1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LA Times: Rick to be fired after playoff game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Nov 27, 2011.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

This should get interesting on who UCLA will hire. They seem to go the cheap route

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1127-ucla-neuheisel-20111127,0,4708182.story

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

This is all such a ridiculous situation for UCLA and the Pac-12. I believe that had CU lost to Utah, Slick would have gotten another year with a 6-6 record + a bowl game. I'm sure if you told the UCLA AD and fans in the preseason that "Slick will have UCLA in the conference championship game this season, do you think he should be fired after that?" They would have answered with a resounding "No". In the end, it's the way the Bruins are losing that is doing Neuheisel in. UCLA's 38-34 game 1 loss to Houston aside, their 5 other losses are 49-20, 45-19, 48-12, 31-6 and 50-0. As bad as UCLA has looked at times this year, they are undoubtedly improved over last year's 4-8 (2-7) squad. I'd also be willing to bet that the next guy UCLA hires as HC will never get them to the P12CG. UCLA is the Texas A&M of the Pac-12 -- it doesn't matter how much 4* talent these guys load up on, they simply are always going to be serious underachievers with the occasional 10 win season once every dozen years.

3. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

I am more bummed that he wont be coming back to Boulder for the CU UCLA game. I wanted CU to beat him and put the nail in the coffin.

4. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

The "Karl Dorrell years" don't look so bad in hindsight for UCLA.

5. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

"We will do a valid assessment when we're done strapping on the uniform," Guerrero said Saturday night at the Coliseum.

Can somebody translate please?

:popcorn:

6. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

"Let me sleep this over before I say something I am going to regret tomorrow"

7. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

This situation for UCLA is strangely reminiscent of the 2005-6 season for the Buffs when they were blown out 30-3 by the cornholers in the last regular season game, but managed to back into the BigXII championship game against a Texas team lead by Vince Young. And then were blown out 70-3 with GB soon fired and replaced with HaLkins. UCLA could complete the weird chain of events by getting crushed by Oregon, then hiring Petersen.

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Did Gb not get the seal clubbing after getting into the big 12 title game.

9. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I've got one word for this situation for fUCLA...awkward!

10. boulder77

boulder77 Certified Organic Club Member

"He's gone."

11. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I wonder who the next coach will be, If Arizona went after Rich Rod they are going to have to go after a big name as well. The weasel is getting $1.25 million a year and I would expect UCLA to jump up to the $2 million range with their next coach. UCLA actually knows how to write a contract since the buyout is only $650k. I can't believe we payed over $6 million to buyout our last two coaches, that alone should have gotten Bohn fired.

12. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Bull****. Rick will beat Oregon, get a waiver, and play in a bowl game saving himself once again. :lol:

13. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

grr don't like. I want to beat his ass in boulder next yer.

14. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

What's really going to be awesome is: When UCLA gets slaughtered by Oregon in the championship game, ends up with a 6-7 record and is ineligible for a bowl game...
    - Congratulations for "winning" the Pac-12 South -

15. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

The PAC south blows balls. But, it's worth it this year just to see them not make a bowl and fire the slick dick

16. btbuff

btbuff It's an inside joke Club Member

Four new Pac-12 coaches next year. Wow. I'm guessing the extra money won't hurt these decisions.

17. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

UCLA just blew all their money on new basketball facilities, not sure they can afford to hire a big name.

18. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

Wonder if UCLA will hang a banner proclaiming their South championship with no bowl next year.

19. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

We're going to try to sell recruits on winning 2 of our last 3, so yeah I'm sure they will trumpet being Pac 12 South champions.

20. tante

It is amateur hour at UCLA, at least when we backed our way into Big 12 championship games we were bowl eligible.

21. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

KU fans expressing some interest in picking up Neu :rofl:

22. rodrigo

rodrigo Well-Known Member

I suppose. But it's the "when we're done strapping on the uniform" part that gets me. What uniform? And why does it have to be "strapped on?"

23. L Buff

L Buff Commissar of the Albuffs Collective Left Club Member

Bohn had nothing to do with the Barnett buyout ... that had already been negotiated by Tharp.

24. tante

good point, I forgot about Mr. Liquor Mart.

25. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

And CU is Mizzou. UCLA's last hurrah before the ****storm. Lets hope we have some success in the next few years like Mizzou did after that.

26. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Be interesting to see Nue and Hawk backstage at one of those ESPN ex-coach talk shows they love to do. They can talk philosophy as it relates to football and discuss their future coaching prospects.

As many times as he has failed however, I think Nue will still land on his feet if he wants to. I dont know if it is the lawyer in him but somehow people always believe him he is able to make his failings look like someone else's fault. He has also had a history of charming women administrators and now he is getting closer to the age of the women who are presidents or chancelor's of a number of major universities.

27. Tacoma Ute

Tacoma Ute New Member

Damn, I was hoping maybe we had saved his job by losing Friday so fUCLA would continue to suck for years to come.

28. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Tricy Ricky, ran three D I teams into the ground...not many can say that, the only reason CU didn't completely bottom out was Ellen was handed the keys to a Ferrari and only had three years to wear it out. When he left CU was more like a Camaro, still very respectable but not exactly the cream of the crop. He absolutely wrecked UW and fUCLA...but he'll get a job somewhere, there are some female AD's and University Presidents lurking about in D I.....

29. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Should be interesting to see who they hire. If UCLA ever gets it right, they could be serious trouble.

30. ScottyBuff

ScottyBuff Well-Known Member

Wonder if UCLA would go after Chris Peterson?