What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

KD Nixon UNdeclares for the NFL Draft

Good news that he has his Masters. Always good when these kids take advantage of the opportunity to get something that will be with them for life.

That said don't see any way he gets drafted. He will probably get a shot as an UFA but will need to hook on with somebody as primarily a returner.

Congrats to the kid for getting the extra degree - very happy for him. Might make a good coach someday. Recruiter?

Unfortunately, the move to USC didn’t appear to pay off on the football field as expected. Stat lines shows 3 catches for 35 yards and a TD for the season. At 5’8”, there just aren’t many openings in the NFL outside of running back. He’s got a lot of charisma and should do well outside of football.

Unfortunately, the move to USC didn’t appear to pay off on the football field as expected. Stat lines shows 3 catches for 35 yards and a TD for the season. At 5’8”, there just aren’t many openings in the NFL outside of running back. He’s got a lot of charisma and should do well outside of football.
He should just stay here in LA and get his career in show business started.

He should just stay here in LA and get his career in show business started.
All logic says you are right but when a guy has spent his life dreaming of playing in the NFL he is going to give it a try given the opportunity.

Can't say I can blame him. Better to hear from the NFL that he doesn't have a place than to go through life wondering if he could have made it.

I thought it was crazy how his college career went. In 2017, I thought for sure he was going to be GOOD. He was fast and shifty on Jet sweeps. That ‘18 CSU game, he had that long TD pass. Then, it became the Viska show, and KD seemed to fade…especially after that injury in the ‘Zona game in 2018, when running a Wildcat play for a TD.

I’ll admit, I always thought he’d have made a better running back than receiver. Very much in the EB mold from a body type. And had he been good at that it would have improved his NFL potential.

I thought he was studying artist management. Am I crazy?
PERSONAL: He received his bachelor’s degree in strategic communications from Colorado in December of 2020 and is working on graduate certificate in gerontology at USC.

I definitely didn't have to google gerontology
Gerontology is the study of the social, cultural, psychological, cognitive, and biological aspects of aging. The field is distinguished from geriatrics, which is the branch of medicine that specializes in the treatment of existing disease in older adults.

I remember him mentioning multiple times while at CU that his non-NFL goal was to be an actor.

Nixon is 5'6" tops. He'll make a great actor.
Jakeem Grant is 5'7" 170 lbs and was the most electric player on the field last night between the Packers and Bears. Granted, he might be one of the fastest guys in the NFL, which KD is not, but I could see him being in an NFL camp

Jakeem Grant is 5'7" 170 lbs and was the most electric player on the field last night between the Packers and Bears. Granted, he might be one of the fastest guys in the NFL, which KD is not, but I could see him being in an NFL camp
What was Grant’s college production like?

Grant stands out on an NFL team, I think you agree with that?
KD only stood out because he was small, not particularly agile, and a willing blocker. But at no point have I ever said he was "electric". At 5'7", you have to be electric.

During the previous seasons when he wasn’t hurt for a lot of the year, he had Montez. Your QB definitely matters when looking at production.
So.... You're saying that if KD had a better QB, he wouldn't have been tied for last on his team in receptions, he might have been top 5, and thus NFL material?

Back