What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

"Pasta Jay's, a quaint 35-year-old Italian restaurant in Boulder with a sign out front that reads "Prime for President," has become Sanders' go-to place for hosting recruits and their families on official visits."

Damn. I thought Coach Prime had better taste and class than to go to Pasta Jay's.

UCLA fans on their 247 board are up in arms over UCLA keeping Kelly at HC and not hiring Coach Prime after last season.
A lot of these program’s fanbases are getting amnesia about what they were saying about Prime before…
Not only what they were saying before but a lot of these fanbases are also more than a little presumptive that Prime would have even considered going to their schools, regardless of how much money might have been offered.

Prime isn't going to turn down money but he is motivated by a lot more than a paycheck. Consider that he gave up literally millions of dollars to coach at Jackson State instead of stay on TV.

Prime came to Colorado, yes for the money and a shot at a P5 school but also because CU offered him an opportunity to do things his way and to work on some big goals other than just winning a lot of football games.

This is the same reason why he has been clear that he isn't interested in coaching in the NFL, the same reason why you see multiple positive interactions between him and RG, and more.

People get distracted by the hoodies and the sunglasses and jewelry and the rest of the show but when they do they are missing that he is a highly intelligent man who is driven by motivations much deeper than a lot of these fans can or want to recognize.

Last edited:
Not only what they were saying before but a lot of these fanbases are also more than a little presumptive that Prime would have even considered going to their schools, regardless of how much money might have been offered.

Prime isn't going to turn down money but he is motivated by a lot more that a paycheck. Consider that he gave up literally millions of dollars to coach at Jackson State instead of stay on TV.

Prime came to Colorado, yes for the money and a shot at a P5 school but also because CU offered him an opportunity to do things his way and to work on some big goals other than just winning a lot of football games.

This is the same reason why he has been clear that he isn't interested in coaching in the NFL, the same reason why you see multiple positive interactions between him and RG, and more.

People get distracted by the hoodies and the sunglasses and jewelry and the rest of the show but when they do they are missing that he is a highly intelligent man who is driven by motivations much deeper than a lot of these fans can or want to recognize.
Yeah, I think the thing that outsiders continue to miss is that CU has given Coach Prime almost unprecedented control over the program and allowed him to do things that many more established football programs scoff at (fighting for clicks!, filming documentaries that feature the school without taking a cut of the money).

There are lots of schools in the Big 10 and SEC with bigger bags of money but I think the list that would give Coach Prime the control over the program that CU has given him is much smaller. If he continues to have success that list will grow so at the end of the day we should all just enjoy the ride.

What is FoCo?

Google isn't of any help.

Episode 1 Reaction GIF by The Office

the sanctimonious tears of the forsaken blue bloods will flow like a river of glory. they all hate us now-- wait until the top 10 or better class comes in.

i don't know how long this will all last, but i am here for it all.

dear fans of other programs: **** all the way off. you are entitled by birth to nothing. a reckoning is underway and it arrives on an back of avenging Buffalo.

Bless Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

"Pasta Jay's, a quaint 35-year-old Italian restaurant in Boulder with a sign out front that reads "Prime for President," has become Sanders' go-to place for hosting recruits and their families on official visits."

Damn. I thought Coach Prime had better taste and class than to go to Pasta Jay's.
This is really sad.

Are you actually questioning Prime? I believe in Prime and I believe in Pasta Jay’s!

the sanctimonious tears of the forsaken blue bloods will flow like a river of glory. they all hate us now-- wait until the top 10 or better class comes in.

dear fans of other programs: **** all the way off. you are entitled by birth to nothing. a reckoning is underway and it arrives on an back of avenging Buffalo.
Picturing Liver like this RN

moises-diez-manadamientos-moses.gif

Bless Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+
I don't know what a better than top 10 class even means, but I need a nap.

Reddit CFB is so salty. Jesus H Christ.

Are you actually questioning Prime? I believe in Prime and I believe in Pasta Jay’s!

You know - Pasta Jay's is mediocre, but you have to give them credit for being big supporters of the program (although I haven't noticed any ads for them at the stadium this year, like on the small LCD boards). Also, it sounds like they close the whole restaurant and put out a spread of pizza/pasta for everyone. Let's face it: it's hard to go wrong with offering a diverse group pizza and pasta, especially with lot of hungry young men.

You know - Pasta Jay's is mediocre, but you have to give them credit for being big supporters of the program (although I haven't noticed any ads for them at the stadium this year, like on the small LCD boards). Also, it sounds like they close the whole restaurant and put out a spread of pizza/pasta for everyone. Let's face it: it's hard to go wrong with offering a diverse group pizza and pasta, especially with lot of hungry young men.
plus Bill Walton LOVES LOVES pasta jays. that right there is all the endorsement necessary!

Yeah, I think the thing that outsiders continue to miss is that CU has given Coach Prime almost unprecedented control over the program and allowed him to do things that many more established football programs scoff at (fighting for clicks!, filming documentaries that feature the school without taking a cut of the money).

There are lots of schools in the Big 10 and SEC with bigger bags of money but I think the list that would give Coach Prime the control over the program that CU has given him is much smaller. If he continues to have success that list will grow so at the end of the day we should all just enjoy the ride.
What he has done would be lame if repeated. Texas A&M Prime would not get the same fresh eyeballs he has now.
He has to play out Colorado to its conclusion, which is a National title

Maybe my tastes are more pedestrian than you erudite scholars, but I make it a point to eat at Jay’s every time I’m in Boulder, and I enjoy every bit. Not to mention that Jay himself is a great Buff that I’ve known since 1989.

Did anyone catch Undisputed last week when Prime joined on campus? He and Skip are seemingly pretty close. He praised Skip for giving "us" many opportunities when others wouldn't and gave him a hug. Skip was also the one who broke the Travis Hunter injury news, which I don't think is a coincidence.

Kind of pains me to say it after all these years of disliking that man, but there isn't a bigger fan of CP and Colorado in the national media than Skip Bayless and I think a lot of what he says regarding CP and CU is going to be worth paying attention to

Did anyone catch Undisputed last week when Prime joined on campus? He and Skip are seemingly pretty close. He praised Skip for giving "us" many opportunities when others wouldn't and gave him a hug. Skip was also the one who broke the Travis Hunter injury news, which I don't think is a coincidence.

Kind of pains me to say it after all these years of disliking that man, but there isn't a bigger fan of CP and Colorado in the national media than Skip Bayless and I think a lot of what he says regarding CP and CU is going to be worth paying attention to
Ugh. But OK.

Back