What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Hirschman to start next week?

1. Burn Tyler Hansen's redshirt repeatedly
  2. Take Nick Hirschman over Jordan Wynn
  3. Miss on Kain Coulter
  4. Fail to keep Munchie Legauex committed
  5. Panic-sign some QBs
  6. Miss on Cyler Miles
  7. Panic-sign more QBs
  8. ...
  9. Profit

Seriously, if Dillon isn't the answer (and I have great hope that he is) this is about to get more ugly.

I'm now going to go puke.
really nice break down...now I am going to go puke

Last edited:
Eventhough Hirsch is a statue back there, I'd rather see him play than Webb. Never know maybe he'll understand you can't hold the ball on a 3 step drop, Webb didn't get that memo.

The fact that he can actually throw a pass more than 15 yards with some velocity may help open up the offense. Webb posed no real threat of throwing the ball over the top of the defense. Even though we lack speed on the outside without PRich we have enough talent to hit a few over the top. Forcing the safeties and LBs back a few yards could make a significant difference in the running game and in opening up the shorter routes.

Even if DII Danny had offered Klein, and he came to CU, he would have magically developed TE skills, just like every other QB who was a threat to Prince Cody's throne....

No inside info here, but I am getting the sense that the coaches have convinced themselves they can win this week with our journeyman QB and do not want to rock the boat and potentially have turnovers with Hirschman. Look for Webb to start and Hirschman only to come in if he struggles badly.

No inside info here, but I am getting the sense that the coaches have convinced themselves they can win this week with our journeyman QB and do not want to rock the boat and potentially have turnovers with Hirschman. Look for Webb to start and Hirschman only to come in when he struggles badly.

fify

Rocking the boat isn't an issue when the water is already hitting the stacks. Another debacle coming.

Stanford still has a load of talent on defense. Webb can't throw intermediate or long well enough to force them to respect that element of the game so the line is going to be stacked up. Get ready for another frustrating day for the Buffs offense.

There is a new excuse every week on why we can't do a qb change. Let's just rip off the band aid and see what happens.

Embree, I may have to call you an idiot. I'm sort of running out of patience.

Embree, I may have to call you an idiot. I'm sort of running out of patience.

Frankly, we have to assume that Wood and Hirschman are out on the practice field lighting their own farts on fire while tripping over each other's dicks every day. We know what we have with Webb, and that is not much. If they can't beat him out, they are either entirely inept, or the coaches are blind fools.

Frankly, we have to assume that Wood and Hirschman are out on the practice field lighting their own farts on fire while tripping over each other's dicks every day. We know what we have with Webb, and that is not much. If they can't beat him out, they are either entirely inept, or the coaches are blind fools.

Hahaha.....ever seen anyone light a fart?

Don't forget about no even offering Klein.

Can people stop with this assumption that Klien was some highly recruited player and that they knew he'd be this good or even close to how good he is? KSjU was his only offer and he can't throw the ball. He'd probably be a TE here anyway or not even see the field.

I am absolutely disgusted that Embree can't pull the plug on Webb. I don't care what Wood and Hirsh do in practice or even what they look like on film after getting a handful of snaps i games that were already out of control.

Webb absolutely sucks-he proved that at Kansas and is reinforcing it here. Why in the hell can't Embree see the need to change QBs enough to actually do it.

I have lost respect for him this season because despite getting us pumped with the goal of a bowl game this season and then just laying a big *****ing egg the only change he made the whole season was throw a few spread plays in and allow EB to go to field level.

He is not acting like someone on the hot seat-maybe he knows he is not, but any good coach would have made major changes including addressing failures in the coaching staff, making major (not cosmetic) changes to the offense and switching QBs.

I am really just shocked right now.

He is not acting like someone on the hot seat-maybe he knows he is not, but any good coach would have made major changes including addressing failures in the coaching staff, making major (not cosmetic) changes to the offense and switching QBs.

Bingo!! What coach wouldn't want to come here? The pitch to a top coach would sound like, "There is no pressure here. You only have to win a few games every year for the next five years. We don't pay as much as Alabama but this will be the easiest paycheck you've ever earned."

I'm almost rooting for Webb to get hurt at this point(It's messed up but the only way anyone else will see the field. IMO he isn't a true CU recruit, he's a Benedict Jayhawk Arnold IMO).

Can people stop with this assumption that Klien was some highly recruited player and that they knew he'd be this good or even close to how good he is? KSjU was his only offer and he can't throw the ball. He'd probably be a TE here anyway or not even see the field.

He can't throw the ball?

Have you checked his stats this year?

Not saying he would be anything at CU, nor that he has any kind of NFL future, but the kid has come a long way and is really playing well this year.

He can't throw the ball?

Have you checked his stats this year?

Not saying he would be anything at CU, nor that he has any kind of NFL future, but the kid has come a long way and is really playing well this year.

He's come a long way yea but he's still not a very good passer. Very tough runner. And out of high school he was not really a passer

I am absolutely disgusted that Embree can't pull the plug on Webb. I don't care what Wood and Hirsh do in practice or even what they look like on film after getting a handful of snaps i games that were already out of control.

Webb absolutely sucks-he proved that at Kansas and is reinforcing it here. Why in the hell can't Embree see the need to change QBs enough to actually do it.

I have lost respect for him this season because despite getting us pumped with the goal of a bowl game this season and then just laying a big *****ing egg the only change he made the whole season was throw a few spread plays in and allow EB to go to field level.

Given the complexities of the prostyle, you can't just switch because the starting QB consumes virtually all of the practice reps in the futile quest of mastering a hypercomplicated O. The backup sprobably truly don't have a grip on the O. But I agree, Embo stubbornly holds on, just like GB and JK...another prostyle CFB attempt that met with only moderate success. Moderate success would be heaven right now. I am fully prepared for another butt kicking of the Buffs tomorrow.

He's come a long way yea but he's still not a very good passer. Very tough runner. And out of high school he was not really a passer

Completes 71% of his passes.
#2 QB rating in all of FBS.
Averages almost 10 yards per pass attempt.
12 TD's. 2 INT's. 0 INT's in conference play.

Thank goodness he's got 16 rushing TD's to pad his stats!

No inside info here, but I am getting the sense that the coaches have convinced themselves they can win this week with our journeyman QB and do not want to rock the boat and potentially have turnovers with Hirschman. Look for Webb to start and Hirschman only to come in if he struggles badly.

I wish I got this feeling about all the games against the spread in my weekly pick'em. I might actually be competitive!

Back