What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

It Begins....

Sacky is the Godfather.

my bad - Sackman - same question: did you choose "Richard" in your metaphor as a reference to their esteemed football coach, or was that simply random chance?

I think you are overestimating how many all-stars good college basketball programs usually produce.

We have 3 all stars all-time. Our first was Elliott in 1993.

Kansas has 6.
Indiana has 6.
Louisville has 5.
Michigan St. has 5.
Ohio St has 5.
UCONN has 4.
Syracuse has 4.

Also, each of these programs (except UCONN) produced multiple all-stars before when Olson took over. Considering that, I'd say we are doing comparatively well. Certainly not an "embarrassment".

Is this some sort of friendly fire incident? What just happened?

​Nik, stop using facts and logic backed up with sources to prove your points. That's not allowed when you are in an argument and defending your team.

I think Beardown already won with facts. Third in NBA salaries accumulated. All Stars are less relevant when you're Richard Jefferson/Mike Bibby/Jason Terry/(I could go on and on and on) making multi-millions per year. Or I guess you could be Roberson who will soon be in the D-League and stay there forever because he has no NBA position or skill set.

Why would anyone carry around bingo chips? Stop smoking dope ... oh wait. I think I'm done here. I have real work to get done. Enjoy your beer themed arena tomorrow. Too bad you don't have alumni who actually care about your school that you could name it after instead of a college kid beer that's slogan is something about temperature (which the consumer controls I think). I know that's not relevant but I have always wanted to vent about how stupid it is. So long potheads!

You I dont like.

I said I was done but I have to correct you now. Friggin obnoxious. How many Elite 8s has your precious Tad been to? Zero? Oh that's understandable. How about Sweet 16s? Zero as well? Ouch that is sad. How many tournament wins total? 1? Holy **** that is just straight up depressing!! How can you live like that?!?!

How can you live with a coach who loses at home to a Patriot League school? Who has more consecutive Big Dances right now? Whose coach has never experienced less than 20 wins at his current school? Which Pac12 arena have you never won in? It's cute you got lucky and beat an Ivy League school to advance in the Dance. Congrats on your good fortune.

Arizona has a solid basketball tradition.

As far as Wildcats go, they are a notch below Kentucky, and above Kansas State and Villanova more often than not. But they are not smarter and haven't won as many Rose Bowls as Northwestern.

UofA is a more potent Wildcat than Abilene Christian, Chico State, Davidson, Johnson & Wales, New Hampshire, North Dakota State, Northern Michigan, Wayne State, and Weber State.

I'll just come and declare that Arizona is the top basketball university that pairs a wildcat mascot with the expression 'Bear Down'

Does anyone else think it is pretty cool how the "U of A" chant sounds similar to the Olympic U.S.A. chant? That is a brilliant knock-off of our great nation's patriotic rally cry.

translation: I'm getting owned. I'll retreat and if Zona loses, you'll never see me again. If Zona wins, I'll be back for a drive by tomorrow. Either way, CU basketball threatens me and my fellow Zona fans. Our insecurities know no bounds.

CU threatens no one who has actually had success as a basketball program. Please see my post about Tad's massive success in the NCAA tournament. I would have to be massively insecure to be threatened by your POS school. I'll be back to congratulate you when you catch up in FFs (which will be precisely never).

I don't have the time or the inclination to scroll through 11+ pages of this thread in order to respond to the newfound Mildcat troll ... so just in case no one else has already done so, I'll just leave this here:

[video=youtube;D94gYHn3jS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D94gYHn3jS4[/video]

CU threatens no one who has actually had success as a basketball program. Please see my post about Tad's massive success in the NCAA tournament. I would have to be massively insecure to be threatened by your POS school. I'll be back to congratulate you when you catch up in FFs (which will be precisely never).

Chill Winston.

I kind of feel as though you're unraveling here. Pull it together! What happened to the confident Skeet from a few pages ago?

Really disappointed by the level of smack talk from Arizona fans. Any minute now, they'll be telling us to prepare our anus.

I said I was done but I have to correct you now. Friggin obnoxious. How many Elite 8s has your precious Tad been to? Zero? Oh that's understandable. How about Sweet 16s? Zero as well? Ouch that is sad. How many tournament wins total? 1? Holy **** that is just straight up depressing!! How can you live like that?!?!

And yet, while you scoff at the CU teams of the past 2 years and how they haven't advanced in the NCAA tournament while we've been in the Pac-12, you fail to mention for those seasons:

NCAA Tournament Appearances: CU 2, UA 1
Pac-12 Championships: CU 1, UA 0
Head-to-Head: CU 3, UA 3

It sure has been nice to move to the Pac-12 and not have to deal with an elite team like Kansas every year. Then again, we beat them this year so maybe the times have changed there also.

And yet...here you are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have the time or the inclination to scroll through 11+ pages of this thread in order to respond to the newfound Mildcat troll ... so just in case no one else has already done so, I'll just leave this here:

[video=youtube;D94gYHn3jS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D94gYHn3jS4[/video]

What's crazy is that clip was actually posted by a dick ***** (as evidenced by the spelling error at the beginning) in a moment of self-loathing.

