What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jimmy Smith's "off the field" problems reportedly worse then we knew of

seriously, what worse: jimmy's girl having two abortions, or cromartie having nine kids from different girls across the country and not remembering all their names?

Who is the ex Bronco who has like 12 kids with 11 different women? I think he's in jail now for selling coke or somthing like that. It was one of Shanahan's busts. Someone help me out, im trying to study for a test and im going crazy trying to figure out who it is.

Who is the ex Bronco who has like 12 kids with 11 different women? I think he's in jail now for selling coke or somthing like that. It was one of Shanahan's busts. Someone help me out, im trying to study for a test and im going crazy trying to figure out who it is.

Travis Henry

he actually had a statistically better 2 seasons with the donks than Moreno has.

WTF are you talking about. Clarett never played a single down in the NFL. Not even in a preseason game.

And while Moreno hasin't yet justified being a first round pick he hasin't been that bad either. If he's a bust what does that make Alphonso Smith?

WTF are you talking about. Clarett never played a single down in the NFL. Not even in a preseason game.

And while Moreno hasin't yet justified being a first round pick he hasin't been that bad either. If he's a bust what does that make Alphonso Smith?

Was talking about henry. Edited my post to make it more clear.

On the one hand you have to wonder why none of this information was publicly known until the day before the draft (apparently NFL scouts and journalists have known about it for months though?). Some of it seems like it would be hard to cover up, like the 4 failed drug tests and especially the arrest for assault. Wouldn't that be public record? The abortion thing just seems way out of line to bring up, I'd imagine that a significant number of players about to be drafted have gotten a girl pregnant too, and either had the abortion or had the kid.

On the other hand these are serious allegations to be printing and if not true would open up the writer and newspaper to all sorts of lawsuits and legal action. He claims to be citing NFL scouts and executives who typically do their homework. Yes there is that aspect of gamesmanship where teams try to deflect interest from players they want to draft and obscure their true intentions...but that usually consists of leaking concerns about injuries or how the player might not adapt to NFL systems quickly. To make these kind of specific allegations would be almost unheard of.

I think a VERY important factor in all of this is WHEN this stuff happened. If this is all in the first half of his time here in Boulder, then it's BS. If he failed a drug test in the past two years though, I would be concerned and I wouldn't blame others for feeling the same. As far as the other stuff goes, that doesn't belong in the papers. That should be between Jimmy and the girls. Whoever leaked that should get smacked. That "anonymous" personnel douchebag can suck it.

I have said it before and I will say it again: the NFL cares most about the positive drug tests (especially if the rumor of four is true). Drug rumors scare teams and it happens every year with different players-Dan Marino, Randy Moss, Percy Harvin, Ryan Mallett, etc.

This seems like making a deal with the devil.

Jimmy stands to make millions, but in the process his name will be linked with the stigma of "character issues" that are reported by some Milwaukee paper who report on vicious allegations from unnamed sources within the NFL's selection offices.

Which ever team drafts Jimmy are going to have the media second guessing the wisdom of picking him, and opponents throwing this muck in his face.

Hang in there, Jimmy. Revenge will be yours when you finally put on some pads and give these fools a reason to talk about something else.

Henry only played 1 season for the Broncos, both of Moreno's seasons he has produced more than Henry did.

**** you are right i miss-read the stat sheet, I'll shut up about the donkies fora day or two.

I'm not really buying that article. The best part was one scout that said USC and UCLA didn't recruit him because of his background. :lol: Like they were recruiting a 3* safety with 4.6 speed coming out of high school. I think unnamed people are trying to trash him so he falls to them. The people that happened to go on record were pretty glowing of his ability and didn't seem that frightened. Comparisons to Nnamdi Asomugha and Rod Woodson are pretty lofty praise.

So, does anyone have any insight as to the 3 drug tests? First I've heard of anything, let alone multiple failures.

All the other stuff is really minor, imo, and it seems to have happened early. Not ready to call bs on this one, but the timing and place of release is really odd.

