What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren to Oregon State

Where is
banner_2015.jpg
when you need him?

I’m not sure what amount of additional seasoning Chev needs. He’s been the Co-OC for two years. What more do we want from the guy?
I can't speak to other folks' reticence, but mine stems from the fact that elevating Chev to full OC will take his focus off recruiting and I fully believe the already anemic recruiting will completely unravel without his influence.

I can't speak to other folks' reticence, but mine stems from the fact that elevating Chev to full OC will take his focus off recruiting and I fully believe the already anemic recruiting will completely unravel without his influence.

Depends on how they backfill the positions - I'm firmly convinced that RG will be demanding more on the recruiting trail

Depends on how they backfill the positions - I'm firmly convinced that RG will be demanding more on the recruiting trail
That’s kind of where I am with it, too. Don’t look at it like we are losing Chev as a recruiter. Look at it as we are replacing Lindgren. Whoever comes in as a QB coach will need to be a good recruiter. Plus, plus as far as I’m concerned.

That’s kind of where I am with it, too. Don’t look at it like we are losing Chev as a recruiter. Look at it as we are replacing Lindgren. Whoever comes in as a QB coach will need to be a good recruiter. Plus, plus as far as I’m concerned.

That's asking a lot, MM picking the right qb coach and recruiter, west coast ties at that.

Hell, why not just bring in helfrich...

I really think Lindgren schemed and designed some pretty good plays. There were some serious break downs in the execution though. So, I don't know if that was a practice issue, a teaching issue, or a talent issue, but some really nicely designed stuff occasionally went horribly wrong. It made his play calling look weird sometimes. If our top two wideouts had held onto a couple of deep passes that went through their hands, we'd probably be bowling right now.

Adams and Chev Co-OC’s.

No ****ING way.

Is this what went through MM and RG's head? "Well Brian's gone so who do you like Mac?" "Well I think the two units that had the most hype and upside before this year and then failed miserably was entirely on the players and the coaches did incredible. I say we give Coach Adams a promotion and now Chev calls the plays!"

JFC

I really think Lindgren schemed and designed some pretty good plays. There were some serious break downs in the execution though. So, I don't know if that was a practice issue, a teaching issue, or a talent issue, but some really nicely designed stuff occasionally went horribly wrong. It made his play calling look weird sometimes. If our "top two" wideouts had held onto a couple of deep passes that went through their hands, we'd probably be bowling right now.

Fify.

The dynamic between Chev and Adams seems more likely to succeed, but the shared title still doesn't scream confidence to me.

How come when CU makes moves they don't appear to be moves to make the team better?

What is the goddamn obsession with CO-OC titles? Jesus, seriously. Give Chiv the OC title and give him the confidence to call plays and succeed on his own. If Adams needs a better title, call him "Run Game Coordinator" because it would be nice if his OL would start blocking better. Then go and get a rock solid WR Coach that recruits like a mother, and then you can call him "Pass Game Coordinator". Whatever floats your boat. What a silly change???

So, are we officially out looking for a QB Coach to replace Lindgren and laser focus on helping Montez and the QB room take a legitimate step forward, and the 10th coach will be WR Coach or what is the design of this staff now. Chidera is a strong candidate to become the 10th coach if we feel hiring within has value, but he would be best suited coaching DL. So, I am still confused on where MM takes the final staff? We need at least 1-2 new guys to freshen this thing up!

So, are we officially out looking for a QB Coach to replace Lindgren and laser focus on helping Montez and the QB room take a legitimate step forward, and the 10th coach will be WR Coach or what is the design of this staff now. Chidera is a strong candidate to become the 10th coach if we feel hiring within has value, but he would be best suited coaching DL. So, I am still confused on where MM takes the final staff? We need at least 1-2 new guys to freshen this thing up!

A QB coach is necessary.
A WR coach is probably not in the cards.
A TE coach who can coach inside receivers probably is.

Chidera probably has no where near the qualifications to coach the DL in a 3-4.

I'm not assuming that staff changes are complete. So many here wanted Bernardi and Jeffcoat replaced, and threw in Lindgren for fun - one down.

As far as I know, all have been loyal Buff coaches, regardless of their results. I wish none of them ill will. Just... happy retirement?

We do play them this year, so Elliot better have some different schemes, otherwise you have a fox in the hen house that knows all your tendencies. It is at home and we should beat them handily, but you know he would want some flesh from us. Also, why has Oregon State been on our schedule literally every year we have been in the PAC 12. They are like a creepy brother. Is it because the PAC 12 knew we would both be the 11th or 12th worst teams every year?

Fify.

The dynamic between Chev and Adams seems more likely to succeed, but the shared title still doesn't scream confidence to me.
The way I view it is that you have a guy in the booth calling plays and I guy on the sideline working with the players and relaying information to and from the press box.

We do play them this year, so Elliot better have some different schemes, otherwise you have a fox in the hen house that knows all your tendencies. It is at home and we should beat them handily, but you know he would want some flesh from us. Also, why has Oregon State been on our schedule literally every year we have been in the PAC 12. They are like a creepy brother. Is it because the PAC 12 knew we would both be the 11th or 12th worst teams every year?

Each North team save for Stanford & Cal has a six season rotating schedule with CU and the other South schools not named USC & UCLA. That is why UO is off CU's schedule this season and next season. OSU will rotate out and be replaced by UO. WSU will be the next to come off followed by UW, followed by UO, then OSU.

Back