What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am here to eat crow...

Well until Gonzales rolled his Achilles, you were wrong there too!
You also forgot to mention the Wilson impact on the OL. I still recall the Buffs' Solis last year, admitting he rarely faced a weaker opponent than his own OL teammates.
Finally, you can't ignore Hagan's (and again, Wilson's) impact on Lindsay and Evans. They are much improved and faster, as RBs and blockers. That block that Evans threw into Stanford's Palma on a blitz in the 2nd Qtr. Saturday, was great; seeing as Evans was only giving away 75 lbs. to Palma.

cmon enuf, you can do it. Special teams are a disaster. Say it with me!

I know. Being optimistic sucks

Now, now you guys are being tough on Big Jim when his negativity is just a coping mechanism for all the Buffs woes over the past several years. A number on this board have used this tool to deal with the fact that our team has sucked. Jim just needs a little help from this guy and everything will be fine.

In your opinion, what % of P5 linebackers can consistently shed blocks behind a bad DL and maintain better than half their effectiveness?

I don't have a %, but if fans want to point out a superior LB then point out the guys that can shed and tackle. Gillam his freshman year was that guy. UCLA usually has 2 each season and so on. CU could run just about any LB in the Pac12 behind this DL and the LB would be effective.

Since your primer loves clichés, how about: "Football is all about blocking and tackling." or maybe, "Run the ball; Stop the run and you win football games."

A primer is inanimate, it cannot love. Your cliches work with the current DL that CU puts out on the field. The DB's are very good too.

Well until Gonzales rolled his Achilles, you were wrong there too!

You like to scratch the surface, but show too much laziness and/or ignorance to provide any depth. Gonzales was only 3 of 4 on FG, 2 of 2 from the 20-29, and 1 of 2 from 30-39; not enough information to show any improvement from the previous season in which he was last in the Pac-12 on FG accuracy. Yes, he boomed the kickoffs out of the end zone which was a good improvment, but the current kickers aren't screwing up on kickoffs either.

Back