What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Here's Reality at CU for a Football Coach

you must have missed it...Remeber? It is the lack of water and we don't have enough chairs

Haha, forgot those mega issues. But honestly I really would like an explanation. Does it have to do with making recruits first Colorado exprriece be a drive through ****** commerce city, the lack of a general studies major that does or some other issue. I am being tired of being told "you don't know how unique the problems we face are."

Bolded is false, and Klatt knows it. We had multiple people post that morning about what the situation was. AD VOLUNTEERS, not coaches, checked on kids. One was even mentioned by name.

I was in history class at CU a couple of years ago and a guy literally walked in in the middle of class to make sure the football guys were there. He definitely wasn't a coach.

It's the Flatirons, these uniquely distinctive rock faces create such a distraction that it hamstrings the program.

I do wonder, sometimes, if there aren't unique challenges at CU. Seriously.

Hawkins routinely built better teams at Boise State that he could here. You can point to the Peterson factor, but we routinely say on this board that head coaches have ultimate accountability, regardless who their assistants might be. You can't have it both ways.

I think we can see that GB was derailed by scandal and subsequent recruiting challenges. He enjoyed a good 2001 season. Could he have taken Northwestern to a higher level than he did CU? It's worth considering.

The Weasel sucked uniformly wherever he went, so that data point is irrelevant and we have nothing else by which to compare Coach Embree's performance.

I'm not suggesting there is anything insurmountable, but I'm wondering what unique challenges we really do have (inner-workings of our department, relationship with admin, culture of professors??? I'm just spit-balling here, I don't have any insights).

We've won past decades, but was it in a different environment?

I still think this topic is worthy of discussion at least.

Back