1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just realized something

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If CU leaves the Big 12 and goes to the Pac 10 (12) in 2012, the last Big 12 football game CU plays will be at home against the fuskers.

2. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

not if we make the big 12 championship
    (nubs would be the last home game)

3. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Better have a new coach, because that will never happen with Juicebox. I will miss playing NU.

4. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i will miss the fusker game. it is hard to replace a good healthy white-hot hate like that.

but, maybe the fuskers will grow a pair and agree to annual ooc game. we could drop csu and play the fuskers every year to start at mile high. that would be epic. and, the best part will be if the b12 does melt down and the fuskers are basically relegated to being part of what has become a lower tier conference. then, it will be like replacing the sheep in every respect... a rivalry game, to start the year, against an opponent from a lower conference, that hates your guts.

it will be perfect that way.

5. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

**** Nebraska

6. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

No reason the AD can't try & schedule a OOC game with the butthuskers every year. But yeah, beating the butthuskers before joining up with the Pac10 would be a hellava way to close the regular season!

7. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

Yes, that is true. The last game before CU leaves the Big 12 to join the Pac 10/12 is against the Huskers in 2012. What a way to go out! A loss against your rival at home in front of a stadium full of red clad Husker fans (just like it was last season). Then no bowl game to send the team off into the western sunset to the welcoming arms of the Pac 10/12 teams looking for a new whipping boy.

This all is going to happen if CU still has Hawkins as the Head Coach the next few seasons.

8. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

We could only play them if we joined the Sun Belt.

9. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Prophetically, as if fate intervened, we already have Utah at home in 2012. Out with the old, in with the new.

Also, I believe NU would have an incentive to play us OOC to boost their SOS, since their new conference will likely be worse than the current Big XII.

10. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

I'm with you 100%, that would be one hell of a way to open every season.

11. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

I think the shot in the arm we would get by joining the PAC 10 would well be worth losing the Fusker game for us.

12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Assuming we join the Pac in 2012 along with Utah, these are the OOC games that open up for us:

2012: Utah (home)
    2013: Utah (road)
    2014: Oregon (road); already had 1 opening
    2015: Washington (home); already had 1 opening

Also, I would assume that Oregon and Washington were home-and-home agreements, so a couple slots open up on future schedules too. It seems like there would be an opportunity to add an annual game versus a team from the old Big 8.

13. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

There is a 4 game series with ASU in there as well....

14. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I won't miss it much, because I'll be able to see the Buffs here in AZ and visiting family in OR. That will be allsome!

15. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

One of the perks about leaving is that all those red idiots that infest our state won't be able to watch their team play here anymore. Might finally kill those two shops in Estes Park too.

16. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Yeah, I hate those shops in Estes. But I don't think the Buffs moving to the Pac10 will stop butthuskers from coming to our state wearing their commie red crap.

17. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

estes is kinda overrated IMO. the Wheel is a good bar, but otherwise.....meh.

18. BuffSurveyor

BuffSurveyor Club Member Club Member

I doubt it! It could really be annoying for Buff fans if there are as many Husker brethren living on the front range as everybody here claims. The Big Red will just get its own Husker television station going just so the masses can watch their beloved football team (and the rest of the Husker teams during the off season). Just think what it would be like to see the "sold out" Spring Game televised to the masses living on the front range for all to see! I just might move to Boulder if that happens............NOT!

19. CSU Husker

CSU Husker Well-Known Member

How would scheduling CU be growing a pair? Seems like another cream puff to me :)

20. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

as bad as the Buffs have been recently, they are still a major program, which the fuskers have a long history of trying to avoid during the ooc slate. but, of course, you already knew this.

21. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

The ****sters have been nothing special for some time now. We have nothing in common with them culturally or with regard to educational standards. It would be good to simply be done with them. Really, who cares where they end up?

22. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I do. My hate for the fuskers is just as intense as it was in the nineties. I want to rub their faces in **** every single year. We started their downward spiral in '01, I want to finish them off.

23. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

I would definitely love to move NU to the first game and ditch CSU if CU went to the Pac-10. That would be a fun way to start the season.

24. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

too bad we're hooked into the lambs for the next 10 years

25. OKCBuff

OKCBuff Well-Known Member

And we're still in the Big 12 -- nice to think about at least!

That 10-year deal still blows my mind a tad.

26. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I have a feeling that our annual game on Black Friday against NU on ABC is about to come to an end soon anyway. All it will take is some pressure by the Big12 to put the OU/UT game in that spot and it will be done. The games are usually exciting and all but I can just see either the network or the Big12 changing it soon.

If we went tot he Pac12 I would love to see our OOC schedule maintain at least 1 game a year with a former Big8 school. I would also like to see us alternate between CSU and Air Force each year too, and then fill in the cracks with a sure fire win like Toledo, Eastern Washington, or Montana State. This of course is assuming Hawkins is long gone.

27. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Jeepers creepers, BS, you got me good on that understated "not" joke. Dang! I was all thinking that you might move to Boulder and I was like, Oh Snap! Wouldn't that be something!!! And then, at the last minute you pulled the rug out from underneath me. LOL!!!! Good one! Damn you and your subtle humor.

28. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

BuffSurveyor = Borat?

[video=youtube;-tR91q59gFo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tR91q59gFo[/video]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  29. BeachBronco

BeachBronco Active Member

The UT/OU game coincides with the Texas state fair and is an integral part of that game, so I doubt either school would commit to changing the dates of their rivalry.

30. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

As someone who went to school in Estes Park 7th to 11th grade, I'd love to see those Big Red stores go!