What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jim McElwain is a goober

bradlee-van-pelt.jpg

He gonna lead them off the bus this year???

salt their fields. burn their huts. grill their animals.

i want scorched earth.

Maybe he should stand his three QB's in the back yard, have 'em drop their pants and, um, see which one Clarabelle "selects."

His post game comments were horrible. He still think he should have won the game and they are going to win next year too.

His post game comments were horrible. He still think he should have won the game and they are going to win next year too.

He proved to me that he isn't going to be successful at CSU, simply by his post-game presser. Guy doesn't get it and I'm ecstatic he isn't our coach.

OC vs. DC yesterday. A DC was the right choice!

It wasn't a question of OC vs. DC, it was a question of a guy who had been a head coach and turned a program around vs. a guy who was the DC for one of the best HC's in the business who just so happens to actually run his defense even though he has a DC.

M2 was the man in charge at SJSU, Saban is the man in charge at Bama' no matter what title an assistant has.

It wasn't a question of OC vs. DC, it was a question of a guy who had been a head coach and turned a program around vs. a guy who was the DC for one of the best HC's in the business who just so happens to actually run his defense even though he has a DC.

M2 was the man in charge at SJSU, Saban is the man in charge at Bama' no matter what title an assistant has.

I thought McElwein was the OC at Bama? So he meant DC (MacIntyre) vs OC (McElwein)

I thought McElwein was the OC at Bama? So he meant DC (MacIntyre) vs OC (McElwein)

You are correct, it doesn't matter though. Saban was that man in charge. McElwain was a cog in the machine, based on last year an easily replacable cog. To say he was in some significant way responsible for Bama's success is like saying that Bill Gates janitor is why Microsoft dominates the software market.

You are correct, it doesn't matter though. Saban was that man in charge. McElwain was a cog in the machine, based on last year an easily replacable cog. To say he was in some significant way responsible for Bama's success is like saying that Bill Gates janitor is why Microsoft dominates the software market.
Say what you want, but nobody has cleaner toiteys than the gang at Redmond...

I agree. At first look, I liked him over Embree...well, still do, but that is beside the point. But Sban is such a micromanager that I knew you wouldn't really know what you had. I was commenting before the game in some thread that If HCMM beat CSU handily, it would show CSU that they made a bad hire. Sadly for them, and happily for us, they just have ot be stuck with him for at least three more years. Him on his second go around there, and us with our first game as a staff at CU......this was his best chance ot beat CU with HCMM at the helm I think.

Side note....I did very much so enjoy watching all the talent at the game, both CU and CSU wise. Great game and great scenery. Not a bad day at all!

Tickets sold by CU; 23,393
Tickets sold and distributed by CSU; 3,430
(does distributed read given away?)

Take away message; CSU absolutely has shown their need for a flashy new stadium. CSU fan bases effort to support their team reminds of the energy ground swell that brought our state the Rockies. Hats off to ram "nation."

Back