What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

I’m pretty sure most people forget the Rangers and Diamondbacks are actual baseball teams. Kind of like when they saw the Astros and Phillies weren’t playing that the World Series was cancelled or something.

lean into the hate. embrace it and make it your own. the number of talking heads turned against us is amazing. next year will be so perfect.
I want to know if butthurt tears come in low sodium? If not, what will be a way to balance out the jump in sodium intake next fall?

their tears will taste like rose-water and a hint of bourbon with a cannabis undertone. a little salt won't kill anyone.

it is one of life's great mysteries how haters that subsist on processed food, deep fried racism, and cheap beer can produce such delicious tears...

Anecdotal.

Dude who works on the factory floor at my job is ~50 years old, never went to college, has lived his entire life on the East Coast; and now regularly wears a CU hat.

Also, Coach Prime and CU gear is being sold at Dick's Sporting Goods, in suburban Baltimore.
Probably about to be deeply discounted.

Probably about to be deeply discounted.

I don't think so.

We're not normal fans. The link above is a good read for perspective.

"But the reality is that most people don’t mind just a good, fun time, not necessarily desiring to mix it up with message board creeps who scour the internet looking for the next teenage phenom out of high school."

The article does repeatedly point out that winning will be necessary.

I've also talked with a lot of co-workers about CP and CU football. He's loved, and they're all excited about him and rooting for CU.

message board creeps
ew ugh GIF by YoungerTV

I don't think so.

We're not normal fans. The link above is a good read for perspective.

"But the reality is that most people don’t mind just a good, fun time, not necessarily desiring to mix it up with message board creeps who scour the internet looking for the next teenage phenom out of high school."

The article does repeatedly point out that winning will be necessary.

I've also talked with a lot of co-workers about CP and CU football. He's loved, and they're all excited about him and rooting for CU.
By the time all 50,000 people filed out of Folsom Field on Nov. 11, the sun was setting on the tiny college town for the last time.

1. "last time", WTAF? I'm positive I saw the sunset in Boulder again on 11/17. I'm confident it's also happened a few times since the game when I wasn't in Boulder to confirm.

2. Sunset was 90 minutes away from sunset when the game ended. I stayed to the end and walked to my car in daylight.

Telling a blatant lie two blatant lies in your first sentence is a great way to get me to stop reading the piece. Tell me you wrote an article but didn't go to the game without telling me....

1. "last time", WTAF? I'm positive I saw the sunset in Boulder again on 11/17. I'm confident it's also happened a few times since the game when I wasn't in Boulder to confirm.

2. Sunset was 90 minutes away from sunset when the game ended. I stayed to the end and walked to my car in daylight.

Telling a blatant lie two blatant lies in your first sentence is a great way to get me to stop reading the piece. Tell me you wrote an article but didn't go to the game without telling me....
You're not wrong that the intro is poorly written, but you're also pulling a classsic Hokie and being overly literal.

It's a hamfisted attempt to make a paralell between literal sunset on that day, and figurative sunset of the 2023 games at Folsom. Last time should have said something like "last time that a crowd at Folsom would see a sunset in 2023," and some artistic license was taken as to the exact moment at which sunset began and the exact moment at which the last person left Folsom.

That aside, I think there's plenty of merit in the article showing how non-CU alumni that are spending money on and engaging with Deion's team. Like it, or lump it, it's part of the "Prime effect." That is, unless you think stretching the truth about sunset time means the quotes later in the article are pure fabrications.

You're not wrong that the intro is poorly written, but you're also pulling a classsic Hokie and being overly literal.

It's a hamfisted attempt to make a paralell between literal sunset on that day, and figurative sunset of the 2023 games at Folsom. Last time should have said something like "last time that a crowd at Folsom would see a sunset in 2023," and some artistic license was taken as to the exact moment at which sunset began and the exact moment at which the last person left Folsom.

That aside, I think there's plenty of merit in the article showing how non-CU alumni that are spending money on and engaging with Deion's team. Like it, or lump it, it's part of the "Prime effect." That is, unless you think stretching the truth about sunset time means the quotes later in the article are pure fabrications.
thanks. I've encountered the term 'hamfisted' before, but your post prompted me to look up the meaning for the first time.

There are a lot of parts of CP's 'presentation' that attract kids - his fame as an athlete, the celebs and media.

Still, I wonder if in some of these families the parents are going to be the ones who really love CP and want a lasting link with him and CU. Does he do many home visits?

There are a lot of parts of CP's 'presentation' that attract kids - his fame as an athlete, the celebs and media.

Still, I wonder if in some of these families the parents are going to be the ones who really love CP and want a lasting link with him and CU. Does he do many home visits?
He hasn't done many. I don't think he will. But the whole time he's been a HC he's been dealing with those foot and leg issues, so not sure if he's going to be a bit more of a road warrior if his health allows that now.

Back