How can you live with a coach who loses at home to a Patriot League school? Who has more consecutive Big Dances right now? Whose coach has never experienced less than 20 wins at his current school? Which Pac12 arena have you never won in? It's cute you got lucky and beat an Ivy League school to advance in the Dance. Congrats on your good fortune.

Really? You're comparing the number 2 to the number 1 and proclaiming a massive success? That shows something really sad about your fanbase that you celebrate two consecutive NCAA berths. That's like celebrating when you're on a 4-0 scoring run. Let me know when you reach 25 straight 20 win seasons and 25 straight tournament berths. I don't think dominating Harvard is considered lucky. 23 point wins don't take much luck.

:lol: You're here. You're worked up. You're threatened. If CU didn't threaten you, you wouldn't be here making a fool of yourself and showing us your insecurities. I'll enjoy having more consecutive NCAA tournaments than you do at the moment. As you said, it's all about what have you done lately. In Zona's case, the answer is not much. See, we don't pretend to be royalty, you do. You haven't quite grasped that.

I think you are overestimating how many all-stars good college basketball programs usually produce.

We have 3 all stars all-time. Our first was Elliott in 1993.

Kansas has 6.
Indiana has 6.
Louisville has 5.
Michigan St. has 5.
Ohio St has 5.
UCONN has 4.
Syracuse has 4.

Also, each of these programs (except UCONN) produced multiple all-stars before when Olson took over. Considering that, I'd say we are doing comparatively well. Certainly not an "embarrassment".

Good info. Then I guess I'm shocked at how well CU represents in terms of NBA success.

(Also, should I assume that North Carolina, UCLA, Duke and Kentucky are putting everyone else to shame?)

Really? You're comparing the number 2 to the number 1 and proclaiming a massive success? That shows something really sad about your fanbase that you celebrate two consecutive NCAA berths. That's like celebrating when you're on a 4-0 scoring run. Let me know when you reach 25 straight 20 win seasons and 25 straight tournament berths. I don't think dominating Harvard is considered lucky. 23 point wins don't take much luck.

He's back! With swagger! You had me worried a minute ago Skeet.

You can't bring that up. It's living in the past. You said so..

And yet, while you scoff at the CU teams of the past 2 years and how they haven't advanced in the NCAA tournament while we've been in the Pac-12, you fail to mention for those seasons:

NCAA Tournament Appearances: CU 2, UA 1
Pac-12 Championships: CU 1, UA 0
Head-to-Head: CU 3, UA 3

It sure has been nice to move to the Pac-12 and not have to deal with an elite team like Kansas every year. Then again, we beat them this year so maybe the times have changed there also.

That's an awfully small sample size. Maybe you were never taught statistics. I do enjoy you scraping up the VERY FEW flattering statistics about your atrocious program. Tad was a mildly good coach at Northern Colorado and he will soon leave to KU or someplace better after he reaches one sweet 16 at your pathetic school. Arizona is a destination while CU is a just an asscrack.

:lol: You're here. You're worked up. You're threatened. If CU didn't threaten you, you wouldn't be here making a fool of yourself and showing us your insecurities. I'll enjoy having more consecutive NCAA tournaments than you do at the moment. As you said, it's all about what have you done lately. In Zona's case, the answer is not much. See, we don't pretend to be royalty, you do. You haven't quite grasped that.

Arizona won the same amount of NCAA tournament games last year alone as CU has since 1997. So I'm not sure the "What have you done for me lately?" argument favors Colorado.

Really disappointed by the level of smack talk from Arizona fans. Any minute now, they'll be telling us to prepare our anus.

J.R., have you prepared your anus? Make sure you have a pillow you can bite. The *********** are comin' in dry.

Now a word from our sponsor. This weekend's "U of A" knock-off chant is brought to you by Crust Toothpaste
image.jpg

That's an awfully small sample size. Maybe you were never taught statistics. I do enjoy you scraping up the VERY FEW flattering statistics about your atrocious program. Tad was a mildly good coach at Northern Colorado and he will soon leave to KU or someplace better after he reaches one sweet 16 at your pathetic school. Arizona is a destination while CU is a just an asscrack.

:lol: it's cute how flustered he is. You've struggled so deeply with this "pathetic school". Doesn't say much for Zona to be trailing a pathetic school in the series.

Nope. Just bored at work. ASSU gets me worked up. KU every once in a while. UK sometimes. Your fans are complete dicks much like UK but unlike UK you have absolutely nothing to be cocky about so I really don't care. I'm just passing time at work. Once again. In 3 years we have one Elite 8, one Sweet 16, and one ****ty season. You, meanwhile, reached your first round of 32 game in FIFTEEN YEARS!!! Congrats on the mediocrity CU fans. You'll always have your half of a Football title 24 years ago at least.

Back