What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

We haven't even seen Utah this year. 16 starters out with injury from both sides of the ball. QB3, until two weeks ago was freshman QB4. Some of our best defensive talent hasn't been even in there... and Chip Kelly's Bruins could barely score. If we get these guys back, and we should in about two/three weeks when we have USC at their house, Oregon the week after that at our place, then two weeks later we have Washington at their house. Who cares about clicks? We have some players that if healthy should have us in each of these games... and talent behind them. Our stadium has sold out every game for over a decade. Nobody is wearing CU gear here.
Hey man, just doing a welfare check. You OK? Should we send some flavored gelatin in a Bundt pan? Diet Coke? A misguided virgin and her sister?

Are there Colorado kids that have the same academics (or even slightly lower) as the out of state kids that are being passed over? I just don’t feel like the state is big enough to fill CU.
I think for a long time, to be selected for CU in-state you have to be tops. Because out of state kids fund the University.

I think for a long time, to be selected for CU in-state you have to be tops. Because out of state kids fund the University.
Anecdotally. But is there evidence that students with the same creds from CO were rejected in favor of out of state students?

State law requires that an average of no more than 45% of incoming freshmen at public universities come from out of state, and CU Boulder is near that limit. So a huge increase in applications won’t mean a huge shift in numbers ultimately accepted from out of state.

State law requires that an average of no more than 45% of incoming freshmen at public universities come from out of state, and CU Boulder is near that limit. So a huge increase in applications won’t mean a huge shift in numbers ultimately accepted from out of state.
Yeah. The main impact is that the university can achieve growth objectives while it also improves its selectivity / academic ranks.

Hey now. He'll also get that electric atmosphere when the likes of UVA visit Stanford.
I really love the confidence/insecurity quote. It rings so true and it’s such an eloquent description of the seed of hate/misunderstanding that is in the hearts of many (including the olds in our own fanbase)

That watch is a beacon which draws every mediocre, non competitive, unaccomplished, and unconfident middle aged person straight out of their hiding places. If you’re a winner, you get it. If you’re a loser, you expose your weak losing mindset. Such a fascinating dichotomy.

Besides race, this is the biggest source of hatred for Prime and Co. Losers hate winners. Seeing pride and success in others derives such a visceral response in a beta with a loser mentality

I really love the confidence/insecurity quote. It rings so true and it’s such an eloquent description of the seed of hate/misunderstanding that is in the hearts of many (including the olds in our own fanbase)

That watch is a beacon which draws every mediocre, non competitive, unaccomplished, and unconfident middle aged person straight out of their hiding places. If you’re a winner, you get it. If you’re a loser, you expose your weak losing mindset. Such a fascinating dichotomy.

Besides race, this is the biggest source of hatred for Prime and Co. Losers hate winners. Seeing pride and success in others derives such a visceral response in a beta with a loser mentality
Does anyone know the specific meaning of the watch celey?

So when CU does this its ok but if NU did it in our stadium after beating us would it be classless?
Everything NU does is classless. Is that even up for debate?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

So when CU does this its ok but if NU did it in our stadium after beating us would it be classless?
1) NU wouldn’t beat us in our stadium
2) they don’t have the swag or balls
3) they are poor, but if they flex a Fossil on us, that would be hilarious
4) this makes it fun. Hate is fun. Rivalry is fun. Drama is fun. Be fun. Don’t be a no-swag beta-ass doorknob. Enjoy the intrigue

4) this makes it fun. Hate is fun. Rivalry is fun. Drama is fun. Be fun. Don’t be a no-swag beta-ass doorknob. Enjoy the intrigue
mmm I'm not sure, I'm a CU fan, which of course stands for "fair and nuanced".

just kidding assholes it stands for fanatic, everything we do is right because they went to the same school I did and everything they do is bad because they go to a school that was near CU and good at football. **** em we ball

It’s nice to see some emotion and talk about our program nationally….. instead of talk from the past about us being the worst program in college football (last year). It’s fun to be a Buff again. Let’s enjoy the ride!

Yeah, if an opposing QB came into Folsom and willed his team to a victory through brutal chants and a hostile crowd, that guy would deserve to talk some **** postgame.

What does “flex a Fossil” mean? Asking for a dude in FL.

Yeah, if an opposing QB came into Folsom and willed his team to a victory through brutal chants and a hostile crowd, that guy would deserve to talk some **** postgame.
Has anyone on AllBuffs ever said anything about classless opposing players (outside of the dirty play by CSU)? Even the commentary on Nub gathering/praying on the logo was moreso in response to the dosrespect comments about Shedeur flashing the watch at them.

I can’t think of a more Miami move than to drum up a hypothetical scenario so he can be mad at CU football

Wondering if this reasoning holds true for a Russian oligarch's expensive yacht too? Is the yacht a beacon too? Just food for thought. Hey bro, I don't begrudge SS collecting expensive watches and happy he's got the cash to do it. A watch itself just seems so outmoded and well, "Boomerish", given that smart phones have made them obsolete. Not wanting to start a discussion, just kickin' some thoughts around. Go Buffs !!

Last edited:
Back