What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I have no idea what that win means

What this win means is no sheep bleating this year. And not just because their sheep actually died. McElwain built a sold team up in FoCo that looked pretty good last night and the Buffs still beat them. MM said lose big, lose small, win small, win big. The Buffs tripped up big time in Hawaii but really showed something last night by coming through when it mattered. Hope to see some more growth in the weeks to come.

We're getting better and have now proven we can win close games and make comebacks. This *could* be a turning point. At a minimum, this team is getting better. We didn't play a great game and beat a bowl team, that's progress.
The glass is half full. And that's ok.

i think... well, hope... that we can build on this. the Buffs were pretty much outplayed last night, but they made plays when they absolutely had to make plays. that's something we haven't seen for a long while. i don't think we have the bodies to be very competitive in conference (even considering the conference looks weaker than expected), but maybe we can steal some games. take the win. it was hard-earned and this is a game we lose nearly 100% of the time in any of the last few seasons.

When the buffs needed a spark, needed a big play, needed some life, who supplied it? The 3rd year starter at QB. Sefo was not at his best last night no doubt, but he came through in the clutch when the team needed it. He is one of the toughest SOB's I have ever seen at the QB position. That qb scrammble at the end, diving for the marker and then the 18yd strike to put us in position for the game winning field goal attempt was picture perfect.

Sefo has his issues, but I love what he brings to the table.

We gave up 500 effing yards, never touched the QB, got no stops for a loss. The D sucked, man.

How were they last year in this game?

Here let me help you with an answer...
Not saying it is a good defense, but the defense is forcing turnovers and keeping us in games. After last year, that IS a clear improvement.

And some more help...
The D kept an opponent under 30pts. That's 3 games in a row now. They haven't done that in years.

At the end of the first quarter, I was pretty much ready to never see the stormtrooper uni's again. They can keep them now.

Other than the DP, who complained about the uniforms?
Larry Zimmer didn't like 'em. He would've preferred all white with gold helmets. Since Zim is now an icon for some reason, I have no further comment. As a matter of fact, given my longevity I, too, should be held in iconic status and be allowed to say stupid ****.

I acknowledge those points. But my point stands.

Its likely going to be a few more recruiting cycles before your point is adequately addressed. Since you survived pompei and the roman occupation, if you remain patient, you should see this turnaround too.

The tackling up front was a problem, but the tackling in space is much improved. Guys are taking better angles and not whiffing as much. Special teams is eh but we didnt give up any kickoff or punt returns for a TD so that's always nice.

The bend but dont break defense feels a little JDRish to me. I'd like to see more trust in these corners, put those guys in tight coverage and then get after the QB. Stevens looked bad when we had a guy chasing him and when we werent giving Higgins yards of cushion. The playcalling still worries me but this is one of the most promising wins we've had in years.

I don't think this game means much in the long run. The announcers kept saying maybe this is the turning point but I don't think so. I am, however, so proud of this team! If there is one thing Mac has done right it's teaching this team how to fight until the end. I kept thinking the team was going to fold and it was going to be a blowout but they kept battling. Happy with the W. Proud of the players!

The turning point isn't really a point, but an incredibly large arc. Bigger than the turning radius of an aircraft carrier. Longer than the the shift from the long days of summer to the long nights of winter.

Little by little, the Buffs stink less and less. We're all patiently waiting for the tipping point in recruiting.

As long as MacIntyre makes good on his commitment to reduce blowouts, and turn a few more close games into wins, the fans will stand by.

The tipping point we crave involves knocking off a ranked team.

Beating a MW team is and and always has been nothing more than table stakes.

I think Chido was the guy who put the CSU OL guy on his ass during KO's pick six. He saw the interception and immediately look for somebody to block him hits. It was a thing of beauty. I tell you if the offense gets rolling we can still have a good season. This defense is building confidence and getting turnovers like we haven't seen for a very long time. They knew the wide receivers were Good and were trying to keep the CSU wide receivers from having big days.

Chido knocked over two CSU players to spring Olugbode. He didn't even break stride. That moment is my favorite individual performance to change momentum in a game since Laguda broke up the Umass pass.

The Buffs found a way to win. Call it a positive step forward. All the negatives listed from last night proabably aren't going away this season, but hopefully they can counter them the way they did last night. Just who they are right now.

The tackling up front was a problem, but the tackling in space is much improved. Guys are taking better angles and not whiffing as much. Special teams is eh but we didnt give up any kickoff or punt returns for a TD so that's always nice.

The bend but dont break defense feels a little JDRish to me. I'd like to see more trust in these corners, put those guys in tight coverage and then get after the QB. Stevens looked bad when we had a guy chasing him and when we werent giving Higgins yards of cushion. The playcalling still worries me but this is one of the most promising wins we've had in years.

It is not really JDRish though because JDR had much better athletes in the front seven. I understand the frustrations about the pass rush, but we really just lack athletes. Leavitt was dealt a bad hand.

It is not really JDRish though because JDR had much better athletes in the front seven. I understand the frustrations about the pass rush, but we really just lack athletes. Leavitt was dealt a bad hand.
Very true. Not many play makers on defense. Props to Gamboa on the read on the screen though. I've watched it several times and he zeroed in on Sevens' eyes and broke on the receiver as Stevens let go of the ball. That was a beautiful play by him. Those are the kinds of plays and players we need.

Baby Steps. You can count the number of big plays by the black and gold. When the talent pool increases, so will the number of game changing plays. It was a win, that's good news. However, the team is 1-1 against the MWC and 1-0 vs non D1 level schools, with poor tackling, marginal QB play and questionable offensive play selection. I think it is too early to determine how good this team can be, they are improving and that's a positive sign!

Speaking of the DP, anyone else think they were insinuating we were classless? Headline from their facebook page:

Rocky Mountain Showdown Win
Just how did University of Colorado Boulder celebrate their Rocky Mountain Showdown win? dpo.st/1iZeUnX

I'm assuming they didn't get the f*&k CU chant on video.
I remember what a big deal the DP made of CSU fans stomping our mid-field logo in 2009. Oh. Wait...

I remember what a big deal the DP made of CSU fans stomping our mid-field logo in 2009. Oh. Wait...

I fail to see the issue. This was truly just another occasion when it sucks to be a CSU Ram.

If CSU QB doesn't throw a couple picks and their kicker doesn't botch 3 of 4 FG attempts, that chant never happens.

It ain't classlessness. It's truth.

Was a good win that the Buffs needed and made enough plays to earn. The change from a team finding ways to lose to a team getting enough plays to win is huge in my opinion. Are they great? No they are not. Are they a decent football team that plays hard and with heart? Absolutely. This is the biggest thing I have been waiting to see, a team with a heart and keeps fighting.

Very happy this morning and amazingly enough, those Ram fans who were bragging and telling me how they were going to own us this year are nowhere to be found today. I am so surprised.

It means we got a much needed win. Which is good. Other than that it does not seem to have a lot of good take aways. Still a lot of concerns with this team.

Back