What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

GoatNation is hilarious....

I don't know what's worse, his one off karma comment about Mac, or that this moron thinks taking legal action would amount to anything and anybody outside of CSU fan cares one bit. Then there's his assertion that winning that game would somehow get them an invite to P5. What a ****ing delusional loser.

I thought that was the standard definition of a CSU fan. He just took it further than their normal stammering idiotic complaining.

We are the best school in the state, the best school in the Rocky Mountain region, and one of the best in the entire west.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Let's see - off the top of my head:

Better schools in the state:

CU (obviously)
AFA
Mines
DU
probably CC

Better schools in the region:

UU
BYU
That may be it (I don't know much about UNM or Wyoming or schools in Montana and Idaho).

Better schools in the West:

off the top of my head:

USC
UCLA
Furd
Cal
UO
UW
Cal Tech
Cal Poly
San Diego
Pepperdine
Claremont
USF
UCSF
Santa Clara
Loyola
Gonzaga

There's probably a lot more out west, I just can't think of them all.

Truly delusional if he believes that. This is another thing Ram fan doesn't get. CSU will never get a P5 invite because it is not an academic fit. They can point to OSU and WSU, but those schools received invites in a different time and now have decades of P5 goodwill.

Truly delusional if he believes that. This is another thing Ram fan doesn't get. CSU will never get a P5 invite because it is not an academic fit. They can point to OSU and WSU, but those schools received invites in a different time and now have decades of P5 goodwill.

Academic fit doesn't matter. May be an issue for the PAC but you think the B12 gives a rat about academic fit? Honestly they are a better school academically than multiple current P5 schools. Is KjSU better, Okie Lite, are all the Texas P5 schools better? They aren't Texas but Tech and Baylor aren't academic powerhouses.

What they are is not even close to a financial fit and that is what matters. They have many recent years averaging at slightly above or even slightly below 20k home attendance. They don't travel well. Bigger issue is they don't drive TV ratings. They have been in some of the lowest TV rating bowls in recent years (not even counting the one that didn't have a national network slot. Simply put people don't pay to see them and people don't bother to turn on the TV to watch them.

There is not a P5 conference out there that wants to give them a share of their media revenue in exchange for the value they bring.

Academic fit doesn't matter. May be an issue for the PAC but you think the B12 gives a rat about academic fit? Honestly they are a better school academically than multiple current P5 schools. Is KjSU better, Okie Lite, are all the Texas P5 schools better? They aren't Texas but Tech and Baylor aren't academic powerhouses.

What they are is not even close to a financial fit and that is what matters. They have many recent years averaging at slightly above or even slightly below 20k home attendance. They don't travel well. Bigger issue is they don't drive TV ratings. They have been in some of the lowest TV rating bowls in recent years (not even counting the one that didn't have a national network slot. Simply put people don't pay to see them and people don't bother to turn on the TV to watch them.

There is not a P5 conference out there that wants to give them a share of their media revenue in exchange for the value they bring.

Sorry, my post did not include my assumption that the Big XII will not exist five years from now. I'd also argue that non-Colorado employers view a degree from any of the Big XII schools at least as if not more favorably than a degree from CSU.

CSU is a fine school. It is not the research institution that usually garners interest from the PAC-12 or the Big 10. For example, every school in those two conferences, except OSU and WSU, has a law school and a medical school. This doesn't mean that an institution must have both or even one to be considered. What it does show, however, is that a certain breadth of resources is required to be seriously considered for an invite to these conferences. CSU doesn't have those resources.

CSU has a fine veterinarian school, one of the tops in the country. In fact enough to encourage my daughter to go there because she wants to be a vet.
Great school for that. I'd say that CSU is one of the best Agg schools in the nation. While that's not exactly a peer fit for the Pac-12, it's certainly something to be proud of. I can see why the Big 12 makes so much sense to their fans with KSU and OSU in that conference. They're very similar and the state of Colorado has about 5.5M population compared to about 3.9M for Oklahoma and 2.9M for Kansas. Or even though Iowa State is an AAU member and not in the same academic class, from a population standpoint Iowa has only 3.1M people. Seems like which schools are P5 versus G5 is more determined by decisions that were made 75 years ago than by what is relevant today.

