What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Games thread- MEN'S BBALL restarts Pac 12 play visiting Stanford (Thursday, 12/29/22, 9:00 PM MT; ESPNU) & Cal (Saturday, 4:00 PM MT, Pac 12 Network)

First timeout.

Down 21, with 6 minutes left in the ****ing game.

Genius - pure ****ing perfection of a game call.

There's nothing that can stop us now, we still have 2 ****ing timeouts left!

Love Tad, but between this last offseason and this season thus far, this is his worst coaching job to date.

Realistic, our goal now is to get into NIT and hopefully make a run, and get ready for next year. Tad needs to make some hard decisions about some guys in this team.

This is a long time pattern with Tad Boyle teams … 1-2 good offensive players and then a whole slew of middling guys that might occasionally have a decent game but for the most part, put ZERO pressure on the defense. The Ivy transfers have basically been whiffs. Lovering has zero low post skill. O’Brien and Clifford are good D2 players. Hadley shows the difference between Juco stardom and P12 mediocrity.

This is a long time pattern with Tad Boyle teams … 1-2 good offensive players and then a whole slew of middling guys that might occasionally have a decent game but for the most part, put ZERO pressure on the defense. The Ivy transfers have basically been whiffs. Lovering has zero low post skill. O’Brien and Clifford are good D2 players. Hadley shows the difference between Juco stardom and P12 mediocrity.
Can we just start QAllen now? What’s to lose?

Well, we know Tad is moronically stubborn, so what are the chances he starts Clifford in the next game?

Is Gabbidon hurt? Not that he makes any difference as it's been nice to see he and Wright barely playing

2 worst performances of the year being on the road against gambling and cal. This team is dedicated to high variance

ace ventura legs GIF

Even if this team turns it around, minus winning the Pac12, to many bad losses to sniff the NCAA tourney.

When the team has trouble scoring, I would like to see Tad play Allen. Granted he doesn't understand how to play defense yet, but he will get buckets

Another sparse crowd and another terrible loss. Energy in the 1st half sucked. Coach has to get them ready!!! Defense totally stunk! Effort on the boards sucked. Shooting sucked!!! The Refs sucked. Ruffin needs to start. Clifford needs to sit. Who the hell is gonna help KJ!!! TDS cannot take days off!!! Hadley is doing what he can, but our lack of strength and size in the paint is taking its toll. Way too many easy points in the paint.

Another sparse crowd and another terrible loss. Energy in the 1st half sucked. Coach has to get them ready!!! Defense totally stunk! Effort on the boards sucked. Shooting sucked!!! The Refs sucked. Ruffin needs to start. Clifford needs to sit. Who the hell is gonna help KJ!!! TDS cannot take days off!!! Hadley is doing what he can, but our lack of strength and size in the paint is taking its toll. Way too many easy points in the paint.
It's New Year's Eve, students are not on campus, it's Berkeley, and both teams stink, especially the home team. Not sure why you would expect anything other than an empty arena.

How does this loss not raise the question if the right leader is in place? I don't know, but if I just lost to a 1 and 13 team -- whose only victory was over UT Arlington before you brought your classically ill-prepared team to the gym -- I'd be worried someone might actually be asking that question above my pay grade.

However, with an AD like Rick George, it’s a non-issue.

• Unlike
Reactions: DBT
How does this loss not raise the question if the right leader is in place? I don't know, but if I just lost to a 1 and 13 team -- whose only victory was over UT Arlington before you brought your classically ill-prepared team to the gym -- I'd be worried someone might actually be asking that question above my pay grade.

Lol

Can not get outboarded 36-23, let other team shoot 58, and 53.8%, and have only 2 effective players and expect to win. TDS has disappeared the last 2 games after being pretty stellar the prior 4. Only 9 TOs was good. And why wait until the last few minutes to try pressing? We were down 18 freaking points with 2 minutes left. KJ scored our last 8 points (limping), and the last 11 vs Stanford..so clutch.

I said it in this thread and I’ve said it a couple times this year - I love Tad, but his coaching going back to the off-season through now has been head scratching at best and horrendous at worst. I’m not going to harp on the TO thing like others, but it is a good question. FT shooting is abhorrent and on the coaches. The Ivy boys suck, and his undying loyalty to certain players has become a real problem. I’m also starting to consider the possibility that the Quincy Allen situation may not be all on Quincy. Troubling times.

idot alert

Well, we know Tad is moronically stubborn, so what are the chances he starts Clifford in the next game?

Is Gabbidon hurt? Not that he makes any difference as it's been nice to see he and Wright barely playing
Nique will apparently start every game until he graduates or transfers. Shouldn't even be on the court, but I guess if your parents come to every game, you get to start. Dude is ****ing worthless on O, and barely, BARELY functional on D.

As vocally critical of I am of Tad on certain issues, even I will call out this moronic take.

Tad has rook to improve, and really needs to change certain factors in his game call (hello timeouts?) and should really look at who he starts / play, you should really have your head examined if you think we should get rid of him

Last edited:
Back