What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am here to eat crow...

011fb0914975596c8dbb60f12246d9e3.jpg

As far as I can remember.... Liver always picks us to go undefeated.... so he is the closest so far this year....

I had 4 wins, and ive developed many fine crow recipes over the last few weeks. Mmmmmmmm. Buffalo Crow wings are my current favorite.

I said "4 wins, tops". Those that picked 7 wins or more are the same people that picked 7 wins or more every season going back 12 years.

I had no visions of beating UO, ASU, or Stanford.

I was expecting 5 and hoping that we could hold the good start to our recruiting class together.

I think most of us had a good grasp on this season. I also said 5 but most of us mentioned how winning those close games could easily get us to 7-8 wins, we just had no proof they would do that based on the previous two years.

I thought the o line was going to be bad again, and we'd struggle to get six wins. Serve me up some crow.

I was just hoping for 6 W's and any bowl. I'm happy, expectations met. The rest is just gravy from here on out. I'm not still not sure how much I dare to dream.

I thought the senior laden team was good for ~6 wins. Obviously many of us thought Oregon, USC, Michigan, and Stanford to be sure loses. Who knew that O would crater like they have? Or that Furd would have an off year after last season? (Pssst. This is what makes college so much fun! Its unpredictable).

So, we have exceeded my expectations, many heres expectation, if we hit 7 next week.

Everything is Awesome!

I have a post it note at my desk with my preseason prediction. 7-5 with 5-4 conference record. I have hardly been happier than wen I got to cross of the L's I had for Oregon and Stanford and replace them with W's. I will be pissed if I I have to cross off any of the W's

We have a real shot to win 10 this year. I used to get mad when we went 10-2. My how things have changed.

same, I figured we'd be somewhere in the 5 win range. I was really concerned about Sefo not being ready and going down and us not having anything behind him. I also didn't think we'd see a much improved OL with the simple Adams Bernardi swap. I knew we'd have a decent defense, but not winning games 10-5 vs Stanford good.

I was so on it with ST, though!
Well until Gonzales rolled his Achilles, you were wrong there too!
You also forgot to mention the Wilson impact on the OL. I still recall the Buffs' Solis last year, admitting he rarely faced a weaker opponent than his own OL teammates.
Finally, you can't ignore Hagan's (and again, Wilson's) impact on Lindsay and Evans. They are much improved and faster, as RBs and blockers. That block that Evans threw into Stanford's Palma on a blitz in the 2nd Qtr. Saturday, was great; seeing as Evans was only giving away 75 lbs. to Palma.

i was pulling for MM...and kind of a "believer"..... but i was in the 6-7 wins, bowl game....call me "elated" crew.

another 4 win season wouldn't have surprised me. so, serve it up brothers Crow.

I said "4 wins, tops". Those that picked 7 wins or more are the same people that picked 7 wins or more every season going back 12 years.

I had no visions of beating UO, ASU, or Stanford.
Don't beat yourself up so badly ! You have "No vision" at all!
How's your Olugbode critique taste about right now, poseur?

How's your Olugbode critique taste about right now, poseur?

Olugbode is fine when his DL keeps him clean. His DL is the best in the P12. Put him behind a DL that requires him to shed blocks and his effectiveness is halved or worse. I'll give you a primer: Football isn't an individual sport, it is a team sport.

Olugbode is fine when his DL keeps him clean. His DL is the best in the P12. Put him behind a DL that requires him to shed blocks and his effectiveness is halved or worse. I'll give you a primer: Football isn't an individual sport, it is a team sport.
In your opinion, what % of P5 linebackers can consistently shed blocks behind a bad DL and maintain better than half their effectiveness?

Thank you, Captain Obvious! Since your primer loves clichés, how about: "Football is all about blocking and tackling." or maybe, "Run the ball; Stop the run and you win football games."
Your complete shallowness isn't very becoming.

Back