What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Good luck to Darrell Scott

Hate to bring us back on topic and all, but can we find out what this guy (Darrell Scott) is planning to do?

If he's choosing to sit out the spring, and then transfer, I don't see how that makes sense. Does he hate practice and thus figures he can skip a spring session that way? Are the rumors true that he arrived to both fall camps out of shape and is currently further out of shape? Does he care?

Is it possible that he's still on scholly here until the end of spring and thus he's just playing it smart?

Hate to bring us back on topic and all, but can we find out what this guy (Darrell Scott) is planning to do?

If he's choosing to sit out the spring, and then transfer, I don't see how that makes sense. Does he hate practice and thus figures he can skip a spring session that way? Are the rumors true that he arrived to both fall camps out of shape and is currently further out of shape? Does he care?

Is it possible that he's still on scholly here until the end of spring and thus he's just playing it smart?

I think he might have the Ricky Williams syndrome. But replace the weed with estrogen.

He is not coming back it would appear. He would have to use his redshirt year to transfer, so missing a semester wouldn't hurt him much (considering he grades were OK). Would be surprised if he came back to CU now. I was one of the hoards that thought Scott would do great things at CU - still have a glimmer of hope, but that fading fast.

He is not coming back it would appear. He would have to use his redshirt year to transfer, so missing a semester wouldn't hurt him much (considering he grades were OK). Would be surprised if he came back to CU now. I was one of the hoards that thought Scott would do great things at CU - still have a glimmer of hope, but that fading fast.

Anywhere he goes he might be behind academically if he misses a semester. You can use a RS, but the NCAA has guidelines for credits earned towards graduation every year. I would hate for DS to lose eligibility, but I guess he does still have 3 to play 2. Whomever is giving him advice is giving him poor advice. The guy needs to move on (or come back) asap.

yeah yeah yeah, good luck darell but wherever you go if you go down on the first hit and you never make anyone miss you won't play

No insight here, but I just have a sick feeling he ends up at CSU

And in three years, in his opportunity to win the game, on a fourth and goal from the two as time expires, Ray Polk would rip his head off in the backfield to seal a CU victory. It's not personal, I really like DS and wish he would stay at CU. But there's an historical precedent to consider here.

I just can't help but to believe that Darrel made a huge mistake and probably realized it after it was too late.

Yep. Here's my understanding I've gathered from various places. DS decided to transfer thinking programs would be lining up to sign him... that was not the case. He waited for a school to come along.... which was U of A. Everything seemed set in stone... even as far as packing his bags to leave... but something happened at the last moment. He is currently living in CO (not Boulder) with his girlfriend waiting it out. Odd situation

if someone would have told me two years ago this would happen, i would have laughed my ass off. pretty sad.

Yep. Here's my understanding I've gathered from various places. DS decided to transfer thinking programs would be lining up to sign him... that was not the case. He waited for a school to come along.... which was U of A. Everything seemed set in stone... even as far as packing his bags to leave... but something happened at the last moment. He is currently living in CO (not Boulder) with his girlfriend waiting it out. Odd situation
Man, I honestly feel really badly for him and, especially, his mom. This has just turned into a nightmare for them, I'd bet. Honestly, I was pretty pissed at him when he did this, but now all I can do is feel badly for him. I'd like to see someone pick him up since I just cannot see him coming back here.

Last edited:
Slicer - I have some information that is slightly contrary in one regard to what you've pieced together.

In the same conversation (I could only hear one side belonging to a very deep voice) that I overheard at the MBB that I previously posted regarding Zion Babb's transfer here, I also heard "UCLA didn't want him and UofA didn't want him either, so now what's he going to do?"

This was on 12/22/09. The source of this information was a VERY high ranking official in the AD talking to Robert Tucker, director of football operations. Tucker's side of the convo was too quiet to be heard.

So if he was packing his bag to head to UofA, it was either the Univ of Auburn, or he was going to walk-on at UofA - or the very high placed AD employee with a very deep voice was clueless.

Another point to add:
I believe that his athletic scholarship at CU would have had to be honored for the full academic year by contract. If he's not taking advantage of that, he's neddlessly falling behind on academic progress and digging a hole. He's used up his JuCo eligibility so that is a non option.

Thanks, guys.

On honoring DS's scholarship, wouldn't that depend on whether he filed for and was granted a release from said scholarship so he could transfer? Word was that he had done so.

I haven't been keeping up on this stuff as much lately since I've become more apathetic to the "program" and accepted the fact that the immediate future of CU Football looks bleak... But from what I've gleaned from this thread, it looks like Darrell is no longer playing football or attending college - anywhere... There has been no clear indications that he plans to return to either. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

If so, this is very sad news. I feel bad for the kid and his family. So much potential utterly wasted.

Last edited:

I wonder if Greg Brown going to AZ had anything to do with them dropping their interest?

Back