What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I am trying to be patient with Sefo

So you just wanted to troll. You gotta get some new material bitch.

I'm sorry I correctly pointed out Sefo wan't as good as some people on this board were making him out to be. I'm sorry you can't handle being wrong. I'm sorry you know you're wrong so you have to resort to name calling. Hypocrite.

I'm sorry I correctly pointed out Sefo wan't as good as some people on this board were making him out to be. I'm sorry you can't handle being wrong. I'm sorry you know you're wrong so you have to resort to name calling. Hypocrite.

I think Sefo can be a top third of the Pac-12 QB next year.

A lot depends on whether our OL can give him anywhere close to the protection that Solomon enjoys at UA.

A lot depends on whether our OL can give him anywhere close to the protection that Solomon enjoys at UA.

A lot also depends on how you define top third. Could he be in the top third in passing yardage? Yes (I don't think he will, but he could). If he is in the top third in passing yardage, but he is still averaging close to 3 turnovers a conference game, is he really one of the four best QBs in the league? I'd say very likely not.

A lot also depends on how you define top third. Could he be in the top third in passing yardage? Yes (I don't think he will, but he could). If he is in the top third in passing yardage, but he is still averaging close to 3 turnovers a conference game, is he really one of the four best QBs in the league? I'd say very likely not.

If he doesn't take care of the ball better next year, he'll lose his job.

What I mean when I say "top third" is that he'll improve reads to find more big plays and he'll improve his ball security.

Sefo is dependent on the talent around him. That's ok. If he stops throwing ints

I agree but sefo looks down wr way too much, it isn't all on the OL.
I agree but sefo looks down his wr and is to blame also, it isn't all on the OL

Then that's on the coaches. We have had 3 recruiting classes. You know Anu is the same age as Sefo, right?

Anu wasn't great or anything.

In fact, I think if we traded QBs tonight the Buffs would have gotten shredded.

Arizona's got maybe the best OL and WR corp in the Pac-12.

Lindgren covers a lot of deficiencies with scheme and Sefo does a lot with very little around him. Ball security definitely an issue, though.

I don't think we have anything better at the QB position, this year. Saying that, not sure how you can't blame QB play for this lose. No way around it

Lindgren covers a lot of deficiencies with scheme and Sefo does a lot with very little around him. Ball security definitely an issue, though.
Lindgren is the best coach on the staff. Not even close. Not sure I agree about Solomon/Sefo comparison though.

You owe me a new keyboard! What a joke...

That's what will decide whether he's a 4 year starter or not. Probably decides whether MacIntyre makes it to the end of his contract, too.
Mac seems to be more inclined to point a player out for not preforming than a coach, so I think we will see a change here before a coach.

Ok, I'll cede that. But when he had to make a play he did so. Sefo didn't. When he had to run, he ran for 20 yards a pop. Dude is something that Sefo isn't: athletic. Can't teach that, unfortunately.

We need a running QB.

Ok, I'll cede that. But when he had to make a play he did so. Sefo didn't. When he had to run, he ran for 20 yards a pop. Dude is something that Sefo isn't: athletic. Can't teach that, unfortunately.

We need a running QB.

Well, we did try to recruit Solomon. :wink2:

The QBs M2 has recruited (Gehrke, Apsay and Montez) are all a lot more mobile than Sefo. I think it's heading in the direction you want it to with this offense.

Well, we did try to recruit Solomon. :wink2:

The QBs M2 has recruited (Gehrke, Apsay and Montez) are all a lot more mobile than Sefo. I think it's heading in the direction you want it to with this offense.
Everyone wants a mobile, athletic QB, don't they?

So I was all on board with benching Sefo until I saw what Gehrke did with offense.

No likey. I'm assuming he'll probably start against UO, so that'll be disastrous.

So I was all on board with benching Sefo until I saw what Gehrke did with offense.

No likey. I'm assuming he'll probably start against UO, so that'll be disastrous.

Really small sample size. Oregon isn't a great place to break in a new QB either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a running QB.
The running QB is way over played. It won't hide our deficiencies. We just need a good qb. Period

You owe me a new keyboard! What a joke...

Fine ... so while you're buying that new keyboard at Best Buy or wherever ... see if they have a sale on a new brain. You sure as hell need one of those.

If you don't think that Sefo has the potential to be one of the top 3rd of Pac 12 QB's next year, given better coaching, play calling, and pass protection ... then you are the very model of an idot.

Fine ... so while you're buying that new keyboard at Best Buy or wherever ... see if they have a sale on a new brain. You sure as hell need one of those.

If you don't think that Sefo has the potential to be one of the top 3rd of Pac 12 QB's next year, given better coaching, play calling, and pass protection ... then you are the very model of an idot.

I think the potential may be there, but far from a guarantee. Some QBs just don't take care of the football.

Sefo=MM???

Slight improvement over what we've had, but never good enough to get us over the hump

I was waiting for you to play the victim card. You act like a bitch, get called one and then cry out for attention. I didn't know that we needed to you kiddie gloves with you.

Sefo's 9-game streak of throwing INTs won't necessarily be broken if he doesn't play this game. He can always come back to throw more.

This. Gehrke is not very good. Maybe if he was given a full game or 2 to develop, get the nerves settled etc. And what I saw of Aspay in practice, he's 2 years away.

I am very frustrated with Sefo, but he is the most effective QB we have. This was probably the worst game of his career, which is doubly frustrating because I don't see him improving.

If it's not the most important thing, it's right there. Ball security is something you need as a qb. Nobody is asking Sefo to go out and win a game by himself. Turn the ball over, you can sure as hell lose one. No it wasn't all on him but damn he can't keep that up. He needs to work with someone in the off-season.

Back