Great school for that. I'd say that CSU is one of the best Agg schools in the nation. While that's not exactly a peer fit for the Pac-12, it's certainly something to be proud of. I can see why the Big 12 makes so much sense to their fans with KSU and OSU in that conference. They're very similar and the state of Colorado has about 5.5M population compared to about 3.9M for Oklahoma and 2.9M for Kansas. Or even though Iowa State is an AAU member and not in the same academic class, from a population standpoint Iowa has only 3.1M people. Seems like which schools are P5 versus G5 is more determined by decisions that were made 75 years ago than by what is relevant today.

That's exactly what happened. It sucks for a school like CSU, but there are plenty of schools in that same boat.

CSU has never been in a good position to go "big time." They just don't have the right fan base. Might make an argument that back when the conferences were settling out who would be included and who wouldn't that DU was actually in a better position than CSU/ In the 1940's and 50's DU played in multiple bowl games and generally had winning records. The rivalry between DU and CU drew more fans and attention that anything involving CSU which at the time couldn't consistently compete with either CU or DU.

DU dropped the program in 1961 when they determined that they didn't want to drop to playing lower level athletics and didn't want to make the financial commitment to staying at the top levels. There are still some prominent DU alums who wish they hadn't made that decision. They believe that the overall status of the university has suffered by not getting the attention that a football program brings.

Can't we just say we ended their p5 hopes? The killing of the dream and the silence of the canon.
Firing that canon during the National Anthem ticked me off. I get the whole "bombs bursting in air" thing, but the effect was more of a distraction than an enhancement. And given that it was the Colorado band playing made it almost seem kind of spiteful.

The CSU staff submitted 25 plays for review. Colorado averages 70 plays per game. So, their staff is asking the PAC 12 to review 1/3 of the game? I wonder if the PAC can bill them for their time?

The CSU staff submitted 25 plays for review. Colorado averages 70 plays per game. So, their staff is asking the PAC 12 to review 1/3 of the game? I wonder if the PAC can bill them for their time?
Maybe they were kind enough to include footage of the no-call on the late hit out of bounds on Montez, and maybe the chop block on Moeller? Or maybe they wanted to submit a bunch of other video in which CSU receivers jostled with defenders, so they can help establish a pattern? I don't know.

I look forward to the admission of guilt and apology from the Larry Scott.

I would review every one of them very carefully, note and apologize for every single uncalled penalty against CSU.

Play 1:
The officials missed 3 penalties on this play, #xx for CSU, holding, #yy for CSU, holding, #zz for CSU illegal contact down field. We apologize for these oversights.

Play 2:
The officials missed 2 penalties on this play. #xx for CSU lined up offsides, #yy for CSU, holding. We apologize for not flagging these during the game.

Etc, etc.

You never want your players nitpicked for penalties on film, this seems like what they are inviting on themselves.

But schadenfreude tears are so delicious, especially from those douchbags.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Let's do a Go Fund Me to gather funds needed to delegitimize the game

via a collage of videos of each poor call, with commentary from NFL & NCAA refs who can objectively discuss the errors of each call made, plus the calls the P 12 rescued failed to make that should have gone for the Rams!

Then send this slick video collage with objective assessments from expert ref's, to all the local and national sports news outlets. Then request bro hard and other local riders to write the fax as they exist.

Our rooms were robbed... Another 5th down situation for the pathetic buffalos!
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
If they start a GoFundMe I'm in for $17.03

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
If they start a GoFundMe I'm in for $17.03
I understood the number, but I was like "why would you give them a single nickel?"

Then I realized that they would use the money to make themselves look even more idiotic.

Yeah, I'd pay $17.03 to watch them look ridiculous.

Just saw an article from that paper that can't spell in FoCo linked on facebook. The writer has this gem "questionable hands to the face." Jesus if an obvious call like hands to the face where the defender's head is bent back, what call wouldn't be questionable. Never seen a bunch so fixated on one game where in the grand scheme of how their season goes means squat. One guy had had the audacity to say get over it, wrong thing to say to the lambs.

Just saw an article from that paper that can't spell in FoCo linked on facebook. The writer has this gem "questionable hands to the face." Jesus if an obvious call like hands to the face where the defender's head is bent back, what call wouldn't be questionable. Never seen a bunch so fixated on one game where in the grand scheme of how their season goes means squat. One guy had had the audacity to say get over it, wrong thing to say to the lambs.
It's like dealing with children. And not the good ones.

I have two recommendations for legal counsel for the Lammie fans to help them with their impending lawsuit.

The first is obviously Lionel Hutz. He would definitely take the case.

The second is Frank "The Strong-arm" Azar. This really is a personal injury case rather than a fraud or collusion case so I think that the Strong-arm could help the Lammies there.

Back