What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

thanks. I've encountered the term 'hamfisted' before, but your post prompted me to look up the meaning for the first time.
Hokie responds to a criticism that he's too literal by looking up the definition of hamfisted.

I Love You Flirt GIF

Why Is that?
Because he gains validity by talking the junk he does
I am sure Prime does not care and never even hears about it, but so much negativity comes towards Prime and it is painful to see people hate on someone and something they do not have anything to do with. Social Media is disgusting

i agree about whitlock sucking in general, and don't agree with him. but, per parts of the second tweet here, i saw different play calling for staub, even in the wazzu game. i absolutely don't think it was the OL playing harder (and hate the insinuations he's making), but i did see us having a coherent game plan including the quicker reads, aggressive power runs, and more direct play calls. i think that whitlock is implying some sort of BS social construct, which is junk. but i do see that in the first year of play at a higher level, both in terms of more even talent and more incisive coaching from the competition, relying on SS2 to be better than anyone else on the field worked great in the first few weeks then was found out as the opposition built tape and was able to counteract that all with scheme and matchup.

i do wonder if we had called an aggressive but concise game like staub got in the wazzu/utah games SS2 would have flashed bigger things. the pistol and straight ahead runs would have opened up his reads on 2nd down passes. he would have made every throw that staub made. (even in the first couple of series after SS2 left the wazzu game, both with staub and kuld, our play calls were different and we ran well against a defense that had to know we would favor the run over the pass.)

it all makes me think that having a more experienced, decisive OC (even one as boring as shumer) would have freed up SS2 more than letting his talent "lead" the offensive identity. even the throwback pass from jimmy doesnt seem like something we would have done early in the year.

i might be overthinking this and am probably misguided because i dont know what was going on behind the scenes. but it makes me higher on a full year of shurmer (oof) or (better) leftwich with his NFL pedigree than lewis or another OC up from a lower level of competition (b marion).

i agree about whitlock sucking in general, and don't agree with him. but, per parts of the second tweet here, i saw different play calling for staub, even in the wazzu game. i absolutely don't think it was the OL playing harder (and hate the insinuations he's making), but i did see us having a coherent game plan including the quicker reads, aggressive power runs, and more direct play calls. i think that whitlock is implying some sort of BS social construct, which is junk. but i do see that in the first year of play at a higher level, both in terms of more even talent and more incisive coaching from the competition, relying on SS2 to be better than anyone else on the field worked great in the first few weeks then was found out as the opposition built tape and was able to counteract that all with scheme and matchup.

i do wonder if we had called an aggressive but concise game like staub got in the wazzu/utah games SS2 would have flashed bigger things. the pistol and straight ahead runs would have opened up his reads on 2nd down passes. he would have made every throw that staub made. (even in the first couple of series after SS2 left the wazzu game, both with staub and kuld, our play calls were different and we ran well against a defense that had to know we would favor the run over the pass.)

it all makes me think that having a more experienced, decisive OC (even one as boring as shumer) would have freed up SS2 more than letting his talent "lead" the offensive identity. even the throwback pass from jimmy doesnt seem like something we would have done early in the year.

i might be overthinking this and am probably misguided because i dont know what was going on behind the scenes. but it makes me higher on a full year of shurmer (oof) or (better) leftwich with his NFL pedigree than lewis or another OC up from a lower level of competition (b marion).
Maybe Utah isn’t all that much better than CU?

Staub ran the basic RPO offense that Lewis installed, with only 1 read every time, except the 2-3 times he had to just find an open guy.
Was it effective, yes, because it was the way it was designed.
SS2 was not going to run the pure RPO offense in terms of the QB keep, and the 1 read design, for better or worse.
Staub should be proud of what he did and we should be proud of him
Is it odd and crazy that Lewis was hired to install an RPO offense that SS2 was not going to run
No matter what did or did not happen, Whitlock is trash and does not deserve to comment in the way he does about Prime, and I wish one of CP's bodyguards would help Whitlock figure out what happens when you "Fukk around and find out"

Of course, you’re incapable of keeping politics off of this board. Why keep showing you are a close-minded jackass?
You’re the guy who wants to eliminate progressives by any means necessary.

Sports and politics overlap when some people’s mission in life (Whitlock) is to carry water for anti-blackness. It shows up in their focused critiques of black people.

I also think SS2 holds the ball way too long because he is looking for that home run shot on EVERY down..which leads to protection break downs and lots of sacks.

Of course, you’re incapable of keeping politics off of this board. Why keep showing you are a close-minded jackass?
As he’s stated before, he believes race is the #1 factor in which America judges black people. Race also proves to be his main lens for evaluating people too, including a black person like Whitlock. The irony is delicious.

Did something specific cause Whitlock to hate Prime so much? Other than the fact that he hates his own race?
In terms of intelligence, knowledge of football, decency as a human being, understanding what elite high school athletes want in a college experience, and really anything else that matters in this discussion there's every reason to value RGIII's opinion and ignore Whitlock's.

In terms of intelligence, knowledge of football, decency as a human being, understanding what elite high school athletes want in a college experience, and really anything else that matters in this discussion there's every reason to value RGIII's opinion and ignore Whitlock's.
That’s also not to mention he got multiple things wrong and accused RG3 of saying 1-11 to 4-8 had never been done, which is clearly not what RG3 said. It pisses me off that people like him have such a large platform

Dr Steve doesn’t appear to be much of a fan either as he seems to confuse Travis Hunter with Travis Henry.
Well, a quick perusal of dr steve’s timeline demonstrates that he is an antivax trump cult member, so Im beginning to doubt his sincerity when he claims to be a cu alum. I wonder why trump cultists would have a problem with prime. Hmmmmmmmm……

Media still seems addicted to Prime. We lose a 3 star QB, 31st ranked one according to ESPN and that’s a top headline for them right now.

Back