What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL on the road at USC (Thursday, 1/12/23, 7:00 PM MT; Pac 12 Network) & #7 UCLA (Saturday, 6:00 PM MT, Fox)

Come on Nik, when the other team gets on a roll you need to call a TO to quell momentum, especially on the road. Not to mention to regroup and calm things down on your own team.
That's one philosophy. If I don't see bad body language and bad defense, I would not call a TO.

It was a 17-0 run, but hey, who's counting
Did you read the post I was responding to?
There was a time out in the middle of that run. The media time out. Do those not count? Do you think during the media time outs the teams just stand on the court and don’t treat it like a called time out?

It's not about breaking a press, we had no issue doing that in many games before. We are just severely outmatched. Everyone who watched this game knows that we were up only because UCLA had cold shooting night. It's not because of our awesome defense (except for LL, he had god level defense today).

When their shot started falling, the game was basically over. You can't win at UCLA with 20+ turnovers. I'm not sure any team in US can.

At the end of the day, we're a flawed team playing at a team I expect to be in at least the Elite 8.

That's one philosophy. If I don't see bad body language and bad defense, I would not call a TO.
A 5 point lead became a 10 point deficit- but heck we still have 3 time outs. At some point a bandaid might be needed to stop the blood flow.

A 5 point lead became a 10 point deficit- but heck we still have 3 time outs. At some point a bandaid might be needed to stop the blood flow.
I'm not disagreeing so much as saying it's not the only way to play it. And the tv timeout was in the middle of the run but did nothing to help.

Did you read the post I was responding to?
There was a time out in the middle of that run. The media time out. Do those not count? Do you think during the media time outs the teams just stand on the court and don’t treat it like a called time out?
Do the TV timeouts come immediately after good / bad plays by our team, or just whenever in the game they come?

We still have 2 timeouts left now, with 1:20 left. Are they going to help now?

When you team on the court has no leadership, they aren't going to self correct mid game.

We turned a 9 pt lead, with 10 mins to go, into a ****ing 20 pt blowout.

I'm not disagreeing so much as saying it's not the only way to play it. And the tv timeout was in the middle of the run but did nothing to help.
It's the exact opposite of the ONLY ****ing way Tad will play it.

Ever.

If you think we lost this game because Tad didn’t call a time out, you are clueless. We’re overmatched, and we’ve turned the ball over 20 times. Had a chance to maybe steal the game because UCLA missed their first 15 3s. UCLA turned on the defense, we didn’t respond, and some shots for UCLA started falling.
Jaquez is by a wide margin the best player on the floor, and Bona was the clearly the second best player in the second half.

And we should have won this except out coach refuse to do something every other coach in existence does.

Don't make excuses for this one. Tad blew this.
You think we should have won this? The only way we were winning this was if UCLA stayed ice cold and the refs would have not allowed them to play aggressive defense.

If you think we lost this game because Tad didn’t call a time out, you are clueless. We’re overmatched, and we’ve turned the ball over 20 times. Had a chance to maybe steal the game because UCLA missed their first 15 3s. UCLA turned on the defense, we didn’t respond, and some shots for UCLA started falling.
Jaquez is by a wide margin the best player on the floor, and Bona was the clearly the second best player in the second half.

All of this.

But, we were full on stupid in the second half, too. When a dude has blocked shot after shot, maybe stop going right at him.

You think we should have won this? The only way we were winning this was if UCLA stayed ice cold and the refs would have not allowed them to play aggressive defense.
Refs aren't to blame here, and I'm all for blaming refs.

If UCLA had stayed "ice cold" you'd be lauding or defense and screaming "Tad Ball" from the rooftops!

Blame Tad when it's deserved. He's far from being beyond criticism.

Will be curious to hear if Tad comments on the number of blocks fUCLA had (11), which in addition to the turnovers was a big deal in the L to fUSC.

Cut both of those in half and we are in a much better spot with this game.

I'm frustrated because we put ourselves in position after 30 minutes of basketball. But I knew what we were facing and there's not a lot you can do when a team like that smells blood in the water.

The USC game is the one that pissed me off. We didn't get fight from the whole team in that one and blew a game we needed. That one, ASU, Cal, Grambling, UMass and Boise State are all games I felt we would have won if everyone had just been focused and playing hard for 40 minutes.

Not calling a TO certainly isn't why we lost but it could have changed the course of the game if called early on enough. Granted, given how the tide changed so drastically it likely wouldn't have mattered

Back