What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I **** you not

IMO the loss that I get pissed off the most about is the A&M loss. That one goes straight on Hawk. Even our backups should've beat those guys. :bang:

Like I said before, Hawk barely had enough OL to hold practice in 06. Now you want him to flip that into a winner, in the big 12 no less, in 3 years. I pointed out to jimmy that our depth chart tells you all we need to know about CU's problems.

Hey, I want to win as much as anyone else here, but this has been the single worst year for injuries in CU history. You can't slam Hawk for that. If we stay healthy, we are a 7 win team this season. Easy.

I won't argue the injury response, it has been awful this year. The texas a&m game will cost us a bowl game.

If stewart doesn't break his leg and walters and dykes play vs okie state along with scott, I think we win that game.

If stewart doesn't break his leg and walters and dykes play vs okie state along with scott, I think we win that game.

Oh, no. That game was never in doubt. Dykes, Walters, Speedy, Scott... whoever. It wouldn't have mattered. Okie State scored at will. No they didn't score every possession, but they scored when they needed to, and when we needed to stop them. A few players here or there would not have made a difference in that game.

Oh, no. That game was never in doubt. Dykes, Walters, Speedy, Scott... whoever. It wouldn't have mattered. Okie State scored at will. No they didn't score every possession, but they scored when they needed to, and when we needed to stop them. A few players here or there would not have made a difference in that game.

30-17 crawford drops a td pass = 30-24 a play or two would have mattered.

I'm trying to give us the benifit of the doubt.

30-17 crawford drops a td pass = 30-24 a play or two would have mattered.

I'm trying to give us the benifit of the doubt.

I try to think like that also (a play or two could have mattered) but in reality that goes both ways. I'm sure they had a play or two that could have made it a complete blow out, and like Sackman said they didn't score on every possession, but they probably could have scored a couple more times but they didn't need to.

I don't agree that the Okie State game was any more winnable than it turned out on the field... we were overmatched any played very well on defense, save for the couple of drives where we needed a stop and couldn't stop anything.

The games that got away this year were Florida State and Texas A & M.

Florida State: Special teams wrecked a great defensive effort, and Cody just missed on a few TD passes (to Moyd and Devenney) that would have swung the game. Tough loss chalk full of woulda-coulda-shouldas.

Texas A&M: An inexcusable loss. Josh Smith drops a TD, a disasterous 1st and goal results in an INT, comeback attempts twarted by INTs, so many points left on the field after dominating 1st half....

I'll add that the Kansas game was very winnable and that we deserved a better fate in the Texas game.

Injuries and the kicking game... wow.

Back