What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Keep your heads up, better days ahead

If we win, yes, you're allowed to root against us. If we lose, no, you need to feel bad for me.

Okay ... fair enough. I'll get back to you right after I finish altering the space-time continuum. (y)

Dude - whatever crawled up your ass, let it loose.
He is working on it...give him time....

513fc05f2da8d5434c0870f8e9aaf649.jpg

When you find yourself in a situation where everyone around you is telling you are wrong and no one is backing your position, it is usually a good time for the self-awareness to kick in. If you need more coaching, let me know.
My friend, it really makes no difference to me what everybody else thinks.

Update: you can root against us :)

Okay ... GO HOKIES!! WAY TO GO ... oh ****. :(

Anyway ... congrats Tiger (BTW the most hackneyed nickname in college sports :p). The CFP show tomorrow will be be interesting for sure.

Trolling? Dude, I've been here all year, sometimes participating but mostly lurking. I like the Buffs, and wish the best for them . Sometimes it takes an outside perspective to help remind you that the sky isn't falling and that while last night was a disappointment, this season was a giant net win for the program.

If the Tigers lose tonight, I'll be devastated for sure...and I don't think I'll be consoling you guys very much if that happens. However I don't see why you're characterizing me as some asshole for trying to remind you guys that there's a lot to be proud about in the 2016 Colorado Buffaloes.

I liked it other than your" rag tag misfits" comment. I doubt fans of any board would care for that.

I liked it other than your" rag tag misfits" comment. I doubt fans of any board would care for that.

I may have missed that ... but is tmac the one who actually posted that? And what was the context? I'm confused. :confused:

Why would "rag tag misfits" be considered an insult? I really can't imagine a context where that's an insult.

As I mentioned in my post, the Buffaloes haven't been recruiting warriors as of late (hopefully changing that this year, ranking in the Top 20 on Rivals). You just won a P5 division with a team whose recruiting class averaged 67th in the nation over the last four years. It's not exactly a blue-chip roster, and is worth noting.

Okay ... GO HOKIES!! WAY TO GO ... oh ****. :(

Anyway ... congrats Tiger (BTW the most hackneyed nickname in college sports :p). The CFP show tomorrow will be be interesting for sure.
Yes, it'll definitely be an interesting one...I'm nervous we won't even make it, to be honest. I'm scared that the big institutions of the B1G, along with Barry Alvarez's influence, could lead to a 2 B1G team playoff.

I think it'd be B.S. for them to kick out either Clemson or Washington, but I have a horrible feeling they're going to go with the big institutions here and leave one of them out.

Why would "rag tag misfits" be considered an insult? I really can't imagine a context where that's an insult.

As I mentioned in my post, the Buffaloes haven't been recruiting warriors as of late (hopefully changing that this year, ranking in the Top 20 on Rivals). You just won a P5 division with a team whose recruiting class averaged 67th in the nation over the last four years. It's not exactly a blue-chip roster, and is worth noting.

I can't help you if you can't see it as an insult. I'm sure future nfl players like our db's and dl would agree.

I can't help you if you can't see it as an insult. I'm sure future nfl players like our db's and dl would agree.
Ok, well, maybe this is another situation where an outsider's perspective may be beneficial. I'm not saying Colorado wasn't a good team, or that there weren't talented players...however the team received almost 0 hype outside of the Colorado Buffaloes community. Before this season, nobody was pointing to the Buffs and talking about how good they were and all the talent they had...they were voted to finish last in the division in the preseason. "Rag tag misfits" means your guys came from nowhere and shocked the "experts" & "pundits", not that your players are bad.

Ok, well, maybe this is another situation where an outsider's perspective may be beneficial. I'm not saying Colorado wasn't a good team, or that there weren't talented players...however the team received almost 0 hype outside of the Colorado Buffaloes community. Before this season, nobody was pointing to the Buffs and talking about how good they were and all the talent they had...they were voted to finish last in the division in the preseason. "Rag tag misfits" means your guys came from nowhere and shocked the "experts" & "pundits", not that your players are bad.

Fair enough.

You guys just got to the PAC-12 championship with a bunch of rag tag misfits

ok..lets try this again..

--tmac9wr's kids were in a holiday performance at their school...they were a bunch of rag tag misfits
--I saw tmac9wr's mother at the grocery store along with a bunch of rag tag misfits in the produce section
--I saw tmac9wr's wife at the mall with a bunch of rag tag misfits.

don't be referring to my son as a "rag tag misfit"

You guys just got to the PAC-12 championship with a bunch of rag tag misfits

ok..lets try this again..

--tmac9wr's kids were in a holiday performance at their school...they were a bunch of rag tag misfits
--I saw tmac9wr's mother at the grocery store along with a bunch of rag tag misfits in the produce section
--I saw tmac9wr's wife at the mall with a bunch of rag tag misfits.

don't be referring to my son as a "rag tag misfit"
I really must have missed something here. Is there something special about the phrase "rag tag misfit" in the state of Colorado that I'm not aware of? The context of what I said is that you won the PAC-12 South with a bunch of underdogs. It's not like the roster is filled with a bunch of blue-chip guys.

I never thought a phrase which was intended to be complimentary of your team's work ethic and blue-collar attitude to be interpreted as some condescending insult.

I really must have missed something here. Is there something special about the phrase "rag tag misfit" in the state of Colorado that I'm not aware of? The context of what I said is that you won the PAC-12 South with a bunch of underdogs. It's not like the roster is filled with a bunch of blue-chip guys.

I never thought a phrase which was intended to be complimentary of your team's work ethic and blue-collar attitude to be interpreted as some condescending insult.
I think you should quit while you're behind...

I really must have missed something here. Is there something special about the phrase "rag tag misfit" in the state of Colorado that I'm not aware of?

It just so happens that back in the late 1870's a large horde of Nebraskan dirt thieves invaded Colorado and were just barely repelled by a brave band of "rag tag misfits" at the battle of Casa Bonita

Last edited:
Back