What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karma to Coach Prime

Dr Sutterer (YouTube) has video out. Links clot possibly to aneurysm which was mentioned by doctors in previous video.

he's going to be fine. this stuff has to get addressed.

karma tells us this.

I'm assuming the team of Doctor's at CU are far better than anything Coach Prime had while he was at Jackson St. My son is a Lead Pharmacist at Children's Hospital. He tells me that the CU Anschutz Hospital is considered by many in the world of medicine, as the Mayo Clinic of the Rockies.
I went there for my Moh’s Surgery to excise the Melanoma on my forearm in 2013 because I was told they were the best in the region by far.

It was a cross between reassuring and disconcerting how they treated it like a manufacturing line.

I went there for my Moh’s Surgery to excise the Melanoma on my forearm in 2013 because I was told they were the best in the region by far.

It was a cross between reassuring and disconcerting how they treated it like a manufacturing line.
I've known 3 people who have had surgery for melanoma. All three were treated at different facilities. All three said it was ike a manufacturing assembly line. I have Age-Related Macular Degeneration. every 6 months I get checked. So far, so good. However I go thru a assembly line process as well. It appears to be commonplace for many different health issues.

I've known 3 people who have had surgery for melanoma. All three were treated at different facilities. All three said it was ike a manufacturing assembly line. It appears to be commonplace.
I’d take that over my experience, where I’m still dealing with the medical facility, the lab, and my insurance over bills/coverage one year later. I don’t need to be besties with people that have seen more of my body than anyone, save my wife, and cut me open.

Mastery comes from repetition. I only screened hip replacement surgeons who did over 200 each year, did it in less than 75 minutes and did not use general anesthesia.
I'm not 100% clear what you mean by 'screened' in this context, but I perceive those metrics being used to rate medical practitioners contribute sigfnicantly to "specialized care" where providers only take the most basic cases and decline to treat patients with complicated cases or comorbidities.

Mastery comes from repetition. I only screened hip replacement surgeons who did over 200 each year, did it in less than 75 minutes and did not use general anesthesia.
I went to a very highly recommended back surgeon in Ft Collins. Inventions, awards - over 12,000 procedures. Very charming and engaging. He told me how he'd done 3 the other morning. I agreed to have him do my surgery, but on my way home, I remembered he had not answered my question; 'would you recommend this surgery, if I were your son?'. I decided to change plans. Less than 2 weeks later, the man was busted for drugs and malpractice.

I had severe stenosis. Pettine was 2nd surgeon to say I had to have surgery. The 3rd, Dr Beard, said I 'needed' surgery, but should exhaust all options, before going down that road. I went to physical therapy and learned 30-some stretches that I've done 2x a day for 7+ years. I also take MSM. I went from sometimes being unable to stand for 5 minutes, to where I walk 2 miles+ per day, have very few issues. Although a heating pad is often used.

(the DA and other Pettine pals pled him to misdemeanors, despite his ruining so many people's lives, breaking so many laws.

I'm not 100% clear what you mean by 'screened' in this context, but I perceive those metrics being used to rate medical practitioners contribute sigfnicantly to "specialized care" where providers only take the most basic cases and decline to treat patients with complicated cases or comorbidities.
I called offices. Asked about these qualifications. I then visited three.

I called offices. Asked about these qualifications. I then visited three.
ok, you're talking about evaluating options for your own care. Gotcha -- I thought your use of 'screening' was a professional term from the insurance industry or something.

Just curious, why did you select-out general anesthesia?

Just curious, why did you select-out general anesthesia?
No need to undergo risks if you can avoid it IMO. Faster recovery than gases and other fat soluble drugs that hang around. I got fentanyl/versed pre-op then propofol drip during surgery. It clears quickly.

No need to undergo risks if you can avoid it IMO. Faster recovery than gases and other fat soluble drugs that hang around. I got fentanyl/versed pre-op then propofol drip during surgery. It clears quickly.
I asked because I’m an anesthesiologist and curious what people consider when preparing for surgery/anesthesia, etc. Used to do most hip replacements under spinal + propofol sedation but we’ve started to transition back to general with primarily propofol as the anesthetic agent, no spinal. Latest data shows relatively equal risk profiles between the two techniques. Both surgical and anesthetic techniques have greatly improved over the years.
Sorry to hikack the thread. Back on track. Sending good thoughts to Prime. His surgeon is excellent/top notch. Prime is in good hands.

I asked because I’m an anesthesiologist and curious what people consider when preparing for surgery/anesthesia, etc. Used to do most hip replacements under spinal + propofol sedation but we’ve started to transition back to general with primarily propofol as the anesthetic agent, no spinal. Latest data shows relatively equal risk profiles between the two techniques. Both surgical and anesthetic techniques have greatly improved over the years.
Sorry to hikack the thread. Back on track. Sending good thoughts to Prime. His surgeon is excellent/top notch. Prime is in good hands.
His surgeon is excellent/top notch. Prime is in good hands.

There you GO!

I'm a little surprised we haven't heard anything from Prime's Camp how the surgery went.
Hopefully good news soon enough.

Back