What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Wondering if this reasoning holds true for a Russian oligarch's expensive yacht too? Is the yacht a beacon too? Just food for thought. Hey bro, I don't begrudge SS collecting expensive watches and happy he's got the cash to do it. A watch itself just seems so outmoded and well, "Boomerish" give that smart phones have made them obsolete. Not wanting to start a discussion, just kickin' some thoughts around. Go Buffs !!
Your thoughts on fashion are as irrelevant here as they are to Shedeur Sanders himself. But thanks for just kicking some thoughts around here! Go Buffs!

Wondering if this reasoning holds true for a Russian oligarch's expensive yacht too? Is the yacht a beacon too? Just food for thought. Hey bro, I don't begrudge SS collecting expensive watches and happy he's got the cash to do it. A watch itself just seems so outmoded and well, "Boomerish", given that smart phones have made them obsolete. Not wanting to start a discussion, just kickin' some thoughts around. Go Buffs !!
Not to be pedantic, but premium goods compete on features while luxury is selling a dream and experience. A middle aged white dude’s fitbit may provide more features at a high price, but doesn’t hold the intrinsic and extrinsic value proposition of a luxury timepiece. The addition of diamonds or “buss down” process elevated the intrinsic value and grants an added extrinsic social status. A feature only offered by luxury, not premium. So no, iPhones/fitbits/gadgets have not replaced the features provided by luxury timepieces. All they can do is tell time, but if a luxury consumer wanted to tell time, they could get a Mickey Mouse Casio which is the true competitor on features replaced by the premium product

Here we can see Shedeur enjoying the features specific to a buss down watch which can’t be replicated by standard premium feature competitors in the timekeeping space

Wondering if this reasoning holds true for a Russian oligarch's expensive yacht too? Is the yacht a beacon too? Just food for thought. Hey bro, I don't begrudge SS collecting expensive watches and happy he's got the cash to do it. A watch itself just seems so outmoded and well, "Boomerish", given that smart phones have made them obsolete. Not wanting to start a discussion, just kickin' some thoughts around. Go Buffs !!

There are populations in this country that hold jewelry and watches like the people you know hold stocks and real estate. They are items that don't lose value and can be turned into cash quickly. So, pretty much the opposite of Boomer sh*t.

There are populations in this country that hold jewelry and watches like the people you know hold stocks and real estate. They are items that don't lose value and can be turned into cash quickly. So, pretty much the opposite of Boomer sh*t.

I would reply to this. But from your post, I couldn't tell if you were trying to start a discussion or just kicking some thoughts around.

I would reply to this. But from your post, I couldn't tell if you were trying to start a discussion or just kicking some thoughts around.

??? Caribbean, South Asian, and Eastern European immigrants as well as some African Americans, in my experience, often invest in jewelry and watches--their past experiences can leave them distrustful of government and banks. Also, Cuban-American Senators.

Expensive watches are status symbols, a way to say "I've made it." He shows it for the same reason he drives a Maybach.

It's a very elevated form of the same thing as when a young person wears a pair of $250 Nikes (with the laces untied)

Every generation of young people has it's own status symbols and fashion statements, which regardless of generation tend to irritate a certain number of members of older generations.

Back