What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

"Pasta Jay's, a quaint 35-year-old Italian restaurant in Boulder with a sign out front that reads "Prime for President," has become Sanders' go-to place for hosting recruits and their families on official visits."

Damn. I thought Coach Prime had better taste and class than to go to Pasta Jay's.
And I thought you had better taste than to post on this board. A hole

loud-noises.gif

When I was a single and lived in Boulder as an adult, I met a lot of women from other parts of the country. Grad school, life in Boulder, etc. appeals to a certain type of lady in her 20’s/early 30’s that you find in Boulder.

Nearly all of them wanted to go to Pasta Jay’s on date nights. They heard “good things”, it was convenient, and wasn’t too pricy (in case I was a dud and they wanted to go Dutch). While I never returned without a new lady’s suggestion, they hardly ever complained about the food.

Maybe my tastes are more pedestrian than you erudite scholars, but I make it a point to eat at Jay’s every time I’m in Boulder, and I enjoy every bit. Not to mention that Jay himself is a great Buff that I’ve known since 1989.
I heard they use Italian sausage in the chili

When I was a single and lived in Boulder as an adult, I met a lot of women from other parts of the country. Grad school, life in Boulder, etc. appeals to a certain type of lady in her 20’s/early 30’s that you find in Boulder.

Nearly all of them wanted to go to Pasta Jay’s on date nights. They heard “good things”, it was convenient, and wasn’t too pricy (in case I was a dud and they wanted to go Dutch). While I never returned without a new lady’s suggestion, they hardly ever complained about the food.
see star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

there really aren't that many of us that have stuck it out with all this for so long.

that, plus bill walton's blessing can only mean one thing:

200.gif

Did anyone catch Undisputed last week when Prime joined on campus? He and Skip are seemingly pretty close. He praised Skip for giving "us" many opportunities when others wouldn't and gave him a hug. Skip was also the one who broke the Travis Hunter injury news, which I don't think is a coincidence.

Kind of pains me to say it after all these years of disliking that man, but there isn't a bigger fan of CP and Colorado in the national media than Skip Bayless and I think a lot of what he says regarding CP and CU is going to be worth paying attention to
He's still an obnoxious blowhard prick, but he's OUR prick now.

Reddit CFB is so salty. Jesus H Christ.

You know - Pasta Jay's is mediocre, but you have to give them credit for being big supporters of the program (although I haven't noticed any ads for them at the stadium this year, like on the small LCD boards). Also, it sounds like they close the whole restaurant and put out a spread of pizza/pasta for everyone. Let's face it: it's hard to go wrong with offering a diverse group pizza and pasta, especially with lot of hungry young men.
Clemson would like a word.
IMG_4906.jpeg

Big sponsored watch parties in Atlanta. Amazing.
1696511911859.png
BTW this group & a few others are fun to have in your feed, if you still FB. People from all over the country had pics of themselves at Folsom last Saturday making the trip to see Coach Prime. Blown away by the atmosphere and the campus. The impact is unreal.

Big sponsored watch parties in Atlanta. Amazing.
View attachment 65710
BTW this group & a few others are fun to have in your feed, if you still FB. People from all over the country had pics of themselves at Folsom last Saturday making the trip to see Coach Prime. Blown away by the atmosphere and the campus. The impact is unreal.
I had a family behind me at the game who flew in rom Georgia. Not so much CU fans per say, but fans of Deion. It's remarkable that so many people want to come to town from all over the country just to see Deion and the Buffs.

Met 2 gentlemen at the hotel before the Nubs game from Atlanta in Buff stuff. One was an FSU fan and the other a UGA fan. Both said they were huge Prime fans and wanted to see him. They probably easily spent over a grand to see Prime and not a team they support. The Prime effect is real as we hear stories like this everyday. CU is becoming America’s team.

Met 2 gentlemen at the hotel before the Nubs game from Atlanta in Buff stuff. One was an FSU fan and the other a UGA fan. Both said they were huge Prime fans and wanted to see him. They probably easily spent over a grand to see Prime and not a team they support. The Prime effect is real as we hear stories like this everyday. CU is becoming America’s team.
Or maybe Prime is just becoming America's coach.

I had a family behind me at the game who flew in rom Georgia. Not so much CU fans per say, but fans of Deion. It's remarkable that so many people want to come to town from all over the country just to see Deion and the Buffs.
Driving up on Colorado Ave and onto Regent Dr. last Saturday we were side by side with a rental Escalade with 6 dudes in it. Struck up a conversation with them and turns out they were all from Texas here on a guys weekend to see Buffs play. Said they would've never come here on one of their trips if not for CP and what he's doing here.

We are living in the crazy good times, my friends.

Driving up on Colorado Ave and onto Regent Dr. last Saturday we were side by side with a rental Escalade with 6 dudes in it. Struck up a conversation with them and turns out they were all from Texas here on a guys weekend to see Buffs play. Said they would've never come here on one of their trips if not for CP and what he's doing here.

We are living in the crazy good times, my friends.
Did you give them some grey poupon?

Well, the Prime effect has certainly worn off for the local sports talk shows. 90% Broncos, 4% Nuggets, 3% Avs, 2% Other and 1% Buffs. Two weeks ago it was closer to 50% Buffs.

I know you're kidding, but in case any one doesn't know, Robert Smith is the richest black man in America. We could have our own Phil Knight, but probably less creepy.
LOL, no.

Let's just say that it's rare for my office to pull a 9 digit investment commitment from a minority owned investment firm, but we did it to his fund for a reason.

Back