What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How many wins for the Buffs this year?

How many wins?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 5 3.9%

Votes: 18 14.0%

Votes: 38 29.5%

Votes: 45 34.9%

Votes: 13 10.1%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 11+

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters
This is a completely unscientific out of my ass use of percentages to represent my expectations for CU's chances of victory.

CSU - 85% New Coach. Talent advantage.
Sac State - 98% Talent advantage
@ Fresno - 60% BCS v nonBCS talent advantage.
@ WSU - 49% New Coach/System
UCLA - 51% New Coach. Folsom magic. Embree revenge factor
ASU - 51% New Coach. Folsom magic.
@USC - 4% Would have to catch them sleeping
@Oregon - 5% Because USC > O
Stanford - 10% Folsom magic = half of optimism
@Arizona - 49% CU tired of losing. New Coach
UDub - 50% Folsom magic. Inexperienced players now experienced
Utes - 60% Folsom magic. Bowl eligibility on line.

43% = 5.2 wins.

Somebody send this man a dollar. That would make him a paid consultant to Allbuffs. Statistics from a consultant = 95% probability of truth. It's a fact, just ask OMGasm.

While skidmark's post is impressive, I'm troubled by the FACT that 47.2% of all internet statistics are made up.

It works every time. Putting gut feeling based quantification out there is like throwing red meat out for hungry wolves.

Still waiting for the, "but Skid, 5.2?!? How does a team win a fraction of a game?".

It works every time. Putting gut feeling based quantification out there is like throwing red meat out for hungry wolves.

Still waiting for the, "but Skid, 5.2?!? How does a team win a fraction of a game?".

That's easy. We learned it from Dan HaLkins. You win a fraction of a game by being only a few plays away from winning it. Do that enough and you won 10 games without any excuses.

Months ago I guessed 6 and a bowl. But 2 things changed my opinion since then. #1: PRich; #2: I was convinced Wood would emerge as a big-time QB out of Spring. So I went with 5

+1 Major QB concerns, no PRich = 5 wins, maybe less.

That's easy. We learned it from Dan HaLkins. You win a fraction of a game by being only a few plays away from winning it. Do that enough and you won 10 games without any excuses.

Exactly. From a feasibility standpoint, there is not a game on the schedule in which the buffs are mathematically eliminated from victory due to the turn a few key plays. And there are moral victories, too.:bang:

Who knew I was optimistic in last year's poll at 4 wins - going with 5 this year and hope it's not the same ol'.

I would love to hear from the 6 and more win folks what games they consider to be swing games and how many of them the Buffs win. I only see 3 games that I would be disappointed if we lost (non-Conf slate). Then we move into swing games and a few games where a Buff win would be a monumental upset.

Winning more than 5 means winning more than half of the swing games and that goes against the law of averages. Are folks setting themselves up for disappointment?

wazzu is the swing game

Sac st might be a loss as well, the beat Oregon state last year

Not worried about that one. After Montana State, and seeing Sac State beat Oregon state last year will have the buffs in high alert. Plus sacramento state actually sucks pretty bad.

None of you are true Buff fans. 12+ wins. We are the Colorado MothaFukin Buffaloes. We will ****ing Gore you!!!

Without P-rich and questions at qb and te, this is going to be a tough season unless the defense becomes the 85 bears.

Buffs will scratch out 4 wins.

None of you are true Buff fans. 12+ wins. We are the Colorado MothaFukin Buffaloes. We will ****ing Gore you!!!
I'm gonna need you to pay me for use of that trademark. Thanks!

Also, youth is funny. I :congrats: your enthusiasm tho!

4 wins imo.

We'll be rolling with a freshman DL and true freshman littered throughout the secondary.

On offense, we'll be rolling with a ton of true freshman at all of the skill positions and our OL is far from dominant. The only way we'll have solid play from our offense is if Connor Wood is a whole lot better than we are expecting him to be.

4 wins imo.

We'll be rolling with a freshman DL and true freshman littered throughout the secondary.

On offense, we'll be rolling with a ton of true freshman at all of the skill positions and our OL is far from dominant. The only way we'll have solid play from our offense is if Connor Wood is a whole lot better than we are expecting him to be.

How so? We should have Parker, Bonsu, Pericak, and CUD starting along the D-line. Freshman may be in the mix.

How so? We should have Parker, Bonsu, Pericak, and CUD starting along the D-line. Freshman may be in the mix.

I don't think you can reasonably pencil in Bonsu. Due to lingering injuries, he hasn't been a full participant the whole time Embree has been here.

Freshmen will be in the mix, no way around it. At the moment, Pericak is the only dependable 3-down lineman. CUD may get there soon. Bonsu and Parker are both major question marks.

Expect to see Solis, Tupou, and Henington to all play this year. Two of the three will likely see big playing time.

Seven wins. CSU, Sac St, Fresno, Zona, UW, Utah and some crap bull game win. Hopefully this time we wont play a 6 win bama in our crap bowl.

Trying a different approach IMO

It won't

I used to pick with my heart, even in years I knew we really would struggle. I have turned to the dark side and become a pessimist because I'm so damn frustrated with getting my hopes up and them having them crushed every year. I was spoiled when I was raised a buff fan. Missing 1 entire home game (Iowa in 92) from 1988-1999.

I realize this year how young, inexperienced and outmatched we will be talent wise in a lot of games. I want to pick 6 or 7 wins, I really do, but I don't see it. I see another season filled with penalties and growing pains.

I do have hope for our future if we can keep recruiting like we have been, but will that momentum remain after another losing season? We're going on 7 years for crying out loud. I thought I would never see the day!

Back