What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the next commit - June 22nd edition (Heston Paige)

I hope you guys realize that the position coach doesn't automatically recruit that position. There are many many cases where you have a coach recruiting a different position from what they specifically coach. It is more about region. You have a coach who has great relationships with the high schools in a certain area and they recruit the best kids regardless of position. One example that comes to mind is Jim Jeffcoat found and recruited Steven Montez. Point being if we don't get quality o-lineman Adams is not to blame.

I hope you guys realize that the position coach doesn't automatically recruit that position. There are many many cases where you have a coach recruiting a different position from what they specifically coach. It is more about region. You have a coach who has great relationships with the high schools in a certain area and they recruit the best kids regardless of position. One example that comes to mind is Jim Jeffcoat found and recruited Steven Montez. Point being if we don't get quality o-lineman Adams is not to blame.

Chev changed this. Each assistant has a specific geography. Within that geography, they identify the targets and build the initial relationships. But Chev now has the position coach getting involved early in the process for anyone CU wants to offer. Big change in the past year.

Whether we are able to close on OLs this year or not is absolutely on Adams. Same for other position coaches with recruits in their position groups.

I think this was a fantastic change and one of the most important policy/philosophy shifts that Chev has implemented as our recruiting coordinator.

So it's a good sign that Jeffcoat could move up a tier when Rogers mentions him specifically and Ray Lima mentions his history as a player appealing to him? :)

For my guess, I'm gonna be silly again and pick Alex Perry.

An OL or DL. I don't care which one! Where's the beef?
Where's+the+beed+(Gif).gif

I thought we stopped recruiting him?

He attended the NorCal camp and something changed.

fwiw, the reason I mentioned Thomas above is because he liked my tweet about Buff fans staying tuned for a commitment. Surprised me a little bit.

Back