What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

I really love the confidence/insecurity quote. It rings so true and it’s such an eloquent description of the seed of hate/misunderstanding that is in the hearts of many (including the olds in our own fanbase)

That watch is a beacon which draws every mediocre, non competitive, unaccomplished, and unconfident middle aged person straight out of their hiding places. If you’re a winner, you get it. If you’re a loser, you expose your weak losing mindset. Such a fascinating dichotomy.

Besides race, this is the biggest source of hatred for Prime and Co. Losers hate winners. Seeing pride and success in others derives such a visceral response in a beta with a loser mentality
Jon Wilner is actually 78 years old. He’s well beyond middle age. He’s right on schedule on kids having fun. His phone is really outdated.

As Prime was walking off the field, he was gesturing and yelling at guys. The camera angle didn't show who it was directed at, but now it seems he was yelling at his players to get out of the scrum.
I was wondering who he was yelling at.
On the contrary, pissing off these particularly deplorable fans is extremely satisfying.
Agreed. After what they were yelling all game, I have no time for their white tears regarding class and a watch.

State law requires that an average of no more than 45% of incoming freshmen at public universities come from out of state, and CU Boulder is near that limit. So a huge increase in applications won’t mean a huge shift in numbers ultimately accepted from out of state.
Unless they admit more students overall.

i used to wear a really fancy watch because i didn't want to dress up but i wanted to convey status. they sit in a drawer. really the end of it for me was the ****ing phone does everything better and it is one less ****ing thing. but, i am not a kid who is on the rise, either. i won't wear an apple watch. i do wear designer blazers and jewelry and i am hardly a kid, i fully support any flex these guys want to do--- they earned it. if folks hate it, then **** them.

danny kannell in particular is an even bigger d-bag than i previously believed. racist ****s can **** all the way off.

there is a lot of truth to looking good and feeling confident. bring it all the **** on. Coach and this program are showing the world what is under the surface for a lot of the critics.
I mean, if they’re just taking up space, I’d be willing to help you out and give those fancy watches a good home.

Expect a sh*tshow in the fall. CU will admit the same number they usually do, but a much higher percentage will accept. Dorm space will be at a premium.
I spoke to an out of state freshman last week. There wasn't availability in the dorms for her and she had to get an apartment. More than expected freshman accepted their offers this year. Prime affect already...

Finally, someone who understands money has entered the conversation. An AP is a status symbol. It's a visual evidence of status. An AP is a massive flex. A Maybach is a massive flex. None of this interest me but it might have when I was younger and wanted status without realizing what it cost.
I spent and flexed when I was young. Might have been in different ways (after market Blaupunkt in the Hooptie), but we all did it at one time. People need to get over themselves and worry less about what the youths are doing these days that they don't understand. And on the watch front, my son just bought a "Flex Watch" while traveling in Europe. I think he shouldn't have spent the money, but he earned it and and it's important to him, sooooo do your thing young buck!

Mechanical wristwatches are surging in popularity.

Go try to buy a new rolex. It's very difficult.

As folks have pointed to, there are a number of reasons why. But I don't think most people's reaction to Shedeur is "oh, watches are outdated."
But there seems to be a dichotomy of opinions on here. The “ok boomer, watches are outdated” coming out of the same mouths as “ok boomer, you don’t appreciate SS‘ watch”. But either way, I don’t give a **** because a) not a boomer, 2) have a pretty nice collection of luxury watches…that don’t look like women’s watches.

But there seems to be a dichotomy of opinions on here. The “ok boomer, watches are outdated” coming out of the same mouths as “ok boomer, you don’t appreciate SS‘ watch”. But either way, I don’t give a **** because a) not a boomer, 2) have a pretty nice collection of luxury watches…that don’t look like women’s watches.

Dude, once you're determining masculinity by accessories, you've already lost.

season 8 mermaid man begins GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I spoke to an out of state freshman last week. There wasn't availability in the dorms for her and she had to get an apartment. More than expected freshman accepted their offers this year. Prime affect already...
There were quite a lot of freshman who didn't get housed in the dorms this year. I heard several hundred at least.

There were quite a lot of freshman who didn't get housed in the dorms this year. I heard several hundred at least.
I'm a little surprised that CU allows freshman to live off-campus but not with family. I'm used to that being a requirement at most major universities.

Does anyone know where to find the ad-costs for various football games? I wonder if the Buffs' games are now a premium because of the ratings we've been getting this year. Are the networks out there increasing a price for a commercial during a CU game?

Does anyone know where to find the ad-costs for various football games? I wonder if the Buffs' games are now a premium because of the ratings we've been getting this year. Are the networks out there increasing a price for a commercial during a CU game?

I'm guessing all the A-Basin ads I watched Saturday didn't cost that much.

Back