What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by Travis

Between the legitimate NIL opportunities that come with playing for Prime and the wealthy connections he has, there’s honestly no reason why CU shouldn’t be able to compete with any program in the country in the NIL space… If Prime wants to
agree to a point. but he needs to convince what are presumably intelligent, wealthy people that investing in NIL for CU players has an ROI for them -- that's not a slam dunk

agree to a point. but he needs to convince what are presumably intelligent, wealthy people that investing in NIL for CU players has an ROI for them -- that's not a slam dunk
The ROI for them is getting “in” with one of the biggest sports and media stars in the world. Being part of the “team” that helped Prime do something that’s going to be at the forefront of the sports world for years to come. I don’t know it’s up to Prime to sell it, but his relationship skills, connections and general aura are why he’s in this position, so it’s ultimately up to him

Not to mention that Prime wouldn't do that. He'd be more of, "They doubt us, but we're gonna beat 'em; and I'm keeping the receipts to remind them how wrong they were. "
Then if the buffs lost, Prime would be very complimentary and congratulatory of the opposing team and coaches.

He had a chance to roast Jay Norvell and Matt Rhule like a luau hog. He could have pointed out blatant mis-officiating of the Pac12, dirty shots against Buffs players, etc. He didn’t.

In the end, Prime keeps his receipts, and he now has some understanding of what he needs to win at this level.

Then if the buffs lost, Prime would be very complimentary and congratulatory of the opposing team and coaches.

He had a chance to roast Jay Norvell and Matt Rhule like a luau hog. He could have pointed out blatant mis-officiating of the Pac12, dirty shots against Buffs players, etc. He didn’t.

In the end, Prime keeps his receipts, and he now has some understanding of what he needs to win at this level.
The most misunderstood thing about Prime from the reddit crowd is that he doesn't do a ton of ****-talking. He does a ton of talking in general, and sometimes is brutally honest, but he doesn't attack opposing teams too often.

Yet CU gets roasted while Planning or Norvell get cheered.

If those two were ~$21m total, that means the other four averaged more than that each ($90/4=$22.5) Not sure this math makes sense, although the basic point is true, I'm sure.
I read it as that was the "each" for those 2 opponents and the other 4 added up to around $50M.

If those two were ~$21m total, that means the other four averaged more than that each ($90/4=$22.5) Not sure this math makes sense, although the basic point is true, I'm sure.
Well, it did specify the numbers were for Boulder's economy and probably wasn't including the millions that Runzas around the state and Estes Park pulled in

I read it as that was the "each" for those 2 opponents and the other 4 added up to around $50M.
Well, it does say "total" but that would make more sense. Except the others would add up to about $80m, not $50, so they all would still average around $20m.

Either way, these sorts of economic impact estimates are always suspect, but I think we can all agree Coach Prime has been very good for Boulder business.

Never thought I'd have fashion in common with Sanders, but that flannel he's been wearing in all the recruit pix today looks just like one I own.

I definitely couldn't pull off the accessories like he does though.

Back