What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren to Oregon State

Nobody knows if Chev is "ready" to be a full time OC or not and making definitive claims that he is or isn't are false. It is 100% up to the Head Coach to decide based on his dealings with him over the last two years. Every OC gets their first shot somewhere, so if this is Chev's then it's sink or swim time. Scoring offense was 11th in the league last season and it's highly unlikely they would drop to 12th, so there is almost literally nowhere to go but up. I wouldn't be overjoyed, but I'm also not going to cry about it.

This thread might be fun to follow:

"Mac must be going crazy after losing Leavitt last year And now his playcaller."

"also, guys, we poached a Pac-12 program coordinator. Little ol' OSU stole a guy in a lateral move. We should give each other a hardy high-five."

"Lindgren was the first QB Smith coached as a professional. so that is kind of cool."

http://bennyshouse.freeforums.net/thread/7640/new-oc

This is like when you have a crazy ex who cheated on you who is now dating a guy you don't get along with, but don't quite hate and you can't decide if you should tell him all the things he doesn't know about her or just let him figure it out on his own.

Obviously you need to be able to run to setup other avenues, but if our option is handing the ball to Bish, Lee and Fontenot in front of a young and struggling o-line, versus having Montez get the ball out to Winfree, Shenault, and Ento- I know which route I am going with.

I certainly don't want to abandon the run completely, just play to our personnel strengths.

You have to look at the defense too. A pass-heavy offense with a defense which is razor thin in the front seven is a recipe for disaster.

You have to look at the defense too. A pass-heavy offense with a defense which is razor thin in the front seven is a recipe for disaster.
You’re right, but I’m afraid our hope next year lies in winning a lot of shootouts, ala the Big 12 this year, and our best chance to do that is in the passing game. A lack of targeted recruiting has put us in that position.

Somehow Leach has figured out how to balance pass/rush ratio and win with a not so great defense.

Somehow Leach has figured out how to balance pass/rush ratio and win with a not so great defense.
Not a single point you tried to make is true:
1) WSU had the #2 overall defense in 2017 in conference
2) WSU had the #12 rushing offense in 2017
3) WSU had 295 rushing attempts (last) and 448 passing attempts (first)

http://pac-12.com/content/football-statistics

^This. So much this.

With an unproven front 7 on defense and a young offensive line, the best way to help them all out is to run the damn ball. Get into a track meet and both of those groups are going to get exposed.

Reactions: wip
Do not want an air raid offense. If Chiv is OC, I hope we can see a more balanced, ball control offense. Not just for the O, but for the D. To be honest, I prefer a run first offense, but maybe that is old thinking.

Anyone check on the status of Sam Noyer? I think he might go back home with Lindgren. Will he be able to beat Lyles in the spring for the backup QB job?

I think Chev is "ready" meaning the control freak Mac can manage Chev much more easily than if we got a really good OC with a ton of experience.

I’m not sure what amount of additional seasoning Chev needs. He’s been the Co-OC for two years. What more do we want from the guy?

If MM was going with Chev, that probably would have been announced today. No reason to withhold that.

I’m not sure what amount of additional seasoning Chev needs. He’s been the Co-OC for two years. What more do we want from the guy?
A unit that doesn't regress and **** itself all year?

Do not want an air raid offense. If Chiv is OC, I hope we can see a more balanced, ball control offense. Not just for the O, but for the D. To be honest, I prefer a run first offense, but maybe that is old thinking.

Even if its better for our personnel?

Air raid teams have always had trouble playing D, although the more recent limited success of Grinch at WSU would suggest otherwise. Much of that may have to do with the fact that many of their pass plays are not really much different than a running play, as it's high completion percentage and keeps the chains moving. It does seem like the faster you score, the worse the D is.

Back