What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Happy Feel Good GIF by Bombay Softwares

Those insecure little bitches really love to hold onto Prime Academy.

Bunch of pathetic little neck beards.

Those insecure little bitches really love to hold onto Prime Academy.

Bunch of pathetic little neck beards.
Just for anyone interested - it sounds to me like Prim did have a minor assault (grabbing a guy by the collar) , but if you read the backstory he forced out a founder who was accused of fraud and assault. Prime was fired after doing that.

I also have heard him speak of Prime Prep Academy, and he has said that was a mistake in his life and he learned not to lend his name to things without fulling vetting the people involved.

As for the marital accusations - there was a misdemeanor assault where both he and his wife at the time were charged. A judge later ruled no family violence had occurred.

Out of state applications are up 40%. Wow!
What’s so shocking about it! That how CU stays in business. Out of state $ is their lifeblood. They can extract sh** load of $ From out of state parents. That’s the model and has been for years.

What’s so shocking about it! That how CU stays in business. Out of state $ is their lifeblood. They can extract sh** load of $ From out of state parents. That’s the model and has been for years.
Both things can be true. It can be shocking that out of state applications are up 40% AND also that out of state students fund the university.

I'm a little confused by your framing here, honestly.

Just for anyone interested - it sounds to me like Prim did have a minor assault (grabbing a guy by the collar) , but if you read the backstory he forced out a founder who was accused of fraud and assault. Prime was fired after doing that.

I also have heard him speak of Prime Prep Academy, and he has said that was a mistake in his life and he learned not to lend his name to things without fulling vetting the people involved.

As for the marital accusations - there was a misdemeanor assault where both he and his wife at the time were charged. A judge later ruled no family violence had occurred.

Prime trusted people whom he should not have. He discovered they were involved in shenanigans and confronted them. I truly believe Prime’s only motivation was to help kids and it pisses me off when these hater assholes’ only motivation is to use anything they can to disparage him just to validate their own ego.

When we went to orientation with our youngest there was a large classroom with a couple hundred parents. The speaker asked, “How many of you are from out of state and about half raised their hands. The speaker then said, “This is pretty accurate because about half of incoming students are from out of state.”

All you have to see to know what motivates people is to follow the money. The guys who were running the school were taking money. Prime was donating his own money to the school.

Last edited:
Boooooooo! Sucks when you would like your kids to go there and have your entire family living there, but your career just happened to be one state over. Not opposed to paying out-of-state, but tuition should be somewhat reasonable.

Ft. Collins based The Coloradoan has an ad for a full time reporter gig, with benefits, to write exclusively about Prime and his impact. Salary range $50k to $60k.

Last edited:
We won't see numbers for a while but I would be interested to see the change in non-athletic donations year over year.

I would be glad to bet a cold, frosty mug of beer that some significant commitments have been made while sitting in those luxury suites looking out over a stadium packed with enthusiastic fans.

The increase in out of state applications is huge. Donations to athletics will be way up. What the short sighted people don't see is that we are also going to be seeing money going to the business school, to arts and sciences, to engineering and law.

Prime isn't going to just turn around the stagnation we had in our football program, the interest he is generating is a one of a kind opportunity to turn around the stagnation we have seen in the entire university (Thank you Dr. Phil, now get your butt out of here and let us get back to work.)

You Gotta Believe!
Got mine on Thursday. Wore them all day at my daughter’s school field trip to the pumpkin patch. They are remarkably good for the price range. Way better than the couple pair of Shady Rays I bought a few years ago. The black P21ME pair I bought have shipped too.

I’ve never been to Pasta Jay’s, but I could safely say that it’d be my daughter’s favorite restaurant. I’ve seen few people put away the amount of pasta (and pizza) as she has done in her eight years of life. Yet, she is still under 50 lbs. It sounds like I need to make this part of an upcoming trip.

As far as haters/naysayers/bitter assholes go. **** ‘em all. It’s no coincidence that Bama is on the downward roll (spicy/zesty hot take) as CU skyrocketed back to CFB relevancy and is still climbing. The BigXII will go through Boulder.

The way it is flowing into other parts of the university and Boulder is amazing. I think CU athletics will be pretty good. Does basketball play in the PAC12 this season still, and switch at the beginning of the 24/25 school year?

What a freaking time to be alive. Even if this is all a small slice of it…

The way it is flowing into other parts of the university and Boulder is amazing. I think CU athletics will be pretty good. Does basketball play in the PAC12 this season still, and switch at the beginning of the 24/25 school year?

Yes, this upcoming basketball season we are still in the Pac12

We won't see numbers for a while but I would be interested to see the change in non-athletic donations year over year.

I would be glad to bet a cold, frosty mug of beer that some significant commitments have been made while sitting in those luxury suites looking out over a stadium packed with enthusiastic fans.

The increase in out of state applications is huge. Donations to athletics will be way up. What the short sighted people don't see is that we are also going to be seeing money going to the business school, to arts and sciences, to engineering and law.

Prime isn't going to just turn around the stagnation we had in our football program, the interest he is generating is a one of a kind opportunity to turn around the stagnation we have seen in the entire university (Thank you Dr. Phil, now get your butt out of here and let us get back to work.)
Watch the half-time segment that CU has broadcast. Last week, it was all "Prime" based. Like a scientist is a lab coat saying, "We are doing Prime research"
No matter how much some folks embraced CP and welcomed him, I don't think any of us, including CP probably, thought all this was going to happen. The cover of Time, 60 minutes, campus shows 3 out of 5 weeks. According to some, 'America's Team', or 'Black America's team'. There was a realtor who flew out to Phoenix from Atlanta with his family. He said, he thought every black person on the flight was headed out to support CP and the Buffs

When we went to orientation with our youngest there was a large classroom with a couple hundred parents. The speaker asked, “How many of you are from out of state and about half raised their hands. The speaker then said, “This is pretty accurate because about half of incoming students are from out of state.”

All you have to see to know what motivates people is to follow the money. The guys who were running the school were taking money. Prime was donating his own money to the school.
Are there Colorado kids that have the same academics (or even slightly lower) as the out of state kids that are being passed over? I just don’t feel like the state is big enough to fill CU.

Are there Colorado kids that have the same academics (or even slightly lower) as the out of state kids that are being passed over? I just don’t feel like the state is big enough to fill CU.
First thing to ask anyone who complains about the number of OOS students is who much more they're willing to pay in state taxes for the state to actually fund CU for more than a token pittance percentage of its budget.

Edit: CO state funding is 5%. That's why tuition is so high and OOS & international tuition is such a focus.

Back