agree but I've been really wrong about NBA prospects before.

Back