What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL restarts Pac 12 play visiting Stanford (Thursday, 12/29/22, 9:00 PM MT; ESPNU) & Cal (Saturday, 4:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

Can not get outboarded 36-23, let other team shoot 58, and 53.8%, and have only 2 effective players and expect to win. TDS has disappeared the last 2 games after being pretty stellar the prior 4. Only 9 TOs was good. And why wait until the last few minutes to try pressing? We were down 18 freaking points with 2 minutes left. KJ scored our last 8 points (limping), and the last 11 vs Stanford..so clutch.
We scored 20 points the last 2:06, KJ scored 16 of them!

I have said it before, we have KJ and LL, and that's it. 1.5 studs. This team is worse than we thought. Tad either needs to find a way (whatever way it is) to get QA into the line up, or treat this year as the preparation year for 2023. Start cutting time off from players you know you won't keep in the future.

It's okay to have a NIT season, as long as it's beneficial for next season.

I have said it before, we have KJ and LL, and that's it. 1.5 studs. This team is worse than we thought. Tad either needs to find a way (whatever way it is) to get QA into the line up, or treat this year as the preparation year for 2023. Start cutting time off from players you know you won't keep in the future.

It's okay to have a NIT season, as long as it's beneficial for next season.
LL as in hands of stone got no game Lovering? I'll agree this team isn't anywhere near as good as what was hyped/hoped for.
There are some ballers on this team when they're on they're fun to watch but for some weird reason they always seem to play down to the opposition.

LL as in hands of stone got no game Lovering? I'll agree this team isn't anywhere near as good as what was hyped/hoped for.
There are some ballers on this team when they're on they're fun to watch but for some weird reason they always seem to play down to the opposition.
That's why I said 1.5 studs. LL counts as 0.5

FT shooting is abhorrent and on the coaches.
FT shooting is 100% entirely on the players. Two years ago we had one of the best FT shooting teams in NCAA history. Do you think the coaching staff had some magic FT shooting coaching strategy two years ago, and decided to not use it any more? Two years ago FT shooting was entirely on the players, this year FT shooting is entirely on the players.

Last edited:
This is a terrible loss, that I admittedly saw zero minutes of. It shouldn’t happen, this team just isn’t very good. But it’s hilarious the same clowns come out after every bad loss and say “I told you so”. No you didn’t. Go away again when we go on another winning streak, but this time never come back.

This reminds me of the year we had Derrick White. We were supposedly “loaded” and the year was a huge disappointment. Chemistry is always huge and I’m really not sure who needs to go. I just can’t seem to put my finger on it, but it’s eerily similar to a few years ago…

FT shooting is 100% entirely on the players. Two years ago we had one of the best FT shooting teams in NCAA history. Do you think the coaching staff had some magic FT shooting coaching strategy two years ago, and decided to not use it any more? Two years ago FT shooting was entirely on the players, this year FT shooting is entirely on the players.
Yep. In case anyone is unaware, Tad's policy has always been that they don't spend practice time on free throws. His expectation is that players will work on FTs on their own time by getting into the gym.

Just hoping Quincy Allen will get minutes now. Clearly, we don’t know the extent of why he isn’t playing (we’ve heard some things, defense, mental understanding, etc). But if that is what it is, seems like we can just give it a go with some bigger minutes now just to see (unless he’s not showing up for practice or something else inexcusable). At least then if he’s awful we can all chill. Getting game experience can perhaps help him. But he might be a spark…

As I write this I realize that’s coming from a fan perspective. I trust Tad to play the kids that deserve it and will best help us win.

Would love to see Quincy Allen play to his potential though.

Yep. In case anyone is unaware, Tad's policy has always been that they don't spend practice time on free throws. His expectation is that players will work on FTs on their own time by getting into the gym.
That's my point. Maybe there should actually be designated time to practice, coach up and refine shooting technique? Scream in their ears as they shoot, blare music or crowd noise or, as many coaches have done thoroughout history, employ a reward/punishment system at practice.

If it's hurting the team and needs to be addressed, change your coaching philosophy.

That's my point. Maybe there should actually be designated time to practice, coach up and refine shooting technique? Scream in their ears as they shoot, blare music or crowd noise or, as many coaches have done thoroughout history, employ a reward/punishment system at practice.

If it's hurting the team and needs to be addressed, change your coaching philosophy.
Hell no. For the folks in the back: HELL NO!

Practice time is limited. If a guy's not in the gym on his own taking hundreds of shots a day, that's on him. I'd want to strangle Tad if he dedicated practice time to free throws. This isn't youth basketball.

Hell no. For the folks in the back: HELL NO!

Practice time is limited. If a guy's not in the gym on his own taking hundreds of shots a day, that's on him. I'd want to strangle Tad if he dedicated practice time to free throws. This isn't youth basketball.
2 years ago, with no practice time, no special coaching, the Buffs shot about 82%, 2nd in the nation (after leading for most of the year).

Back