What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GoatNation is hilarious....

I think the dislike on here for this game went up EXPONENTIALLY when we changed leagues. We've got three OOC slots, and we don't need to be wasting one of those a year on them. They can have a decent season-they'll lose to Alabama by 70, Hawaii, and either Boise or Wyoming....still 8-4.....which gets them......a return trip to the Potato Bowl?
Nik pointed it out before, but they can go 11 - 2 and their best bowl is the Las Vegas bowl.

Nik pointed it out before, but they can go 11 - 2 and their best bowl is the Las Vegas bowl.

True. I don't think they're that good, and pegged them at 7-8 wins coming in. USF far and away is the favorite for that G5 NY6 spot.

Well then I had to go look.

So, let me get this straight. We suck. The Pac-12 is weak. But, they lost to us, and the big P5 win they had last week was over a team from the Pac-12. How do they not understand that their argument makes them look worse?
snake.jpg

CU was the better team, but those calls were horrible. people here would be screaming and cursing if the Buffs got screwed that way

And we have been screwed that way, and will again. Every team does at some point, and according to their respective fans, it happens a lot.

Last night I posted a picture on FB with all my boys sitting on the couch watching the game with me.
Realized it was the last time I would have all three under the same roof as kids watching the season opener (twins are seniors.)
Anyway, twins were born in 2000, and have grown up as avid fans during one of the darkest periods in CU football history.
For s hits and giggles, I went back to see what the series record was during that span.

CU 12-6 vs. the sheep during that time.

What a sad little ag school they are.

It is so simple, yet they are blinded by it all. Yup, there were some bad calls, but good teams overcome bad calls. Did they forget OSU was robbed of a touchdown last week? In the end, you're playing a league up. Your facilities, recruiting classes, and usual competition are a step behind. You overcome that with extra effort or a little luck. You had neither last night. Cry about officiating all you want but you were physically outplayed either way. Better athletes did more than your team. Stop the lamb nation lamentations. Put your big boy pants on today and move on.

I think they are going overboard, but they have some legit gripes on those calls. They did have a pretty effect on the game? Enough to win? I do no think so.

Pac-12 officiating continues to be really really bad. That's not good.

A bad OPI call directly cost them a TD. Two others probably cost them at least 3 more points. They have a legit gripe on the calls, but CU also wouldn't have played so conservatively had they scored. The entire game would have changed, and it's impossible to say how it would have affected the outcome.

I agree.

I just think the downplaying of the calls is pretty funny because this board has gone stupid over far less egregious calls.

I agree.

I just think the downplaying of the calls is pretty funny because this board has gone stupid over far less egregious calls.
Yep. They were bad calls that had a direct impact on the game. Part of the reason I wish CU had punched it in a few more times, to lessen the crying. We would be furious if it happened to us, although, I'd like to think we'd also come to our senses and say we deserved to lose if we only put up 3 points and penalties only cost us 7-10 more.

It is so simple, yet they are blinded by it all. Yup, there were some bad calls, but good teams overcome bad calls. Did they forget OSU was robbed of a touchdown last week? In the end, you're playing a league up. Your facilities, recruiting classes, and usual competition are a step behind. You overcome that with extra effort or a little luck. You had neither last night. Cry about officiating all you want but you were physically outplayed either way. Better athletes did more than your team. Stop the lamb nation lamentations. Put your big boy pants on today and move on.
Agreed, also nice screen name, original.

I think the dislike on here for this game went up EXPONENTIALLY when we changed leagues. We've got three OOC slots, and we don't need to be wasting one of those a year on them. They can have a decent season-they'll lose to Alabama by 70, Hawaii, Air Force, and either Boise or Wyoming....still 7-5.....which gets them......a return trip to the Potato Bowl?
That's the main thing. When we were playing 8 conference games, it was pretty easy to fit CSU into the schedule. 4H/ 4A in conference play. Then a CSU neutral. With 3 slots left after that, it was then 1 cupcake paid to play at Folsom and then 2 home/away programs that were interesting opponents. The RMS worked well with an 8-game conference schedule. With 9 conference games it destroys the schedule flexibility and severely reduces the number of interesting opponents, particularly if the RMS is a neutral site game.

How quickly Ram fans forget about the TD the Refs took away from OSU a week ago. An obvious call, that even after replay wasn't changed.

Although the score was much more lopsided, that call ultimately changed the entire complexion of the game going to half time.

i agree with saban--- p5 teams should only play other p5 teams in the ooc slate. that would fix a lot of problems with these patsy games.

i agree with saban--- p5 teams should only play other p5 teams in the ooc slate. that would fix a lot of problems with these patsy games.
I also agree with that. It's heading that direction. As a fan, I'd love it if the worst game on the schedule this week was Washington at Rutgers. That's a huge increase to entertainment value.

Back