What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Happy Football Season!!! (Official Camp Thread)

Today is a team day off. Here's the camp schedule of key dates. If a day isn't listed, it pretty much means meeting, practice, meeting for that day (the normal schedule).

August 2 - Day Off
August 3 - 1st Day in Full Pads
August 5 - Scrimmage (Open to Public 10:00-12:30)
August 6 - Day Off
August 12 - Scrimmage (Closed to Public)
August 13 - Day Off
August 18 - Team Photos / Scrimmage (Closed to Public - at 6pm to acclimate to RMS kickoff)
August 20 - Day Off (Freshmen move into dorms)
August 22 - Media Day (regular practices with a media schedule of MM at 12:15, Assistants from 12:45-1:30, Players from 12:45-2:00)
August 25 - Kickoff Luncheon at 11:30 (team practices at 6pm)
August 26 - Practice Open to Students Only (10:05-11:45)
August 27 - Day Off (AD's welcome picnic - private event)
August 28 - 1st Day of Classes / Game Week practice schedule
August 29 - MM Media Luncheon at 11:30
August 31 - MM Radio Show (Fate Brewing 12:30-1:30)

(Copying this into OP also)

Has anyone heard about Edwards or seen him any of the films?
Heard him mentioned once or twice. Mac said he is moving around much better than he was in the spring. Sounds like summer conditioning did its job. No idea if he is pushing for a starting job or not.

Keep conditioning if you're Edwards. The more he does, the more snaps he'll get. I sure as hell don't want it to be like the Broncos first SB win situation with Gilbert Brown. Third quarter, that poor dude could hardly get up off the field. TD went off too. With the pace of offenses nowadays, that worries me some.

I think we'll see a pretty frequent rotation with Javier to keep him as fresh as possible, especially against the Spread teams we play. Against Washington and USC, however, they're going to need him on a field a lot. Hopefully he's up for it.

I think we'll see a pretty frequent rotation with Javier to keep him as fresh as possible, especially against the Spread teams we play. Against Washington and USC, however, they're going to need him on a field a lot. Hopefully he's up for it.
I don't think there is a choice but to do exactly that.

hmm. So, the TE is going to remain out of this offense for the foreseeable future. Oh well.

The ideal situation is one where we can rotate backs enough to keep them fresh, but not too much that they can't find a good rhythm.

That said, I don't recall Lindsay ever having issues of running out of gas last year, so it may be a moot point.

Difference with Coleman, thankfully, is that we know the O-Line he's facing is a good one. This ain't intramurals, brother.
Plus, the only players HCMM has hyped, even tepidly, that haven't turned out to be good are kickers. He hasn't said good things about someone and then had them not produce. Remember everyone dissing the Olugbode hype? Dude played great, and is now getting a cup of coffee in the nFL

The ideal situation is one where we can rotate backs enough to keep them fresh, but not too much that they can't find a good rhythm.

That said, I don't recall Lindsay ever having issues of running out of gas last year, so it may be a moot point.

I don't see Lindsay not getting the majority of the snaps and carries.

If, and big if based on history, Adkins can stay healthy he would be a great complimentary back to Linsay. If a defense lets up because Lindsay isn't in the game Adkins can take it to the house. He isn't the type who can wear down a defense but he can do some damage with a limited number of carries a game.

I'm as excited as anybody about the season and I love hearing about what's going on behind the curtain but they haven't even really put pads on yet. When the pads go on and they start thumping, I'll pay more attention to who's getting positive mention from the coaches.

Coleman may turn out to be a superstar. That's not really the point. Every year, we hear about some guy (usually a defensive lineman) who is just tearing it up. This goes back to the now famous Conrad Obi who was, not for one year but two, the next coming of Reggie White. Unblockable!!!! So now I pay particular attention to each years version of Conrad Obi. Last year it was Tupou.

Coleman may turn out to be a superstar. That's not really the point. Every year, we hear about some guy (usually a defensive lineman) who is just tearing it up. This goes back to the now famous Conrad Obi who was, not for one year but two, the next coming of Reggie White. Unblockable!!!! So now I pay particular attention to each years version of Conrad Obi. Last year it was Tupou.
But you're using something said by Hawkins and/or Embree against a coach & staff that knows what they're doing.

who was unblockable last year?

Tupou killed it last year so what are you talking about?

Jesus Christ, you people are dense. IT DOESNT MATTER IF THE GUY TURNS OUT TO BE AWESOME!

We get it every year. That's the point. Sometimes the guy is great. Sometimes not. But we get it every year. There's ALWAYS somebody who is just going to be fantastic. That guy is Conrad Obi.

Lindsay will be the primary back like he was last year...why change that when it worked so well? Adkins will be a great backup when Lindsay comes out for a few snaps or Adkins will see the ball more if Lindsay doesn't perform...which I hope never happens.

Back