I'm not really buying that article. The best part was one scout that said USC and UCLA didn't recruit him because of his background. :lol: Like they were recruiting a 3* safety with 4.6 speed coming out of high school. I think unnamed people are trying to trash him so he falls to them. The people that happened to go on record were pretty glowing of his ability and didn't seem that frightened. Comparisons to Nnamdi Asomugha and Rod Woodson are pretty lofty praise.

to true and not to be a real nit-picker but I've been to Colton a bunch and it is not that rough it certainly isnt "bad,bad,bad" nor is it just east of LA, it is in san bernadino practically next to palm springs.

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, in addition to the 2 citations for possesion he also failed 3 (not 1) drug tests while he was here one of which was for coedine syrup (i.e Jamarcus Russell), he was also arrested for aggravated assualt at some point, and impregnated two different girls who ended up needing to get abortions. You could argue that this last one is a private matter but I think NFL people see it as a lack of judgement and maturity. Several scouts and executives raved about his ability with some saying that he will be a star in the leauge, but 11 of 24 people polled said they wouldn't draft him in the first 2 rounds presumeably because of character concerns.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120747104.html

Doubt any of that aborting stuff is true.

to true and not to be a real nit-picker but I've been to Colton a bunch and it is not that rough it certainly isnt "bad,bad,bad" nor is it just east of LA, it is in san bernadino practically next to palm springs.

Yep, I live right next to Colton and San Bernardino, it's not that bad. SB is way worse if anything, their murder rate per capita is higher than LA's. What does this really matter though, do teams write players off based on where they're from? Just because Jimmy is from a not so great place doesn't mean he's inherently a criminal or something. I swear I remember reading that he wanted to be an FBI agent after his playing days were over too. Doesn't mean he's a choir boy, but I doubt he has a massive problem with authority if he had those aspirations.

I posted an article I didin't disparage anyone. And you don't think an article pertaining to Smith's draft stock is relevant one day before the draft? Especially one that brings new information to light? I suppose you would be happy if the mods censored information here like the Chinese government does.

Watch it...my access is iffy enough already...

I posted an article I didin't disparage anyone. And you don't think an article pertaining to Smith's draft stock is relevant one day before the draft? Especially one that brings new information to light? I suppose you would be happy if the mods censored information here like the Chinese government does.

Beware the Junta.

The Junta can make the Chinese gubment look like a PTA meeting.

Watch it...my access is iffy enough already...

Somehow I suspect ko_leos's original post was a 500 word masterpiece.

But the Chinese Ministry of Censorship has an agent monitoring KL's posts and redacted all but the 8 words we see here. :WINK:

Looks like most people project him going to the Eagles and if that happens it would be great for Jimmy. A chance to get on a great team at the start of your career with the opportunity to make a difference early. He still gets the first round money but has a chance to be on a great team and not a dog. Both Nate and Jimmy will prove all the haters wrong and I will be looking forward to that.

I just saw a post in a Giants forum where someone called Smith a Pac-Man Jones waiting to happen. Unreal.

Only they we dont like you, you should be in the clear RDB.

Whew! I've been spared, o happi dei.

on a lighter note, saw this draft projection today (from Tom Sorensen, Charlotte Observer):

#22 Indianapolis: Nate Solder, OT, Colorado; Peyton needs protection

#23 Philadelphia: Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado; When will the run on Buffaloes stop?

I'm skeptical - how could he fail 4 drug tests and not be suspended? Also if this is true, Ringo is either completely clueless or a flat out liar. How does a Milwaukee paper come out with this info before the local rags. It's not like the Camera decided to sit on the story to protect a kid's reputation - they went out of their way with Ringo's article the other day to play down his past indiscretions.

I'm skeptical - how could he fail 4 drug tests and not be suspended? Also if this is true, Ringo is either completely clueless or a flat out liar. How does a Milwaukee paper come out with this info before the local rags. It's not like the Camera decided to sit on the story to protect a kid's reputation - they went out of their way with Ringo's article the other day to play down his past indiscretions.

I think the milwaukee paper is citing Smith himself as the source - claiming that Smith self-reported these things to the NFL teams during interviews.

As for the drug tests, I don't know how many drug tests the NCAA requires, and I don't know how many drug tests CU requires. If the NCAA only tests once a semester, but CU tests every 2 weeks, it is certainly possible that a player could flunk the CU test and pass the NCAA test if they were given at different times.

There have been rumors circulating on some of the boards about players flunking drug tests in the past.

Back