What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Konshage: Stay or Go

Kronshage: Stay or Go?

• Dude has got to go. His comment is offensive and shows he is a bad apple

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Man this PC thing in Boulder has gone too far-not a big deal, play on

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Bad decision but give the kid a break-and teach him a life lesson

Votes: 94 81.0%

• Total voters
**** I was in the pool and one of the homies got on my phone and voted in this poll. Can I change my vote?

I don't know. If I saw that that tweet had gone out on my account and I didn't send it, I would have immediately tweeted "Somebody got on my phone at a party and sent that tweet! Not me!"

Then I would have called my coach and explained things. If that didn't happen, I am having a hard time from keeping the needle from pegging off of the top of the bullship meter.

On the other hand, Yuri stayed. But that was a different coach, who was desperate to save his job. Think MM should go to the team and let them have a say in the decision process? Could be a bonding thing..the family decides if Sam gets to join it. Discuss.

Stay, he apologized, young people make mistakes, the last thing we should do is deny him an opportunity to go to school.

Big difference between denying someone the ability to go to school and denying them a free ride to play football.

I am not sure that it is fair for this particular community to characterize backlash against the use of a term that originated as a tool for dehumanizing a subjugated population and evolved into the gold standard for racist language as "being too sensitive." I mean really: what is the basis for that? Garden-variety South-Park-style conventional conservative wisdom? Some tired, hackneyed meme about "Boulder PC Police?"

I am not sure that it is fair for this particular community to characterize backlash against the use of a term that originated as a tool for dehumanizing a subjugated population and evolved into the gold standard for racist language as "being too sensitive." I mean really: what is the basis for that? Garden-variety South-Park-style conventional conservative wisdom? Some tired, hackneyed meme about "Boulder PC Police?"

It's always a challenge for me to know just what the hell you're talking about. In this case, I think you are somehow working off the feeling that people here are defending the tweet. How you're coming to that conclusion is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It's always a challenge for me to know just what the hell you're talking about. In this case, I think you are somehow working off the feeling that people here are defending the tweet. How you're coming to that conclusion is beyond me.

I think the poll results are pretty clear.

There's a four letter word for you: Yuri.

We gave one kid a chance to redeem himself after he was an idiot in school with Twitter.

There's a four letter word for you: Yuri.

We gave one kid a chance to redeem himself after he was an idiot in school with Twitter.

Well, if Sam's story checks out, that's fine. But Yuri's actions still don't quite equate, because of the word and context involved.

Back